Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 22/06/2020 at 11:46, Jezz said:

Liverpool were in a slump before the season was called off indefinitely. Here are the last 7 matches they've played in all competitions.

• Atletico Madrid 1-0 Liverpool (CL - February 18) - Atletico score early, before a resolute defensive performance gives them an advantage. Liverpool had no shots on target.
  • Liverpool 3-2 West Ham United (PL - February 24) - Trailed 2-1 until Liverpool score two goals in the last 20 minutes to win the game.
  • Watford 3-0 Liverpool (PL - February 29) - Unbeaten PL run finally comes to an end.
  • Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool (FA Cup - March 3) - Chelsea were deserving winners on the night.
  • Liverpool 2-1 Bournemouth (PL - March 7) - Trailed early, before overcoming Bournemouth in a drab affair.
  • Liverpool 2-3 Atletico Madrid (AET) (CL - March 11) - Lose in extra time as Atletico score three goals in 25 minutes.
  • Everton 0-0 Liverpool (PL - June 21) - Lucky to hold on for a draw.

7 Games = 2 Wins, 1 Draw, 4 Losses

Yeah exactly they can't claim it was just the interruption to the season that affected their form, they were already struggling quite a lot beforehand.

They have had a lot of close wins too throughout the season so far, I just checked and I think they have only won six games this season by a margin of more than 2 goals - even with our hit and miss form this season, we have won 4 games this season by a margin of more than 2 goals. I know grinding out close wins is a sign of champions, but Liverpool just haven't been convincing or impressive in performances on a lot of occasions this season.

There should be a real opportunity to challenge next season, more likely to be a title race potentially involving a few teams, and we could well be included if we learn the right lessons from this season, fix some of our problem areas and prepare well.

On 21/06/2020 at 21:09, JM7 said:

What is everyone’s thoughts on the race for top 4? 

We look in a good position today but could all change by next week. Lose to City and a United win cuts it to 2 points. 

On 21/06/2020 at 21:39, Spiller86 said:

Win last night was critical. After City we have 5 winnable games and then Liverpool and Wolves to finish. 

Watching Leicester on the wkd I think there is every chance they slip out too. They've got United, Spurs, Arsenal and Everton as part of their run in. 

On 21/06/2020 at 22:32, Bobbywoodhogan said:

That’s my worry tbh although this was a good weekend for us. I think if we beat City though were looking really strong.

It's looking increasingly like being a 4-way fight for top 4, with us, United, Leicester and Wolves.

Leicester are really slumping and being pulled back into it a lot now, and they have tough fixtures. We have better form recently but still some tough fixtures too. Meanwhile both United and Wolves are chasing but have the more favourable fixtures generally.

Looking like gonna be close, but I think we have a good chance, fairly confident - a good result this week would enhance that even more.

I can't say I'm overly confident. Man Utd have an easier run than us on paper. We still have City, Leicester, West Ham, Liverpool and Wolves. Five games in which we could for sure drop points. West Ham are a tricky side for us being a derby.

City are looking very good since the return. Leicester could just as likely pull out a result against us. Watford are another tricky side. I don't know, we gonna need some lady luck on our side I think, especially after our last game. 

16 minutes ago, enigma said:

I can't say I'm overly confident. Man Utd have an easier run than us on paper. We still have City, Leicester, West Ham, Liverpool and Wolves. Five games in which we could for sure drop points. West Ham are a tricky side for us being a derby.

City are looking very good since the return. Leicester could just as likely pull out a result against us. Watford are another tricky side. I don't know, we gonna need some lady luck on our side I think, especially after our last game. 

The Leicester game is in the FA cup.

Edited by axman2526

When CHO got accused of rape every single newspaper outlet about had written an article online about it within minutes. 

Today Naby Keita from Liverpool has been accused of the same. Go online and google his name and this is what you’re greeted with. Not a single mention of the accusation. 834AE96F-42A7-4098-B60D-42BE4407FFA3.thumb.png.94971d1cc5e92ac82311d56ebc78ad8d.png

Taking the rivalry out of it, it must be so frustrating to be an Arsenal fan. Considering they were one of the top clubs, they have really fallen down. Once PEA leaves, they really will be a very average team. 

9 hours ago, Argo said:

received_212316813152743.thumb.jpeg.555929ff107bc7f90f674a926a3b13f3.jpeg

Has there ever been such a series of underwhelming developments come out of a club in one fled swoop? That is absolutely ridiculous even by their standards.

Thats is absolutely abysmal, thats up there with the season we signed Ben Haim and Sidwell, but at least they were squad players with better ahead of them, these will be the basis of their defence ha ha...

15 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

When CHO got accused of rape every single newspaper outlet about had written an article online about it within minutes. 

Today Naby Keita from Liverpool has been accused of the same. Go online and google his name and this is what you’re greeted with. Not a single mention of the accusation.

I understand the sentiment but to be fair CHO was actually arrested where as Keita is just some random tweeting about it. They had a bit more to go on with CHO. 

58 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I understand the sentiment but to be fair CHO was actually arrested where as Keita is just some random tweeting about it. They had a bit more to go on with CHO. 

It's the media, like they care about any of that. 

Bieber was also accused by nothing more than a twitter account and picked up by every publication. 

7 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

It's the media, like they care about any of that. 

Bieber was also accused by nothing more than a twitter account and picked up by every publication. 

You might want to pick up a new roll of tin foil fella!

FCFA229B-3514-42A0-8239-7C97E92AA61D.gif