Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

If there's any truth in the fact Roman is against this, then I most disappointed he didn't stand up and back the German and French clubs stance instead of rolling over and agreeing.  The Man City owner apparently felt the same way.   Without us, Man City, Bayern and PSG the Real, Barca, Utd, Liverpool, Juve and some other sh*te league would be less appealing straight away.  I'm guessing the "Football is nothing without fans" mantra blazoned across the whole of this pandemic is a load of bollocks.  So how long before we change our name to the London Lions?

The thing that the Big 12 owners seem to have taken for granted is that they will actually get any benefit of this new cash windfall over and above anything they already have today. I am quite certain that the selling clubs, the players and most of all their agents are all licking their lips right now .... e.g. Haaland probably now wants £2M a week to join Real LOL, and there will be £50M fees each for Raiola and Haaland Sr 🙂

1 hour ago, Deino said:

It's about maintaining the status quo. Serie A clubs are poor nowadays, Real and Barca are in massive debt due to galactico spending and covid. Even Arsenal and Tottenham are becoming footnote midtable teams.

The owners decided to stop the club from haemorrhaging money so they can get an even bigger cut of the money.

The ESL may start out as being a concurrent league but if no checks and balances occur, they will then probably plot a World Super League to include even more bigger names and ditch the PL altogether. It might not be immediate but if the ESL is successfully executed, in 5-10yrs it will be.

So the big question is why must Arsenal, Spurs, Real and Barca keep their position at the top of the food chain artificially now that they are in some trouble?

Isn't the whole point of the game to step away when you can't win or can't keep up?

We have been keeping up despite everything in the world and despite the transfer ban so we definitely don't need a huge reform in order to stay close to the top and to compete.

This makes is so unfair towards everyone else, usually when a team falls down another one can take the advantage and get up, after all this is how Spurs managed to get into the top 4 for some time after Man United failed to replace their former generation and Leicester did the same by their own merit while Arsenal fell off after being at the top 4 for a long time so there was a natural order of things but apparently now they think they are simply too big to fail just like Real Madrid has always thought.

6 minutes ago, DarkMata said:

If there's any truth in the fact Roman is against this, then I most disappointed he didn't stand up and back the German and French clubs stance instead of rolling over and agreeing.  The Man City owner apparently felt the same way.   Without us, Man City, Bayern and PSG the Real, Barca, Utd, Liverpool, Juve and some other sh*te league would be less appealing straight away.  I'm guessing the "Football is nothing without fans" mantra blazoned across the whole of this pandemic is a load of bollocks.  So how long before we change our name to the London Lions?

100% agree. This was our chance to really cement ourselves as the top club in the league. let those other charlatans leave. the only clubs this really hurts anyway is us City and Utd. the Italian and Spanish clubs couldnt compete with the Premier League in terms of money, so for them this european super club was the best thing going. and the fact we had a monetary advantage over most clubs thanks to Abramovic, will now be wiped out. 

3 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Yes my apologies.

We all know uefa is corrupt but bases on that report 3.25 b is the revenue of lasr year 

2.55 goes to ucl and europa league 

200 ish go to uefa

200 ish for cost. 

You can debate whether this is too expensive, but in reality what the big club want is bigger and guaranteed slice of the pie. 

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

So the big question is why must Arsenal, Spurs, Real and Barca keep their position at the top of the food chain artificially now that they are in some trouble?

Isn't the whole point of the game to step away when you can't win or can't keep up?

We have been keeping up despite everything in the world and despite the transfer ban so we definitely don't need a huge reform in order to stay close to the top and to compete.

This makes is so unfair towards everyone else, usually when a team falls down another one can take the advantage and get up, after all this is how Spurs managed to get into the top 4 for some time after Man United failed to replace their former generation and Leicester did the same by their own merit while Arsenal fell off after being at the top 4 for a long time so there was a natural order of things but apparently now they think they are simply too big to fail just like Real Madrid has always thought.

Yup the idea for super league mean this 12 team will always and forever be top team no matter what they do. They can make bad transfer, dumb contract doesn't matter. They are still in super league nexr season 

The current developments remind me of what happened in professional darts in the late 90's. You basically ended up with 2 parallel tournaments each claiming to be World championships. The players from each organization were banned from competing against each other. UEFA can definitely isolate any players involved here so it would be a clear money choice. Take the big wages and no longer participate in the Euros (they say World Cup too but that will be up to FIFA), or stay with the FA leagues and probably get less money.

49 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Well that's just simply not true is it?

This isn't just a simple replacement of the Champions League, this has an effect on the whole game. 

Well you're right not entirely simple as I'm saying it to be but the whole game has already been affected by the CL. FA Cup and League Cup have been basically ruined as a spectacle as qualification takes priority.

Uefa have announced plans for a 10 game league format too. They're all in it for the money.

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

Roman should have stuck to his guns, we will be the first screwed over in this arrangement. Smallest stadium and all.

Totally agree. The fans would have backed him over this too. 

One thing I am curious about. I know UEFA have made claims that a large chunk of their money flows down to grass roots. I am not going to analzye that for accuracy and I certainly am no fan of UEFA. But does anybody know what the plans are for this new ESL to share any of the massive wealth they are about to receive? Or are they not even going to pretend that care about the rest of football?

30 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Yup the idea for super league mean this 12 team will always and forever be top team no matter what they do. They can make bad transfer, dumb contract doesn't matter. They are still in super league nexr season 

It's so crazy, some next level post-modernism thing... Ruins the game, I wish Roman was like Bayern and told the club to stay put because of the love for the game and for the best league, the Premier League, very sad day as a fan.

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

It's time for the clubs to embrace the nicknames their rivals have given them.

Chelski / Chavs

Oil FC / Manchester sh*tty

Bin Dippers

DVD FC / Spursy / Bottlejob FC / Irrelevant FC

Banter FC

Varchester United

scum city

scum pool

scum arse

scum United

LOL spurs