coco

Sarri - In or Out?

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

24 minutes ago, Stim said:

Well our fans turned Conte into a miserable git, just took longer than it did with Sarri.

Think that was more the boards doing. I went to Swansea away at the back end of last season and the cup final and the vast majority were still singing his name, despite the not so great season and also that we all thought he would be sacked. 

“Sarri wont talk to another team whilst he’s focused on the Europa League final. Maybe after the final he might”.
- Alfredo Pedulla
Maurizio Sarri is close to saying ‘yes’ to joining AC Milan.
- @Sport_Mediaset
Please say YES Maurizio

If you think keeping him is demoralising, wait until we sack him and appoint Javi Gracia as his replacement. Fighting for top half of the table will be fun next year. Football looks a lot worse when your team only gets 50 points in a season.
Maybe I am in the minority of match going fans, but I haven't had a chance to survey all of them. 
Stop mentioning the name Gracia. Even all the fans who want Sarri out knows he can never be replaced by Gracia. There is much more chance of Howe or Nuno coming here than Gracia.

5 minutes ago, wallosh said:
2 hours ago, bisright1 said:
If you think keeping him is demoralising, wait until we sack him and appoint Javi Gracia as his replacement. Fighting for top half of the table will be fun next year. Football looks a lot worse when your team only gets 50 points in a season.
Maybe I am in the minority of match going fans, but I haven't had a chance to survey all of them. 

Stop mentioning the name Gracia. Even all the fans who want Sarri out knows he can never be replaced by Gracia. There is much more chance of Howe or Nuno coming here than Gracia.

Nuno would be even worse.

If Sarri goes Lampard should be the replacement.

6 minutes ago, wallosh said:
2 hours ago, bisright1 said:

You say this like its a good thing???

If it was between the two, its Nuno for me. Am highly impressed with Lampard's achievement at Derby but he is still inexperienced for me.

1 hour ago, Stim said:

Well our fans turned Conte into a miserable git, just took longer than it did with Sarri.

I don't actually blame Sarri for feeling no connection to the fans much when we turned on him pretty much immediately things weren't going well.

Think it was the club / board that turned Conte into Mr Miserable.

But even if all the fans did warm to Sarri and were chanting his name - I just don't see him as a joyful / jump into the crowd type of person!

20 minutes ago, wallosh said:
28 minutes ago, Argo said:

If it was between the two, its Nuno for me. Am highly impressed with Lampard's achievement at Derby but he is still inexperienced for me.

While I rate the job Nuno has done at Wolves he plays the style of football we've invested time and money trying to move on from.

If Sarri goes we need someone with a possession/attacking based philosophy.

21 minutes ago, wallosh said:
29 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:
You say this like its a good thing???

The point is Gracia is never coming here, very simple!

But you'd rather Howe or Nuno over Sarri? No thank you.

25 minutes ago, Argo said:

While I rate the job Nuno has done at Wolves he plays the style of football we've invested time and money trying to move on from.

Can't see how Nuno would join us anyway. 

Lampard it might end up being, I'd just rather another season of Sarri, wear the ban for these two windows and then give it lampard. Unless of course Sarri does really well next year!

4 hours ago, Nibs said:

Not quite sure what it is, but something is tellng me you are still not completely won over by Sarri @chi blue!!

Ha ha what gave you that impression nibs, funny really I'm a placid old git normally and hate the thought of falling out with any fans on here and even the Sarri in supporters I admire their misplaced loyalty towards him. One of my sons Is a secret Sarri fan ( he's living in the garden shed until he comes round), the other son thinks he's a clown or just doesn't want to live in the shed as well!, but both are telling me to calm down when talking about him, I'm not sure what it is about him but I just don't rate him simple as, and want rid,  I hope the Sarri fans on here especially bisright1 etc, appreciate I'm never abusive towards them just don't agree with their point of view, anyway maybe I should just creep back to the vintage section and stay on there, turned 50 the other week so I suppose you could say grumpy old man, and if anyone thinks he wants rid of Sarri who does he want in well to make the summer more enjoyable and maybe look forward to the first game it's Super Frank! Carefree!!

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Allegri leaving Juve ?

Just seen that, I like him, but i cant gelp but think he would also struggle massively with this set of players. 

There isnt many big jobs available though this summer it seems. Maybe the bayern job if Kovac gets sacked. 

Mourinho, Sarri, or Conte to Juventus though?

Edited by big blue

Why should you move on from something that has brought you so much success?

Yes please. Both can give youth a chance. Both can motivate average players. And non of them stick to a certain formation.

6 minutes ago, wallosh said:
3 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Yes please. Both can give youth a chance. Both can motivate average players. And non of them stick to a certain formation.

3 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

8ah98qv7goy21.jpg

FYI

FYI
How many times do I have to stress that he was giving RLC and CHO chances simply to save his job.
The fans would have been totally against him and he simply would have been sacked after that 1:1 draw with Wolves or the 2:0 defeat to Everton if he didn't resort to playing CHO and RLC.
Sometimes I wonder if some of us really followed the team this season!

Hey there , guys  .

I know I may be introducing myself in wrong section here , however , I am a new guy in the forum . I have been reading comments here for quite a while now , just recently registered myself . I plan not put in a lot of comments in the threads here so as not to spread out my incompetence around here . 

Anyway , enough for my bio . I have been reading a lot of press statements that Sarri is gone , no matter the outcome in the EL final . The boss himself is supposedly pissed off at him for the lack of connection with the fans and will show him the door after the final . My point here is , given the fact that most of the top class managers have long term contracts with their teams , who should we go and replace Sarri with . I personally believe that neither Lamps , nor JT are ready to take this job , however , if the ban stays and Hazard leaves , maybe Lamps is the guy to take us through these times and work with our youngsters he has in hand . Any thoughts ? 

1 hour ago, wallosh said:
4 hours ago, Argo said:

Why should you move on from something that has brought you so much success?

Because the games moving on to a more high pressing/possession based game. 

if we don't evolve with the times we will get left behind.

28 minutes ago, wallosh said:

How many times do I have to stress that he was giving RLC and CHO chances simply to save his job.
The fans would have been totally against him and he simply would have been sacked after that 1:1 draw with Wolves or the 2:0 defeat to Everton if he didn't resort to playing CHO and RLC.
Sometimes I wonder if some of us really followed the team this season!

If he was doing things to "save his job" then Kante would have become a DM by now. The mental gymnastics being used to turn even his good things into bad is hilarious.

If he was doing things to "save his job" then Kante would have become a DM by now. The mental gymnastics being used to turn even his good things into bad is hilarious.
With Kante eventually adapting his game to that RM position, I don't see any fans in the stadium moaning about it.

Tancredi Palmieri has tweeted that there is now contact between Sarri and Juve.

Interesting in that Sarri at least challenged Juve for Serie A.  But can Sarri get Ronaldo and the rest of them to play Sarriball?

And if Sarri ends up going to Roma or Juve, or anywhere else, would he want to take Jorginho with him?