Welcome To Chelsea Thiago Silva *Official*

Argo
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

4 minutes ago, Chris Gundleton said:

Plus our play is so much faster.....

Yeah... that's been ONE of my moans about him... he breaks up our play all the time... we lose our speed and momentum.

Oppositions must love him - they don't need to do anything - just wait for someone to give it to Silva... then they've got time to regroup and get 11 players behind the ball to defend again!

9 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

What do we do now?

Before tonight, he was easily first name on the team sheet for me. After seeing Badiashille and Disasi do well, it made me think twice.

But I still feel reluctant about dropping him, Pochettino have a difficult decision to make.

I'll be honest, still thought Badiashile is shaky.

39 minutes ago, goose said:

Disasi and Badiashile could do with half a dozen games together in a row to try and form a partnership and hopefully this would cut out some of the mistakes  and panic.

Colwill has to start LCB for me, highest ceiling and future of the club.

I am not sure why this game means the end of Thiago Silva tbh Unless you honestly think that Badiashile is the best CB ever.

I mean we beat Aston Villa because our midfield finally got their sh1t together and NOT because Thiago Silva was absent.   Silva was not stopping the midfield in any way. . . .Gallagher finally scored a freaking goal. Enzo finally played like a grown up.  To Conflate this with Silva is a bit odd to me.

I know everybody is so eager for change. I get that. But Silva is here until the end of the season - and if we had any brains we'd make him a coach. I think we should stop looking for individuals to blame and start to put the blame on the acquisition structure of Clearlake in signing only kids as 'investments'.  This has been our real struggle this season and NOT Mauricio or Thiago.

39 minutes ago, TheCeleryKing said:

I am not sure why this game means the end of Thiago Silva tbh Unless you honestly think that Badiashile is the best CB ever.

Can't play a high line with two attacking fullbacks and a 40 year old CB being asked to cover that much ground. It's asking too much of Silva. 

This is fundamentally the way we want to play. 

7 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Can't play a high line with two attacking fullbacks and a 40 year old CB being asked to cover that much ground. It's asking too much of Silva. 

This is fundamentally the way we want to play. 

Liverpool played a high line for years with Matip at the back and he's moving through treacle when he runs. Disasi isn't exactly quick either.

1 minute ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Liverpool played a high line for years with Matip at the back and he's moving through treacle when he runs. Disasi isn't exactly quick either.

I think there are substantial physical differences comparing a 27-29 year old in their physical peak vs a man nearing 40.

Liverpool relied heavily on their offsides trap under Klopp with Matip+VVD. This was well coached and often f**king annoying given the lengths VAR would go through just to call an attacker offsides for them. VVD + Gomez before his injury was a backline full of recovery pace. 

4 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Colwill has to start LCB for me, highest ceiling and future of the club.

Probably right but I wouldn’t write off Badiashile just yet. I thought he looked decent at the start of the season but like many has never managed a decent run of games. 
Colewill has had some very suspect moments this year as well, granted mostly at LB but has shown sometimes to be unaware of what’s happening around him. 
Both young so much to look forward to.

1 hour ago, TheCeleryKing said:

I mean we beat Aston Villa because our midfield finally got their sh1t together and NOT because Thiago Silva was absent.   Silva was not stopping the midfield in any way. . . .Gallagher finally scored a freaking goal. Enzo finally played like a grown up.  To Conflate this with Silva is a bit odd to me.

I know everybody is so eager for change. I get that. But Silva is here until the end of the season - and if we had any brains we'd make him a coach. I think we should stop looking for individuals to blame and start to put the blame on the acquisition structure of Clearlake in signing only kids as 'investments'.  This has been our real struggle this season and NOT Mauricio or Thiago.

I don't have any issues at all with Thiago the defender but I do with Thiago the slow passer.  One of the reasons we beat Villa was because we moved the ball quickly, this simply doesn't happen with Thiago playing.  It is for that reason, and that reason alone, that I would leave Thiago out of the starting 11.

46 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

The more I watch of the more I am interested in seeing Todibo being the one to replace Silva. 

Think the ideal is Colwill/Badiashile and Fofana/Disasi. However as Fofana is never flippin able to play you may well be right.

18 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

I think there are substantial physical differences comparing a 27-29 year old in their physical peak vs a man nearing 40.

Liverpool relied heavily on their offsides trap under Klopp with Matip+VVD. This was well coached and often f**king annoying given the lengths VAR would go through just to call an attacker offsides for them. VVD + Gomez before his injury was a backline full of recovery pace. 

So what you're saying is if the coach was competent he'd have us playing an offside trap to accommodate the best defender at the club?

Regardless of if people think Silva is somehow to blame for our defensive issues or not, if he isn't going to be here next year then we need to begin the transition of forming a new central partnership. We don't have much to play for this year, so its pointless running him into the ground when we could potentially get a headstart on next year by establishing some understanding between defenders without Silva there. 

It will also give him a great chance to prove a lot of people wrong regarding his supposed bad attitude, by stepping back and leading from the sidelines and filling in much like he did against Villa.

3 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Agenda much ?

Bore off.

You're as bad as Whats_the_mata, constantly bringing up Broja, jumping to Poch's defence at absolutely every post. 

There is no agenda. I don't want Poch sacked. I want him here next season.

He's got a lot wrong this season for the majority of the season. Two things can be true, not everything is an agenda because i'm not waxing lyrical about the manager. Christ almighty, grow up. 

4 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Bore off.

You're as bad as Whats_the_mata, constantly bringing up Broja, jumping to Poch's defence at absolutely every post. 

There is no agenda. I don't want Poch sacked. I want him here next season.

He's got a lot wrong this season for the majority of the season. Two things can be true, not everything is an agenda because i'm not waxing lyrical about the manager. Christ almighty, grow up. 

I find your constant "everything is the manager's fault" across multiple threads very tiresome, so I guess as this is your infantile response I'll just add you to the block list. 

On 09/02/2024 at 17:15, Sexyfootball said:

I find your constant "everything is the manager's fault" across multiple threads very tiresome, so I guess as this is your infantile response I'll just add you to the block list. 

Yes because ‘agenda much’ is such a well thought out grown up response 👍

keep going, I’m sure Poch will notice you one day.