coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

3 hours ago, Master&Commander said:

This thread is exhilarating. I hope Sarri will make you win EL and right away will be sacked ! So next year you'll be able to fight for the seventh place against Wolverhampton and Everton with Lampard,Ranieri or Mourinho on the bench? A big part of Chelsea supporters this deserves.

Bye bye

I know our transfer policy is questionable at times, but I don't even think Chelsea would sign these guys to use them as squad players.

22 minutes ago, wallosh said:
53 minutes ago, bisright1 said:
I think the question at the moment is will he stay. Why would he want to be manager of this cluster f**k of a club. Rumours of him being sacked constantly, forced to play a friendly shortly before our biggest game of the season, transfer ban incoming. Madness

I know you are related to him, so I want you to tell him that: "On behalf of all fan's of this cluster f**k of a club, we want him to resign immediately so we can move forward with winning trophies."

I think reading Twitter / this forum, you are actually in the minority of wanting him to leave. 

Earlier in the year, people wanted him gone. Now most fans want to back the team ahead of a final and see him be successful. 

I think reading Twitter / this forum, you are actually in the minority of wanting him to leave. 
Earlier in the year, people wanted him gone. Now most fans want to back the team ahead of a final and see him be successful. 
Am backing him as well to win the Europa league but even if am the type that bets, I can't put my money on us beating Arsenal in the final. And I want Sarri to be successful, but unfortunately he isn't as ambitious as the managers that have worked here. He will rather play beautiful football than compete to win the league.

After the awful news today, as well as feeling terribly sorry for Loftus,  i'm also feeling sorry for Sarri too! With everything that's happening he faces an almost impossible job of making us competitive next season and no doubt get sacked at the end of it after never being given a fair crack at the job.

I have changed my mind, whatever happens in Baku I want him to stay. RLC injury handicapped him for the final, I do not think he can cover the big mans absence as he is irreplaceable with our current squad so is not fair to judge him on that game anymore.

So lets see how he does next year, if it is bad then his contract is up and we can let him go for no compo and a contract finished, a rare thing indeed for us.

8 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

I have changed my mind, whatever happens in Baku I want him to stay. RLC injury handicapped him for the final, I do not think he can cover the big mans absence as he is irreplaceable with our current squad so is not fair to judge him on that game anymore.

So lets see how he does next year, if it is bad then his contract is up and we can let him go for no compo and a contract finished, a rare thing indeed for us.

possibly Tammy.  Think if Villa go up theyll buy him though

Its looking very bleak indeed. With Loftus Cheek injury and Odoi too, two players Sarri was going to integrate fully next season in the first team.

Reports out of italy are that Ac milan are very interested in Sarri too. If Sarri leaves I have no idea who would come in with these set of players, minus Hazard, cho and loftus cheek and do well. Not to mention the transfer ban and a brand new style of play that needs to be taught. For that reason best possible case is for Sarri to remain with us if he hasnt already decided that he had enough of this mess.

Guest Sindre

Next season will be a write-off now.

And the only good thing about that is that it could give an incoming manager time to work without any real pressure before the 20/21 season. 

25 minutes ago, Gentian said:

Its looking very bleak indeed. With Loftus Cheek injury and Odoi too, two players Sarri was going to integrate fully next season in the first team.

Reports out of italy are that Ac milan are very interested in Sarri too. If Sarri leaves I have no idea who would come in with these set of players, minus Hazard, cho and loftus cheek and do well. Not to mention the transfer ban and a brand new style of play that needs to be taught. For that reason best possible case is for Sarri to remain with us if he hasnt already decided that he had enough of this mess.

Bielsa. Integrated 14 U23's into the first team squad in one season. Granted he failed last night but that was largely due to poor decision making from their Champions league winning goalkeeper who undermined the team's performance. I think Bielsa would have us playing an exciting brand of football, using what tools are available to him. If Sarri is sacked or leaves of course.

36 minutes ago, Gentian said:

Yes, he's made mistakes and been frustratingly stubburn, but after a difficult season with a tierd looking squad that badly needs new talent,  he's got us top 3 and two finals.  Despite that, the fans have shown no patience and given no love or support towards him. I bet he's feeling very lonely and not wanted, so who would blame him if he went back home.   Having said that, remember it took a while for the fans to warm to Claudio, with many thinking he was a clown. So things can change given the time. 

Edited by Dixons

“Sarri wont talk to another team whilst he’s focused on the Europa League final. Maybe after the final he might”.

- Alfredo Pedulla

Maurizio Sarri is close to saying ‘yes’ to joining AC Milan.

- @Sport_Mediaset

1 minute ago, JM7 said:

“Sarri wont talk to another team whilst he’s focused on the Europa League final. Maybe after the final he might”.

- Alfredo Pedulla

- @Sport_Mediaset

If there is any truth in this, the fact that he is considering leaving the best financial gig in town rather than waiting for the inevitable in time (get job, do reasonably well, get sacked, keep reputation, get milions in compensation) confirms to me that he feels out of his depth in this league, with this group of players,

8 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

If there is any truth in this, the fact that he is considering leaving the best financial gig in town rather than waiting for the inevitable in time (get job, do reasonably well, get sacked, keep reputation, get milions in compensation) confirms to me that he feels out of his depth in this league, with this group of players,

I also don't think he is too happy at Chelsea to be honest and you wonder about his relationship with the board. He also made it clear he wasn't happy about the scheduling of the game last night, and I doubt that has done anything to improve things with Roman and the board.

30 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Bielsa. Integrated 14 U23's into the first team squad in one season. Granted he failed last night but that was largely due to poor decision making from their Champions league winning goalkeeper who undermined the team's performance. I think Bielsa would have us playing an exciting brand of football, using what tools are available to him. If Sarri is sacked or leaves of course.

Bielsa is the guy who taught Pep (and through Pep, Sarri) to only work with a small squad of 14 players.  Which is why you'll see his teams always run out of gas at the end of a season.  If you're frustrated with Sarri's (lack of) rotation/rigid substitutions, you'll not likely be happy with Bielsa as the coach.

22 minutes ago, JM7 said:

- Alfredo Pedulla

- @Sport_Mediaset

Lol one says he will not talk to other teams before our final, another says he is about to agree to join Milan.

Milan supposedly cannot afford Baka (when they wanted him) what chance do they have of being able to afford Jorginho? lol.

17 hours ago, bisright1 said:

You've nailed it, the majority on Twitter and this forum want him to stay, sadly many fans that pay their hard earned money going all over the country and watch this fraud want him gone. Demorilising summer if he's still here, pre season is not going to be inspiring if he's still in charge.

1 hour ago, chi blue said:

You've nailed it, the majority on Twitter and this forum want him to stay, sadly many fans that pay their hard earned money going all over the country and watch this fraud want him gone. Demorilising summer if he's still here, pre season is not going to be inspiring if he's still in charge.

Not quite sure what it is, but something is tellng me you are still not completely won over by Sarri @chi blue!!

1 hour ago, chi blue said:

If you think keeping him is demoralising, wait until we sack him and appoint Javi Gracia as his replacement. Fighting for top half of the table will be fun next year. Football looks a lot worse when your team only gets 50 points in a season.

Maybe I am in the minority of match going fans, but I haven't had a chance to survey all of them. 

Next season,

1. Transfer ban.

2. CHO long-term injury.

3. RLC long-term injury.

4. Hazard departure.

5. Apart from Pulisic, all strikers and wingers in the squad are over 31.

Ouch. Whether it is Sarri or someone else, the manager will certainly struggle under those circumstances! Top 4 next year would be a massive achievement alone. 

2 hours ago, chi blue said:

The same match going fans that wanted Mourinho out, Conte out etc. Ever thought that match going fans might be a bit fickle? If we aren't top of the league by Christmas they'll be booing then giving it the big one that their opinion means more because they're able to go to every home game. 

11 hours ago, Dixons said:

Despite that, the fans have shown no patience and given no love or support towards him. I bet he's feeling very lonely and not wanted, so who would blame him if he went back home.

This has to be a 2 way street IMO. We saw with Lamps the other night celebrating in front of the away fans, hugging all the players and generally being a leader of the celebrations. That kind of passion and encouragement gets the fans on side, and would make the players more likely want to run through walls for the team/ manager.

I am not for one minute saying that this attribute makes Lamps a better manager than Sarri, but how many times have we seen Sarri hug a player after a game, or even go over and clap the away fans?

Obviously there is a lot more to management than just showing a bit of passion, but it obviously helps.

When Conte first came we scored a last minute winner in his first game, and he dived into the crowd to celebrate. It's little things like that that help get the fans onside.

56 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

This has to be a 2 way street IMO. We saw with Lamps the other night celebrating in front of the away fans, hugging all the players and generally being a leader of the celebrations. That kind of passion and encouragement gets the fans on side, and would make the players more likely want to run through walls for the team/ manager.

I am not for one minute saying that this attribute makes Lamps a better manager than Sarri, but how many times have we seen Sarri hug a player after a game, or even go over and clap the away fans?

Obviously there is a lot more to management than just showing a bit of passion, but it obviously helps.

When Conte first came we scored a last minute winner in his first game, and he dived into the crowd to celebrate. It's little things like that that help get the fans onside.

Pretty Much sums up exactly how I feel.

As you say, no good having a passionate manager if he's f**king clueless. And not saying all managers have to be like that - some are real characters and some are very quiet BUT give me a Conte or Lamps any day of the week. You just know they get what it's all about and to see them celebrating the moment is something that goes a long way.

Edited by Nibs

Just now, Nibs said:

As you say, no good having a passionate manager if he's f**king clueless. And not saying all managers have to be like that - some are real characters and some are very quiet BUT give me a Conte or Lamps any day of the week. You just know they get what it's all about and to see them celebrating the moment is something that goes a long way.

Well our fans turned Conte into a miserable git, just took longer than it did with Sarri.

I don't actually blame Sarri for feeling no connection to the fans much when we turned on him pretty much immediately things weren't going well.