coco

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

On 22/05/2019 at 04:24, wallosh said:
On 22/05/2019 at 03:32, bisright1 said:
It is fascinating. I couldn't disagree with you more. 
We've only lost one of our last 12 games - to Liverpool. Only 2 of the last 18 since the league cup final. That's improvement! That's a good sign. 
I think we would actually improve next year. Even without hazard. I genuinely see improvements. 
Would be a shame if we don't find out though. If we go backwards next year under lampard it will be a debate of whether we would have done that under Sarri. Which will be just as pointless!

Do you think we can make the top 4 next season if we keep Sarri?

what makes you think we can finish top 4 with Lampard though, considering he finished 6th in Championship

Sarri spot on in his comments. This whole situation is a sh*t show for the second season running.
How are we even canvassing a conversation about the manager's future two weeks before we play the Europa League final? Enormous distraction that's not needed. 

We are the comedy club of England

Every fan thinks their club is doing stupid things all the time apart from probably City's and Pool's..

With our looming transfer plan Sarri might leave Chelsea for Juventus if he has the chance No matter what he said. 

And I'm sure the club is pondering the player-market in terms of the ban. If we can't get the targets we want this summer why freeze the ban now. We will only extend it to the next summer then. 

I am also warming up to the idea we can cope without buying anyone. Our loan-army is so huge we should be able to utilize it. My biggest concern is Ruben's and Callum's injuries.

Hahahahahaha, so after months of banging on about how amazing Emery and OGS are and how we have no chance of finishing above them only to be proved wrong it's now "but we won't do it next season".
Yeah, we were fortunate to finish ahead of Arsenal and Emery could still end up having a much better season than Sarri.
I like to know where I claimed United will finish above us this season, can you remind me or you need to pay more attention to my posts!

Hahahahahaha, so after months of banging on about how amazing Emery and OGS are and how we have no chance of finishing above them only to be proved wrong it's now "but we won't do it next season".
Yeah, we were fortunate to finish ahead of Arsenal and Emery could still end up having a much better season than Sarri.
I like to know where I claimed United will finish above us this season, can you remind me or you need to pay more attention to my posts!

4 minutes ago, wallosh said:

I know some people like to say if you win nothing it's a disaster and if you win anything then it's great, but thats a stupid thing to say.

Arsenal finished awfully, they were beaten by a lot of teams, they choked. If they beat Chelsea in a one off game and win the Europa League, yeah they've had a marginally better season. But much better? No. If we best them then we've had the much better season. 

I mean, they basically have the same team as the year before, so I could see merit in the argument that they did not underachieve.  I don't think anyone expected them to challenge for the title heading into the season.  So that leaves battling for top 4, and they finished 4th.  So I would say, just looking at the league and not the CL, they did about as well as they could.
Agreed that it is strange that Poch gets no criticism, but let's say Sarri stays and we have the exact same team next season and don't/can't buy anyone this summer - I think we would be happy with a top 4 finish again.
It's strange how people can say Tottenham has underachieved this season after they failed to strengthen that team for two good seasons. I rate Klopp and Conte for there ability to get the best out an average team but i really dont know if they would have kept Tottenham in the top four last season and this season with that same team while also competing in the champions league. I think people seems to underrate that Totheham squad a lot.
If you are to form a very strong from our team an that of Tottenham, the best you can come up with is
Kepa
Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Alderweireld, Emerson
Son, Eriksen, Kante, RLC, Hazard
Kane
Subs, Loris, Luiz, Trippier, Jorginho, Alli, Moura/CHO, Higuain
The fact that just 4 or 5 of them could start ahead of our players shows how sh*t that team is. Meanwhile, if Sarri can have a similar season without us signing any new player by finishing in the top 4 and getting us into the champions league final next season, i will want the board to tie him down with 5 years contract!

I mean, they basically have the same team as the year before, so I could see merit in the argument that they did not underachieve.  I don't think anyone expected them to challenge for the title heading into the season.  So that leaves battling for top 4, and they finished 4th.  So I would say, just looking at the league and not the CL, they did about as well as they could.
Agreed that it is strange that Poch gets no criticism, but let's say Sarri stays and we have the exact same team next season and don't/can't buy anyone this summer - I think we would be happy with a top 4 finish again.
It's strange how people can say Tottenham has underachieved this season after they failed to strengthen that team for two good seasons. I rate Klopp and Conte for there ability to get the best out an average team but i really dont know if they would have kept Tottenham in the top four last season and this season with that same team while also competing in the champions league. I think people seems to underrate that Totheham squad a lot.
If you are to form a very strong from our team an that of Tottenham, the best you can come up with is
Kepa
Kane
The fact that just 4 or 5 of them could start ahead of our players shows how sh*t that team is. Meanwhile, if Sarri can have a similar season without us signing any new player by finishing in the top 4 and getting us into the champions league final next season, i will want the board to tie him down with 5 years contract!

15 hours ago, General said:

He will have had nearly 2 weeks to prepare the team for the EL cup final

The match although a one off will tell us all how far he has really come this season with this group of players, no more excuses from the for and against crowds, no time to train & injuries cannot be used as an excuse, Arse cant play Mikitarian we cant play RLC. I'm not saying if he loses he's out / a failure or if he wins he's the best thing since someone started cutting slices of a loaf; all  I'm saying its how the team show up on the pitch on the 29th and how much heart and effort they put in, and can they follow his game plan / tactics for this very crucial final match ?

Think we can all settle this thread when we review the performance on the 29th after the final whistle.

No Rudiger, no RLC no CHO. We should still beat them, but its a cup game and anything can happen. If the players put in the effort and lose, c'est la vie. If they can't be arsed, then its just going to confirm my belief that some of our players need to leave immediately, not the coach. If they can't raise themselves for a european cup final, then they should feck off. 

what makes you think we can finish top 4 with Lampard though, considering he finished 6th in Championship
I already made it clear I don't expect us to make top 4 next season even with Lampard in charge.

23 minutes ago, wallosh said:

Kepa
Kane

If you want to combine a Spurs and Chelsea team then realistically only 2 Chelsea players would deffiantly really get into that team and that would be Kante and Hazard. There back 4 is better than Chelsea's, they also have 4 quality centre backs in Vertanghen, Alderweireld, Sanchez and Dier. They have 2 better left backs in Davies and Rose, Ali is a better player than RLC and Trippier over Dave.

The Spurs squad is far from sh*t and some people are making a big issue out of Spurs not signing anyone, they have had the same manager for 5 years, had the same group of players working together, it's not all negatives but also positives in that. Spurs should not be going into the last game of the season playing for top 4 and losing 13 league games. Spurs should be sitting on their own comfortably behind the 2 top teams and in front of 3 teams in transition. They have a strong defence and a team with players who get plenty of goals, yes the ultimate goal in a season is to get top 4 so then it is simple to say they had a good season but looking at their season in more detail then domestically Spurs underachieved, I have no doubt about that. 

4 minutes ago, wallosh said:
10 hours ago, magichat said:

I already made it clear I don't expect us to make top 4 next season even with Lampard in charge.

How many points do you think we will get next year?

2 hours ago, wallosh said:

How is it possible for Emery to have a MUCH better season than Sari?

If he wins the Europa league which means Qualifying for the Champions league and winning a trophy, it's much better than finishing in top 4 and playing in 2 cup finals which successively ended in defeat.

6 minutes ago, wallosh said:
11 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

If he wins the Europa league which means Qualifying for the Champions league and winning a trophy, it's much better than finishing in top 4 and playing in 2 cup finals which successively ended in defeat.

Winning the Europa League, qualifying for the champions league and finishing 5th. 

is not much better than

Runners up in the Europa league, qualifying for the champions league, finishing 4th and finishing runners up in the League Cup. 

1 hour ago, Ernie_blue said:

If you want to combine a Spurs and Chelsea team then realistically only 2 Chelsea players would deffiantly really get into that team and that would be Kante and Hazard. There back 4 is better than Chelsea's, they also have 4 quality centre backs in Vertanghen, Alderweireld, Sanchez and Dier. They have 2 better left backs in Davies and Rose, Ali is a better player than RLC and Trippier over Dave.

The Spurs squad is far from sh*t and some people are making a big issue out of Spurs not signing anyone, they have had the same manager for 5 years, had the same group of players working together, it's not all negatives but also positives in that. Spurs should not be going into the last game of the season playing for top 4 and losing 13 league games. Spurs should be sitting on their own comfortably behind the 2 top teams and in front of 3 teams in transition. They have a strong defence and a team with players who get plenty of goals, yes the ultimate goal in a season is to get top 4 so then it is simple to say they had a good season but looking at their season in more detail then domestically Spurs underachieved, I have no doubt about that. 

We conceded the same amount of goals even after being spanked by City 6-0, how do you conclude their back 4 is better?

RLC has better numbers than Alli this season in less minutes and Trippier has been awful this year.

We're the most successful team in England in recent years. If people want to laugh at our considerable success then they're more than welcome.

Yes all while always having a circus around the club I have no issues with our success but for once I just want a few years of stability

39 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

We conceded the same amount of goals even after being spanked by City 6-0, how do you conclude their back 4 is better?

RLC has better numbers than Alli this season in less minutes and Trippier has been awful this year.

Individually the majority of Spurs defenders are better than Chelsea's apart from Rudiger. Alli is a better player than RLC but he is further developed in his career, Alli is a prick but his a good player. Whatever views people have on what players are better is individual anyway, for anyone to say Spurs squad is sh*t is totally wrong and if the Spurs team is sh*t because only 5 players would make a combined team then what's the difference to the team who finished ahead with 6 players, they must be sh*t too.

Im not Sarri's biggest fan but he overachieved to finish ahead of Spurs who have a better squad and alot more goalscorers/creators, a settled team and a manager who has been there for 5 years. It's also not a team which has plenty of deadwood.

Edited by Ernie_blue

3 hours ago, wallosh said:

How can Emery end up having a much better season than Sarri?  If he wins the Europa League, you could argue it's marginally better.  But we'll have got to two finals and finished 3rd in the league.

4 hours ago, Ernie_blue said:

That's just not how the market works though.  Even Man City, after destroying the league in Pep's second season, went out and signed Mahrez.  Now just last week Pep said he needs 4 new signings.  You have to bring in new players to compete and make the squad better - whether that is on the transfer market or promoting youth.  Tottenham did neither this season.