Welcome To Chelsea Thiago Silva *Official*

Argo
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

5 minutes ago, abister1 said:

😂. I can't believe what I just read. Aimed at her husband??

For f**k sake, she has access to his bed and balls. Have you ever had a girlfriend or wife that wants to have her way? Lol

Was just a thought on you don’t always jump to the wrong conclusions without the facts, so unless you know her personally can still be the case. As the younger generation love to say things on social media as they haven’t got the balls as you say to say things to their face.

1 minute ago, JJ8 said:

I don't understand people who stick with a player who will be 40 in 4 months.

Because right now this team needs a leader, there isn't any off the pitch it seems, Silva is the only player in the squad who is (or rather was) world class, with those 40 years and trophies won comes slow legs yes, but more importantly is his EXPERIENCE that's priceless (for everything else there's Clearfake's Mastercard)

7 minutes ago, JJ8 said:

I don't understand people who stick with a player who will be 40 in 6 months.

Age is only a number he’s probably fitter than most of the kids. If he takes care of himself he can continue to play.

His game was never based on pace, it was his brain which let’s face it at this point is what we need.

15 minutes ago, General said:

Because right now this team needs a leader, there isn't any off the pitch it seems, Silva is the only player in the squad who is (or rather was) world class, with those 40 years and trophies won comes slow legs yes, but more importantly is his EXPERIENCE that's priceless (for everything else there's Clearfake's Mastercard)

10 minutes ago, El regreso said:

Age is only a number he’s probably fitter than most of the kids. If he takes care of himself he can continue to play.

His game was never based on pace, it was his brain which let’s face it at this point is what we need.

Ooo yeah. Silva can stop De Bryune, Haaland, Bradley, Kimmich, Oscar Bobb ........

Guys, grow up lease

Edited by JJ8

28 minutes ago, El regreso said:

Age is only a number is a phrase that can be used when he's 35/36 but when he's almost 40 it's a big ask to keep playing at premier league level, especially in a team that wants to play a high line.

16 hours ago, olderschoolcfc said:

Let's put this notion to bed. 

YOU CANT BE OUR BEST DEFENDER IF YOU CAN ONLY PLAY IN ONE POSITION OR FORMATION. That means it limits how we can play as a team and that you are slowing the team down. Couple that with regular media outbursts and I simply want the club to terminate his contract and we can all wish him well. 

Respectfully disagree - those two things are not mutually exclusive.  And it probably says more about the state of our other CBs that our best CB is a 39 yr old that does struggle in a back four.

I do think it is time to move on though, and am concerned reliance on Silva is hampering the development and playing time of younger CBs that should be getting league and partnership experience.

9 hours ago, JJ8 said:

Ooo yeah. Silva can stop De Bryune, Haaland, Bradley, Kimmich, Oscar Bobb ........

Guys, grow up lease

What and you seriously think Disasi and Colwill have got a cat in hells chance. Both of these are fine with the ball but cant defend for toffee without it. Headless chickens comes to mind. Both need onfield and off field guidance at this stage of their careers and its currently looking like the coaching being provided isn't worth sh*t.

If the structure,  organisation and coaching of the defense as a whole improves drastically then I agree that it is time to move on, but where we are today I am not seeing that.

Edited by WhiteWall

13 hours ago, Richard P said:

Was just a thought on you don’t always jump to the wrong conclusions without the facts, so unless you know her personally can still be the case. As the younger generation love to say things on social media as they haven’t got the balls as you say to say things to their face.

I don't need to know Bella personally to know that she's an outgoing, vocal and strong personality type. 

You can tell by seeing how she has carried herself since day 1 they got to England.

She is obviously the one holding it down in that household and the day she tells Silva to stop playing, is the day he stops. It's Bella's world and he lives in it .

You can like silva or dislike him. It doesn't matter. As ccb he is still very good, you can have a good argument that he is still our best ccb. 

However if you want poch to play a faster tempo and stop this tippy tappy ball, you can't say silva should be in the team. 

If you want poch to play two natural fb which is what majority people here want and then silva simply can't be in the team. 

Edited by Bob stark

Are we really performing well defensively with Silva in the side?

We have the 13th best defence.

Everton who are in the bottom 3 have the 5th best defence but cannot score goals. 

Only six teams have conceded more goals than Chelsea. (granted the last two games have distorted the picture but we have conceded 39 goals from 23 games. Not great. 

19 minutes ago, olderschoolcfc said:

Are we really performing well defensively with Silva in the side?

We have the 13th best defence.

Everton who are in the bottom 3 have the 5th best defence but cannot score goals. 

Only six teams have conceded more goals than Chelsea. (granted the last two games have distorted the picture but we have conceded 39 goals from 23 games. Not great. 

No, but who out of every other CB is performing better than him? Disasi, no. Colwill, no. Badiashile, no. Even with Silva's mistakes of late, he's still performed better than them in almost every single game this season. You really want to go into games with Disasi and Badiashile as our CBs going forward? 

21 hours ago, olderschoolcfc said:

whatever, disrespectful to turn and have your family turn on your employers, not once but twice inside of six months? Bet you wanted to see the back of Tammy after his misses spoke up. What's the difference? 

Doing what's in the clubs best interest. 

No different from when Terry and Lamps used to get managers sacked. Saw the back of AVB and Rafa thanks to them. 

2 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Doing what's in the clubs best interest. 

No different from when Terry and Lamps used to get managers sacked. Saw the back of AVB and Rafa thanks to them. 

I thought the club was trying to, rightly, move away from players having too much power. I thought fans wanted to see the back of it too since those heady days. I really hoped we'd see the last of it tbh. 

Plus, if you hadn't noticed, we're not the same club anymore and we've not challenged for the league title since since Conte... so how is this relevant to today's side? 

Im sure Terry and Lampard would deny they got players sacked. 

4 minutes ago, olderschoolcfc said:

I thought the club was trying to, rightly, move away from players having too much power. I thought fans wanted to see the back of it too since those heady days. I really hoped we'd see the last of it tbh. 

Plus, if you hadn't noticed, we're not the same club anymore and we've not challenged for the league title since since Conte... so how is this relevant to today's side? 

Im sure Terry and Lampard would deny they got players sacked. 

Think it was Terry that openly spoke about how they did it on the Mikel podcast.

I'm more than happy with player power if the players are good enough. T.Silva has won everything and played at the very highest of levels under the very highest of managers. If he's noticing problems, i'll take his word for it. Had a young, underperforming player done the same i'd raise more of an eyebrow. All that was said is what the vast majority of fans are thinking.

35 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

No, but who out of every other CB is performing better than him? Disasi, no. Colwill, no. Badiashile, no. Even with Silva's mistakes of late, he's still performed better than them in almost every single game this season. You really want to go into games with Disasi and Badiashile as our CBs going forward? 

We won't know who can step up, or if they can, until we see ten games with a new centre back pairing. Rather that happen this season than the start of next. League position right now is absolutely irrelevant to the rebuild as it was for Arsenal under Arteta for two seasons. 

1 minute ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Think it was Terry that openly spoke about how they did it on the Mikel podcast.

I'm more than happy with player power if the players are good enough. T.Silva has won everything and played at the very highest of levels under the very highest of managers. If he's noticing problems, i'll take his word for it. Had a young, underperforming player done the same i'd raise more of an eyebrow. All that was said is what the vast majority of fans are thinking.

Fair enough, but what good does silva going public do? How does it help? We change managers and then what? what happens when the same group of players dont perform for the 5th manager in two seasons, what happens then? we keep the same players and keep changing managers? What part of the merrygoround do you currently find acceptable? 

You are totally ignoring the fact that we dont have players like Terry at the club anymore, we are no longer owned by roman, we have new ownership who have spent more than a billion on players, will do it there way and that players are not in power or control. They play for the club and dont own or run it.  Can many of those players hand on heart say they've given all like Lamps or Terry in our past? 

What do we do now?

Before tonight, he was easily first name on the team sheet for me. After seeing Badiashille and Disasi do well, it made me think twice.

But I still feel reluctant about dropping him, Pochettino have a difficult decision to make.