coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

7 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

Tancredi Palmieri has tweeted that there is now contact between Sarri and Juve.

Interesting in that Sarri at least challenged Juve for Serie A.  But can Sarri get Ronaldo and the rest of them to play Sarriball?

And if Sarri ends up going to Roma or Juve, or anywhere else, would he want to take Jorginho with him?

Juve have Pjanic, so Sarri wouldn't need to take Jorginho with him there.

All of these reports are a lot of rubbish if you ask me. Every time Sarri has been asked the question about his future he always says the same - that he's loving working in England and feels that the premier league is the best league in the world and he wants to stay.

10 minutes ago, DannyVblue said:

Juve have Pjanic, so Sarri wouldn't need to take Jorginho with him there.

All of these reports are a lot of rubbish if you ask me. Every time Sarri has been asked the question about his future he always says the same - that he's loving working in England and feels that the premier league is the best league in the world and he wants to stay.

Yes, but Juve wasn't confirmed available until today.  I think the attraction there is a game changer. 

2 hours ago, wallosh said:
6 hours ago, Argo said:
While I rate the job Nuno has done at Wolves he plays the style of football we've invested time and money trying to move on from.
If Sarri goes we need someone with a possession/attacking based philosophy.

Why should you move on from something that has brought you so much success?

There's very good reasons! In this era, pragmatic football will not be anywhere near good enough to catch City and Liverpool. You can't afford to play away with the aim to not lose. To park the bus in some games. That's not good enough anymore and i'm glad it isn't!  There's also this factor which i heard about on the radio a while ago. Match day corporate revenue at the Bridge is falling sharply. People with a lot of dosh are seeing way more entertaining football being played by other teams and feel they are not getting value for money watching Chelsea grinding out results. 

2 hours ago, wallosh said:
2 hours ago, Argo said:
If he was doing things to "save his job" then Kante would have become a DM by now. The mental gymnastics being used to turn even his good things into bad is hilarious.

With Kante eventually adapting his game to that RM position, I don't see any fans in the stadium moaning about it.

Imagine thinking Kante plays out wide. You also don't see fans in the stadium moaning because you're 3000 miles away.

26 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Hmm I think Glenn Hoddle was our last manager to chose to leave us for a new gig, interesting times ahead.

I'll say.

I'm trying to think of another profession that has such quirks and switches (and incompetents getting job after job) as football managers, but I can't. Anybody?

1 hour ago, red5goahead said:

As Juventus supporter I'm worried about last rumors about Sarri

As a Chelsea support i'm even more worried about your ex manager coming here. 

4 hours ago, Dixons said:

There's very good reasons! In this era, pragmatic football will not be anywhere near good enough to catch City and Liverpool. You can't afford to play away with the aim to not lose. To park the bus in some games. That's not good enough anymore and i'm glad it isn't!  There's also this factor which i heard about on the radio a while ago. Match day corporate revenue at the Bridge is falling sharply. People with a lot of dosh are seeing way more entertaining football being played by other teams and feel they are not getting value for money watching Chelsea grinding out results. 

Doesnt suprise me after this season :laugh2:

Imagine thinking Kante plays out wide. You also don't see fans in the stadium moaning because you're 3000 miles away.
Haha, who said he was playing out wide?

2 hours ago, Valerie said:

I'll say.

I'm trying to think of another profession that has such quirks and switches (and incompetents getting job after job) as football managers, but I can't. Anybody?

Reality tv stars seem to go to show to show despite being talentless and in some cases just being related to someone famous seems to be good enough to get a gig. 

13 hours ago, Dixons said:

Do you have a link to show the revenue dropping? 

13 hours ago, Dixons said:

I believe  season ticket renewals are down as well, Roman won't have any of this, last time we had so much division regarding a current manager was when the oversized Spanish waiter was in charge and he also won Europa League, appreciate he was an interim but there was no chance it was going any further, think Roman may well decide enoughs enough, also I maybe wrong but Sarri's coaching staff are all out of contract so that will save a pay off to them. Be nice to sort this quickly and move forward through the summer with more enthusiasm and hope. Not much to look forward if things stay the same.

11 hours ago, Dixons said:

As a Chelsea support i'm even more worried about your ex manager coming here. 

5 Serie A's, 4 Italian cups and 2 times in CL final. Allegri isn’t that bad to be honest... 

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Do you have a link to show the revenue dropping? 

Sorry, i don't and can't even remember the name of the journo who said it. I was just pottering around the house with the radio (either 5 live live or talksport) on in the background when i heard it about a month or so ago.  But the above post by Chi blue adds weight to what was said.                                                                                                                                                    

16 hours ago, Dixons said:

There's also this factor which i heard about on the radio a while ago. Match day corporate revenue at the Bridge is falling sharply. People with a lot of dosh are seeing way more entertaining football being played by other teams and feel they are not getting value for money watching Chelsea grinding out results. 

If people want value for money they should forget about football at the top level and go watch non-league.

2 hours ago, chi blue said:

I believe  season ticket renewals are down as well,

Have you got proof they are down ? I find it hard to believe that season ticket renewals would be down for a Champions League season, after a Europa league season.

I cant believe whats happening. This week has been a sh*tshow why is there always so much uncertainty around the club. Things never work out for managers here and unlike before we aren't number 1 anymore. I hope all of this gets resolved quickly. 

I dont know what will happen next but I am confident that Sarri wont go to Juve. No way will he betray his hometown Naples like that and he even said he will never manage any other serie A team. people in naples consider him a god. dont see him managing another serie A club. 

2 minutes ago, zes said:

I dont know what will happen next but I am confident that Sarri wont go to Juve. No way will he betray his hometown Naples like that and he even said he will never manage any other serie A team. people in naples consider him a god. dont see him managing another serie A club. 

he probably would if they offered him enough money.  Pedulla seems to think he is 70% gone, and Juve are in talks, as are Milan.   I think IF he goes, its going to be Allegri coming in.  Unless Bayern take him

20 minutes ago, coco said:

If people want value for money they should forget about football at the top level and go watch non-league.

I know i have much better things to do with my time and money than spending it on non-league football. Lets be honesr, a lot of the time the atmosphere at the bridge is like a Library at 3am. Fans have been bored sh*tless for 3 out the last 4 seasons now. We've fallen miles behind in terms of entertaining football.

10 minutes ago, RickUK said:

he probably would if they offered him enough money.  Pedulla seems to think he is 70% gone, and Juve are in talks, as are Milan.   I think IF he goes, its going to be Allegri coming in.  Unless Bayern take him

f**k. another dinosaur. this has to be a nightmare. I am Italian and know what Juve fans think of him. Gets shown up in Europe due to sitting back all the time with dinosaur tactics and their annual scudetto win in a league where they get first dips in recruiting the best players. 

17 minutes ago, zes said:

I cant believe whats happening. This week has been a sh*tshow why is there always so much uncertainty around the club. Things never work out for managers here and unlike before we aren't number 1 anymore. I hope all of this gets resolved quickly. 

Yeah, it really has been a downer. It's beyond bizarre we wait for years for some of  'our boys'  to break thru, then when they finally do we lose them both to the same longterm injuries within a couple of weeks. CHO's was bad enough, but to lose a player who had become an important player and be even morse so for next, has been a real sickener. 

20 minutes ago, zes said:

Money talks, I'd manage spurs for  a few million a year!! Mind you I would make sure I put a reserve team out when playing the chels