CB dilemma.

coco

CB dilemma.  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which centre backs need replacing(get rid) next season ? Choose as many of the four as you like.

• Christensen 23yo Contract expires: 30.06.2022
    • Rudiger 26yo Contract expires: 30.06.2022
    • Tomori 22yo Contract expires: 30.06.2024
    • Zouma 25yo Contract expires: 30.06.2023
    • Keep them all.

Sell Christensen and maybe Zouma too. Christensen is both too physically weak and mentally weak to be playing for a top side. He also doesn't suit the Premier League at all for me. Zouma has only two decent qualities for me, pace and strength, his defensive abilities are actually very mediocre and he makes some laughable errors at times. I would only keep Zouma if we can't sign two CB's.

Tomori has time to grow and has shown that he has potential to be good. Rudiger, despite his drop in form, is still our best CB, so I would definitely keep him.

What we need is a dominant CB. Somebody strong, quick, tall, good positionally, wins headers, can pass the ball. It will be hard to find somebody like this, but it's the player we need. I just hope the club aren't looking at the likes of Nathan Ake as an upgrade.

Wanting to replace your CBs is one thing getting the world Class CB you think will be an upgrade is completely different and any if the top teams are interested we are second choice.

We don't run the show like we did when Roman just took over.

6 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Wanting to replace your CBs is one thing getting the world Class CB you think will be an upgrade is completely different and any if the top teams are interested we are second choice.

We don't run the show like we did when Roman just took over.

The other point that is typically overlooked is that we also have to find a buyer for players we want to ship out ... not always straightforward when they are on big wages ...

7 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Mancini/Romagnoli/Umtiti/Dias

Sorry to say no to all of those options.

All too lightweight. None really capable of lifting the players around them. 

I have been a fan of Romagnoli because he is left footed but watching him more this year he is a bit weak physically. Lukaku just dominated him in both derbies. 

We need to take a leaf out of Jose's book and purchase an older defender who can lead and organise the others. Boateng from Bayern is my candidate but there are no doubt others who fit the bill.

We also need John Terry to come back in the coaching setup. Watching him analyse Rudigers positioning against Man Utd on the TV was a work of art. 

Just now, Brutos said:

And all these are world class upgrades to what we have now or just another squad player?

Part from Tomori that is is young and has potential, those players are better than everyone that we currently have IMO, specially Mancini,Umtiti. 

Part from Tomori that is is young and has potential, those players are better than everyone that we currently have IMO, specially Mancini,Umtiti. 

Umtiti from what I seen of his is not a world class CB he's good but he wouldn't make the difference like VVD made for Liverpool unless we are getting a CB of that calibre what's the point all you would hear from this forum is we are buying stop gaps.

Mancini I haven't watch him much but if he's as good as VVD then I welcome him if not pointless as we would just be going in circles again

1 minute ago, Brutos said:

Umtiti from what I seen of his is not a world class CB he's good but he wouldn't make the difference like VVD made for Liverpool unless we are getting a CB of that calibre what's the point all you would hear from this forum is we are buying stop gaps.

Mancini I haven't watch him much but if he's as good as VVD then I welcome him if not pointless as we would just be going in circles again

I guess you're saying we should buy Van Dijk then...

20 hours ago, coco said:

Be interesting to see what everyone thinks about this.

Which centre backs need replacing(get rid) next season ? Choose as many of the four as you like.

Last season with virtually the same defence bar Luiz we kept 16 clean sheets in the league.  This season with the addition of Tomori, Zouma & Reece James we have 5 clean sheets in 27 games, which makes us joint 15th in the league.

Sorry but the issue isn’t a personnel one, the setup is all wrong.

Archived