coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

I think the thinking here is that the transfer ban could give someone like Lampard time to work. It would take the pressure off completely for this coming season which would give him a year to develop his team and style in the premiership while giving the youth proper chances to find out who’s good enough for us.

Our club is so weird. Chase Sarri all summer, even pay 8m to get him. They buy Jorginho to fit his system. He achieves top four. What do we do now, they ask? Oh that's right - sack him! Unbelievable.

When you think the club are maybe showing some patience and a different direction, they do what they always do. If we are going to be going through a difficult period next season, it makes sense to have an experienced manager to steady the ship. 

Posted (edited)

f**k this board. this nightmare started with sacking Emenalo and not backing Conte in transfer window after the winning run. f**k this sh*t. i'm so sick of it. bring rookie legend and then sack him as well of course. which big name coach will want to sign for this delusional board&club anyway? SACK 'EM ALL

Edited by mojo

10 minutes ago, mojo said:

f**k this board. this nightmare started with sacking Emenalo and not backing Conte in transfer window after the winning run. f**k this sh*t. i'm so sick of it. bring rookie legend and then sack him as well of course. which big name coach will want to sign for this delusional board&club anyway? SACK 'EM ALL

Its madness. If Lampard wasn't a club legend we wouldn't even touch him. 

16 hours ago, magichat said:

you might be right that the match goers won't boo him, but for the rest the fans? I highly doubt it

I think people wants Lampard not because they are certain that Lampard is a better manager than Sarri (let's be honest, he probably isn't yet) but because they are so fed up with Sarri they would take a lamppost to be our manager just to see the back of Sarri. and when ultimately the going gets though for Lampard, you just know how those set of fans will react #LampardOut

Match goers are the fickle bunch. These are the same people that sing f**k Sarri ball after a perfect start to the season, not to mention the signs calling Hazard and Cesc snakes during Mourinho's reign.

Is this really happening are they really going to sack him am done with this board and the people running it will always support Chelsea but as far as the board goes no way

Is this acutally going to happen??! First of all Frank is very inexperienced as a manager and he can fail miserably. Why at this time? I don't buy it. 

Don't get me wrong I love Frank and he is one the all time best players ever in the Prem and in Chelsea. On top of that he is as smart as they come. 

6 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Is this really happening are they really going to sack him emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png am done with this board and the people running it will always support Chelsea but as far as the board goes no way

The fans were chanting "we want Sarri out". If the board are mad for sacking Sarri now, what does that make the fans doing those chants? 

Well, just great. Hollywood FC back at it again a week before a European final.

Couldn’t these rumors just wait a bit? All little hope I had for the game, is now gone.

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

I think the thinking here is that the transfer ban could give someone like Lampard time to work. It would take the pressure off completely for this coming season which would give him a year to develop his team and style in the premiership while giving the youth proper chances to find out who’s good enough for us.

Why not just do that with the manager who has already been working with the players for a year... 

Yeah I think we’d have to be pretty stupid to sack Sarri now.

Who knows what he can do next season? We need to find out before sacking him imo. Now the first year is done and out of the way, Sarri has to deliver now in terms of footballing style, I’d be happy if we achieved the same next season to be honest - 3rd and two cup finals. It’s the footballing style that is the biggest issue for me.

I would LOVE it if he can deliver Sarriball here. That football is orgasmic. 

16 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Why not just do that with the manager who has already been working with the players for a year... 

I think Lampard would be much better at bringing the youth through. I also think bringing in Lampard would give the whole club an instant lift in terms of overall mood and outlook given his relationship with the fans compared to Sarris poor relatioI think Lampard would be much better at bringing the youth through. I also think bringing in Lampard would give the whole club an instant lift in terms of overall mood and outlook given his relationship with the fans compared to Sarris poor relationship with the fans.nship with the fans.

Pretty sad state of affairs. 

Sarri hasnt been treated well here at all, the english media turned on him for playing kante in a slightly more advanced role, god forbid anyone tries something different. I can imagine they wouldve gone after conte for playing 3 at the back if that didnt work out so well from start. Ridiculed for attempting innovation. 

Even worse has been the treat from some fans, "f**k sarriball", and booing jorginho and some of sarri's substitutions is really poor form. I dont think we can call out any other fans for lacking patience and respect, when we have large sections of the fanbase that not only dont support the manager when needed it most, but publicity go after him after a couple of months of iffy performances. 

I was proud of the way we stuck by mourinho in 15/16, but pretty embarrassed by how we have treated sarri. 

You may not agree with his selections, or his philosophy, or his smoking habit, or his lack of dress sense, but the toxic atmosphere has come from the stands for a change this season, and i dont think anyone can argue that it has helped the team in anyway.

Hopefully Lamps gets the job, because i cant see any other manager being afforded the patience that is required to take the team forward, when there are so many problems with the structure of the club at the moment.

Numerous media outlets reporting that the decision has already been made; Sarri to be sacked and Lamps to come in.

Really mixed views on this.

I believe Sarri has done enough to get a second season, with or without winning the Europa League. He achieved the minimum criteria which was a top 4 finish. Two finals and a potential trophy are a bonus. It's been far from all rosy, but I believe he has done enough, and to sack him a year in sends a very negative message to the football world, and only further reinforces the opinion that we are a club with no patience, and no long-term strategy that we are willing to buy into and stick with it.

I do however still have serious doubts as to where Sarri can take us, and my gut tells me he would be unlikely to make it to the end of next season. With the CL thrown in, there would be no place to hide (the Europa has undoubtedly helped Sarri's match win return & momentum) and it could get really tough, really fast when those games kick in.

My biggest issue with Sarri is the fact that he has divided the fan base. I blame the fan base itself more for this than Sarri, although I maintain that he doesn't help himself. He has never really come across as a 'Chelsea man' and he has done little/nothing to try and be one of us really. The total lack of interaction with the fan base, combined with his strange and scruffy characteristics (wearing a tracksuit to cup finals and chewing fag butts on the touchline) have not helped endear himself to me, I must say. I don't hate Sarri like many others do however, but it can't be denied there is a sour and toxic feeling within a large section of the support towards him, and it's not healthy. It's on a par with the Bentitez situation, and it's not a good thing for the club. Like I said, not really his fault, but it's still an issue for me.

As for Lamps, it's a heart V head situation for me. My head tells me he is nowhere near ready, and he should get a few years of solid Premiership experience under his belt before taking the Chelsea job. My heart tells me he is the dream appointment, will being the feel-good feeling back to the Bridge, and is the perfect man (along with Morris)  to develop youth prospects such as Mount, James, Abraham, CHO etc. Being young doesn't mean he can't make an instant impact and be a success, but it can't be denied that he lack of experience would be unparalleled in terms of a Managerial appointment under the Roman era. It seems like it would be a rushed and hasty decision if I am honest, but one I could get excited about pretty quickly if it did happen for all the obvious reasons.

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Match goers are the fickle bunch. These are the same people that sing f**k Sarri ball after a perfect start to the season, not to mention the signs calling Hazard and Cesc snakes during Mourinho's reign.

Ah everything now makes sense. You are one of these Sarri cultists that you find on twitter, usually with a profile pic of Sarri's face or a player of another European team. Weird bunch.

Don't think we're going to sack Sarri... But if Juventus really are in for him and Sarri's up for taking the job then I don't think Chelsea are going to stand in his way. 

Bit of the old "terminate contract by mutual consent" statement on the horizon if this is the case. 

I'm not sure Sarri is 100% happy being at Chelsea and I'm not convinced Chelsea are 100% happy with Sarri either. 

At the moment it seems like the Italian media is most convinced about Sarri leaving but I have yet to see much of the British media follow suit. 

Personally I think he will leave regardless of how the Europa League final pans out. 

BREAKING: Chelsea have decided to hire Frank Lampard and sack Maurizio Sarri. 
[via @DiMarzio]
I would be surprised if this happens. Surely they would more likely go with Allegri than Lampard?!
Let's drink to that

1 hour ago, mclovin83 said:

Numerous media outlets reporting that the decision has already been made; Sarri to be sacked and Lamps to come in.

Really mixed views on this.

I believe Sarri has done enough to get a second season, with or without winning the Europa League. He achieved the minimum criteria which was a top 4 finish. Two finals and a potential trophy are a bonus. It's been far from all rosy, but I believe he has done enough, and to sack him a year in sends a very negative message to the football world, and only further reinforces the opinion that we are a club with no patience, and no long-term strategy that we are willing to buy into and stick with it.

I do however still have serious doubts as to where Sarri can take us, and my gut tells me he would be unlikely to make it to the end of next season. With the CL thrown in, there would be no place to hide (the Europa has undoubtedly helped Sarri's match win return & momentum) and it could get really tough, really fast when those games kick in.

My biggest issue with Sarri is the fact that he has divided the fan base. I blame the fan base itself more for this than Sarri, although I maintain that he doesn't help himself. He has never really come across as a 'Chelsea man' and he has done little/nothing to try and be one of us really. The total lack of interaction with the fan base, combined with his strange and scruffy characteristics (wearing a tracksuit to cup finals and chewing fag butts on the touchline) have not helped endear himself to me, I must say. I don't hate Sarri like many others do however, but it can't be denied there is a sour and toxic feeling within a large section of the support towards him, and it's not healthy. It's on a par with the Bentitez situation, and it's not a good thing for the club. Like I said, not really his fault, but it's still an issue for me.

As for Lamps, it's a heart V head situation for me. My head tells me he is nowhere near ready, and he should get a few years of solid Premiership experience under his belt before taking the Chelsea job. My heart tells me he is the dream appointment, will being the feel-good feeling back to the Bridge, and is the perfect man (along with Morris)  to develop youth prospects such as Mount, James, Abraham, CHO etc. Being young doesn't mean he can't make an instant impact and be a success, but it can't be denied that he lack of experience would be unparalleled in terms of a Managerial appointment under the Roman era. It seems like it would be a rushed and hasty decision if I am honest, but one I could get excited about pretty quickly if it did happen for all the obvious reasons.

Top post mate, I to don't hate Sarri, just in my opinion a very strange decision employing him in the first place, and can't come to terms with some horrendous performances, tactics, stubbornness etc, I hope he becomes a success somewhere else as seems decent enough guy,  I think come the end of next week after final and play off final, there maybe more news, but I will be astonished if he's here come begining of season, dead man walking I feel now.

54 minutes ago, buzzcfc said:

Ah everything now makes sense. You are one of these Sarri cultists that you find on twitter, usually with a profile pic of Sarri's face or a player of another European team. Weird bunch.

PM me and i'll happily give you my twitter @ so you can see my gorgeous face. 

I'm Sarri in and do plenty of away days each year, i'm not one of those mongs at The Bridge chanting f**k Sarriball and booing Jorginho.