Welcome To Chelsea Thiago Silva *Official*

Argo

38 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Yes, letting Silva go so the others can grow really is a great move 😐

They can't even perform for one game without him in the side.

The same Silva that played the full 90 when we shipped four against City, Newcastle, Liverpool and Wolves?

The big miss has actually been Colwill, we average just over one goal a game when he plays and over three a game when he doesn't.

4 minutes ago, Argo said:

The same Silva that played the full 90 when we shipped four against City, Newcastle, Liverpool and Wolves?

The big miss has actually been Colwill, we average just over one goal a game when he plays and over three a game when he doesn't.

Personally I'd keep Silva to play with Colwill !

I've read that Pochettino wants to keep him as well ... so maybe tonight's team selection was partially about that ?

2 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Personally I'd keep Silva to play with Colwill !

I've read that Pochettino wants to keep him as well ... so maybe tonight's team selection was partially about that ?

I know it's beyond wishful thinking the latter will be fit long enough for this to bear fruit but Levi and Fofana together would be a gamechanger, so annoying.

Just now, Argo said:

I know it's beyond wishful thinking the latter will be fit long enough for this to bear fruit but Levi and Fofana together would be a gamechanger, so annoying.

Yes agreed. 

We got taken apart tonight, but none of the back 5 (GK + defenders) start if everyone is fit.

Why would people believe Fofana would be capable of replacing Silva when ( if ) he comes back? He was no elite when we signed up. He basically missed 2 seasons, takes loads of work if not miracle for players to come back to the pre-injury level after a year ( let alone 2) off. Look forward to have him back, but who knows how much he declined after that many injuries.

1 minute ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Why would people believe Fofana would be capable of replacing Silva when ( if ) he comes back? He was no elite when we signed up. He basically missed 2 seasons, takes loads of work if not miracle for players to come back to the pre-injury level after a year ( let alone 2) off. Look forward to have him back, but who knows how much he declined after that many injuries.

That's all probably fair, but we need some hope LOL !

Just now, icecoolguy22 said:

He wasn't even very good when he did play for us. He will just get injured again anyway. He has an awkward tackling style where he is constantly fully extending his legs. The pressure he puts on his muscles is intense with every tackle.

3 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Imagine giving the captaincy to injury prone James and Chilwell ahead of Thiago f*cking Silva.

Poch never truly appreciated him. Him and John Terry, the two greatest centre backs to put on the shirt.

I really hope he comes back one day.

Poch`s treatment of him is similar to the fat spanish waiters of Terry, both clueless idiots unable to make use of world class players. 

Sad day, but he leaves with plenty of great memories.

One of my favourite Chelsea players and it's only a shame he didn't join us earlier in his career. I've always imagined how formidable our defence would have been with him paired with JT.

GettyImages-1333647439.jpg?strip=all&w=6

f0d79-16447539136073-1920.jpg

Edited by Jezz