Chelsea v Sheff Utd (FA) Sun 21st Mar 2021 13:30 GMT

coco

On another note the Blades are a right mess at the moment. Not just with where they are in the league. Despite all those losses, missing all 3 of their best centerbacks and signing a keeper who is not fit to strap up Hendersons gloves the only side to beat them by 3 clear goals was us. Then the very next game after Wilder leaves what happens? They look awful and lose by 5 at Leicester. 

Anything can happen in football but given how focused Tuchel has us at the mo he and whoever is picked will have to make a real pigs ear out of this for us not to go through. Bradford levels of bad.

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Kepa still the cup keeper?

Think we might see:

Kepa

Zouma

Christensen

Rudiger

CHO

Kovacic

Jorginho 

Emerson

Mount

Havertz

Pulisic 

Yep, think we will see Kepa. I rather go with Chilwell over Emerson (who can can come in around the 89min..) and Giroud/Tammy over Havertz. Maybe Gilmore gets some minutes in MF?

I don’t see havertz or Kante playing. Chiller and Zouma yes, Reece probably, cho and puller likely mount Jorgy maybe this is a game for Giroud. I wouldn’t even be totally surprised to see billy get some minutes. 

Edited by ozboy

Maybe a time to try a different formation but I'd expect Tuchel will continue with back 3.

Sheffield got nothing to lose this season, they're almost relegated so they will try to surprise in the cup.

I'd like to see this starting lineup:

--------------- Kepa -------------

-- Zouma -- Christensen - Chilwell -

CHO --- Jorginho -- Gilmour -- Emerson

--------- Mount ------- Pulisic -----------

--------------- Giroud ----------------

I won't ask for a brilliant football, I just want to see the same discipline and same positive form.

COME ON CHELS!!! 

Normally im nervous everytime we get on the pitch....This is no disrespect to sufc, who will give us a tough game, but i believe this match is in the bag...Id suggest 4 1.....2 1 up at half time.....if giroud plays he will score twice.....

Dang stupid early kick offs - lets keep the unbeaten streak alive! 

Mendy | Azpi Christensen (if healthy, Zouma if not) Rudiger | CHO Kante Kovacic Chilwell | Mount Kai Werner

Not sure how serious Christensen's injury is, but all of the sudden I feel like we are pretty strong w/CBs. Silva is what he is, but I've been really impressed with Rudiger and AC under Tuchel. I think if everyone is healthy my 3 CBs would be AC Silva Zouma, but given their form I'm fine with any pairing of those 5.

Sheffield United will see this as a welcome distraction from what looks like a doomed relegation battle and I expect them to provide a tough game.

I would still rest some of the key players from Wednesday's game if possible. If Silva is fit then he should definitely start. Christensen too if he is well again. I would also give Gilmour a game and Kovacic a rest.

I think Azpi is due a rest . He has been playing at a high level and we know he is as fit as a horse but may be that mistake against athletico is a sign of fatigue. 

I saw the same thing with Christensen against Leeds with unforced errors and of course his body forced him to take a rest with his illness. Will go for this team

Kepa

Zouma  Christensen Rudiger

CHO.   Jorginho.  Kovacic.      Chilwell

Ziyech.    Giroud.      Mount

I'm not sure I want to see Kepa against a team that is going to bombard us with crosses to the box. I know Tuchel will play him, almost for sure, but I don't think that is very sensible given their tactics.

The rest of the team, I really don't know or care, so far Tuchel is choosing well in general.

Looks like no Silva till after the international break and Tammy may have had a setback on his ankle training today...no news about Christensen but hopefully he's illness is over so he can return on Sunday...Tuchel hinted that Giroud will start in Sunday...so hopefully we'll see CHO on one side and Pulisic on the other sending in the crosses for him...

---------------- Kepa -------------

------------------Giroud ----------------

like others I'd rest Kante, Dave and Kova. Good chance to see Gilmour get some pitch time.

1 hour ago, just said:

---------------- Kepa -------------

------------------Giroud ----------------

like others I'd rest Kante, Dave and Kova. Good chance to see Gilmour get some pitch time.

I’d like to see Gilmour start too and think there’s a decent chance he will based on: he’s often in the squad, Tuchel’s v positive comments and, as you say, the need to rest players (even if we’re not playing for 13 days, some of the players will presumably be on international duty so the rationale to rest them still applies)