Welcome To Chelsea Thiago Silva *Official*

Those free deals aren't really free, if you factor in a sign-in bonus and agents' fees on top of what I'm sure would be pretty high wage packet. His age is also a concern.

Still, given his ability and experience, I'd be tempted to offer him a 1+1 deal with the second season being the team option. Wouldn't be my first choice, but as far as short term solutions go, he's probably the most fancy one on the market.

Would absolutely be a great signing. A proven world class CB who can play surely two more seasons at the highest level. Experience and leadership is what we need in defense, also I believe his sole presence in the dressing room is something our youngsters can benefit from.

The only thing that might be concerning is his injury history in recent years. In fact, he is becoming more injury prone and we all know what intensity and fitness does Premier League require. If he can escape injuries he could make a significant impact.

Edited by wizardous
19 minutes ago, wizardous said:

Would absolutely be a great signing. A proven world class CB who can play surely two more seasons at the highest level. Experience and leadership is what we need in defense, also I believe his sole presence in the dressing room is something our youngsters can benefit from.

The only thing that might be concerning is his injury history in recent years. In fact, he is becoming more injury prone and we all know what intensity and fitness does Premier League require. If he can escape injuries he could make a significant impact.

36, injury prone, in the PL for the first time...I'm an optimist too.

Edited by Gol15

16 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

36, injury prone, in the PL for the first time...I'm an optimist too.

But you can't deny that even at 36 he is one of the best CBs in the world and would be a big upgrade in our defense, right?

I mean it is a bit of a gamble but wouldn't you rather sign him on a FREE transfer than splash £40m for Dunk who is, with all due respect, not at the same level as Silva.

Edited by wizardous
2 minutes ago, wizardous said:

But you can't deny that even at 36 he is one of the best CBs in the world and would be a big upgrade in our defense, right?

If I were to be honest I didn't pay much attention to him in the last couple of seasons, if he's still healthy he's an upgrade but if he gets injured and misses half of the season his help will be minimal.

He plays in a weaker league most of the time, I'll watch him in the CL final more closely, I know that he was a top player some years ago and maybe the most important player for the Brazilian national team, when he got too many yellow cards and was suspended that's when Brazil lost 7:2 so I know that when he was a bit younger he was one of the best.