How to resume the season?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

With the season just about to resume I find myself strangely out of touch with where we were. I just about remember the midfield conundrum of Kovacic and Kante but now we have Rubens back on the scene. Tammy was struggling towards the end so I assume he will also be raring to go.

How do we set up now and do we expect Frank to change things with a fully fit squad at his disposal?

More madness. Going to be a very busy June and July.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52815105

The FA Cup quarter-finals have been rescheduled for the weekend of 27-28 June with the final set to take place on Saturday, 1 August.

FA chief executive Mark Bullingham said the dates are "dependent on all safety measures being met" with venues and kick-off times yet to be confirmed.

The semi-finals have been rescheduled for 11-12 July.

On Thursday the Premier League said it is set to return on 17 June with the hope of playing all 92 remaining games.

Bullingham added: "The health and wellbeing of players, staff and supporters remains our priority.

"The competition has been an integral part of the English football calendar for nearly 150 years, and we would like to thank the Premier League executive and clubs for their support in scheduling the remaining matches during this unprecedented time."

The Emirates FA Cup quarter-finals draw took place on 9 March.

• Leicester City v Chelsea
  • Newcastle United v Manchester City
  • Sheffield United v Arsenal
  • Norwich City v Manchester United

Take it game by game but as far as Villa away (the first game) goes the exact same lineup that smashed Everton with the possible exception of one of Odoi or Pulisic for Willian or Pedro for the sake of experience/youth balance. Every player will be needed in this run in, hopefully Frank rotates better than he has so far (one of my very few serious gripes with him dus far).

Edited by Argo

When the season resumes I think we will be back to our best. Over the season fatigue has seemed to affect our performances. Lackingn ideas but mainly lacking energy. The rest will have done us good and should get us back to the high tempo of the early season, and hopefully some strong results to finish the season and secure 4th too!

On 29/05/2020 at 10:43, Andy North said:

With the season just about to resume I find myself strangely out of touch with where we were. I just about remember the midfield conundrum of Kovacic and Kante but now we have Rubens back on the scene. Tammy was struggling towards the end so I assume he will also be raring to go.

How do we set up now and do we expect Frank to change things with a fully fit squad at his disposal?

Don't forget Ziyech. He is eligible to play from 1st July unless I have got something incorrect somewhere. 

Kepa

James  Rudi   Zouma Azpi

Kante Kovacic

Ziyech  Loftus Cheek  Pulisic

Tammy

2 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Don't forget Ziyech. He is eligible to play from 1st July unless I have got something incorrect somewhere. 

Kepa

James  Rudi   Zouma Azpi

Kante Kovacic

Ziyech  Loftus Cheek  Pulisic

Tammy

Ziyech not available till next season/ close season 20/21

1 hour ago, evissy said:

I read his contract start 1st of July. In that case he would be able to play this season if there is no clause preventing it.

His contract isnt he problem, its the fact he cant be registered by the FA outside of the registration window.

1 hour ago, charierre said:

He's not named in premier League squad of 25 and signed outside of qualifying window. Google is your friend.

I have googled, I couldn't find anything on this particular case. 

Having looked into it more than this, the subject of "re-registering" hasn't been settled yet and is being voted on this week https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8378005/Plans-increase-subs-five-register-players-lead-dissent-Premier-League-ranks.html

As I've been kind to share my source, what do you have that shows the matter is settled?

Technically we could have been without both Willian and pedro whilst one of our other wide players on trial for rape. It's a unique situation and Ziyech being able to play from 1st July isn't a settled issue yet. 

Edited by bisright1

5 hours ago, bisright1 said:

I have googled, I couldn't find anything on this particular case. 

Having looked into it more than this, the subject of "re-registering" hasn't been settled yet and is being voted on this week https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8378005/Plans-increase-subs-five-register-players-lead-dissent-Premier-League-ranks.html

As I've been kind to share my source, what do you have that shows the matter is settled?

Technically we could have been without both Willian and pedro whilst one of our other wide players on trial for rape. It's a unique situation and Ziyech being able to play from 1st July isn't a settled issue yet. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/how-chelseas-hakim-ziyech-transfer-21997967&ved=2ahUKEwiY5431vubpAhXdQhUIHa_iBLYQFjAQegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw2GtF9t2YMM5D7ElJ1ojpi7&cshid=1591216470374

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1278993/Chelsea-news-Premier-League-rule-change-Hakim-Ziyech&ved=2ahUKEwiY5431vubpAhXdQhUIHa_iBLYQtwIwD3oECAMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0k-N7Xo__7jOKEZeze91UL&cshid=1591216582513

I don't know where else to put this but if Liverpool only win one of their first two games after the restart and City win both of theirs, we would hand Liverpool the title if we beat City.

Edited by Argo

14 minutes ago, Argo said:

I don't know where else to put this but if Liverpool only win one of their first two games after the restart and City win both of theirs, we would hand Liverpool the title if we beat City.

They’re going to win the league one way or other, even if it means us beating City to hand them the title, I’d still take the victory as I want us to secure top 4.

25 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

They’re going to win the league one way or other, even if it means us beating City to hand them the title, I’d still take the victory as I want us to secure top 4.

Could work actually thinking about it properly, our response to Liverpool fans gloating could be "you needed our help to stop you from bottling it again".

45 minutes ago, Argo said:

giphy.gif

It feels like somebody has upturned the Monopoly board half way through a game, and then restarted the game with all the money missing, along with six hotels, 15 homes, the boot and most of the 'get out of jail' cards.