Euro 2020 (played in 2021)

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

33 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

In all honesty I don't think you need to make the argument of "they do it too and so can we"...

It’s more pointing out using the ‘hE cHeAtEd BaN eNgLaNd!!!1!!!1!!1!1!!!’ hypocrisy as an excuse to spread hatred of an entire nation when every other c**t is doing exactly the same thing. English people who are responding in the same manner to their idiotic peers from around the world are just as in the wrong.   

Just be honest about the hatred being based on an uneducated stereotype? To put it in terms you’ll relate to; It’s like hating Jorginho (aka you) for ‘always passing sideways’ (an untrue stereotype) so much that you decided to insult his entire family. A little bit silly, no?

Although I had a lovely chat with a French bloke about WWII and certain things are viewed from the French prospective thanks to some moron bringing that up on another site so it’s not all been bad :laugh2:

35 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

It’s more pointing out using the ‘hE cHeAtEd BaN eNgLaNd!!!1!!!1!!1!1!!!’ hypocrisy as an excuse to spread hatred of an entire nation when every other c**t is doing exactly the same thing. English people who are responding in the same manner to their idiotic peers from around the world are just as in the wrong.   

Just be honest about the hatred being based on an uneducated stereotype? To put it in terms you’ll relate to; It’s like hating Jorginho (aka you) for ‘always passing sideways’ (an untrue stereotype) so much that you decided to insult his entire family. A little bit silly, no?

Although I had a lovely chat with a French bloke about WWII and certain things are viewed from the French prospective thanks to some moron bringing that up on another site so it’s not all been bad :laugh2:

Whoever says "baN EnGLanD" is simply full of it, I don't even give 2 seconds for those kinds of opinions or views... The haters and trolls won't be cured of their state even if England wins 5:0 in the final.

But I'm going to take this opportunity to address another stupid take that I have been reading online in the recent days, I'm much more annoyed at some specific so called "arguments" that are basically just stupid.

I read some complaining about how England played at home all but 1 match so it's very unfair and bla bla... No, it's not unfair. People that complain about x team travelling more than y team and all that trash are just searching for excuses to rationalize their hate towards England, here is my counter-argument:

- England had their best result during this Euro while playing in Rome (4:0 win vs Ukraine).
- Euro 2012 was held in Poland and Ukraine and many teams went around from playing in north Poland to west Poland and then to East Ukraine or Kiev and nobody cared about it, there will be a World Cup in Canada, US and Mexico after Qatar and nobody cares that teams will need to travel around.
- Italy secured their win against Austria and their spot in the final at Wembley so it's not like they are suffering while being on first class flights a little bit.
- Most of the time the host doesn't win, only 6 times did the host of the World Cup won it which is less than 30% and if we look at the Euros it's even worse, no host has won the Euro after the expansion to 16 teams and the last Euro had the 24 team format where France was the host and they didn't win but they won the World Cup right after with ease. Since I consider you a friend around here, here is a graph, I only give those to special people nowadays:

European-Championip-2016-Elimination-Cha

TLDR: Whoever tells you that it's unfair because England got to play mostly at home, he/she doesn't know jack sh*t about what he/she is talking about.

I'm out...

Like A Boss Cat GIF

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Bunch of hypocrites, also hilarious seeing Italians complain about diving after that cretin lying on the floor suddenly came back to life after they scored.

Yes, and he got a yellow for it, not a pen. That's why most pundits and experts in Denmark blame the ref, not Sterling. I do hope that young Damsgaard has learned from that, though, even if it may be wishful thinking as he does play in Italy.

In Denmark, the widespread narrative is that England were the best team and deserved the victory. Next, that Denmark as many feared got tired because of the exhausting match in Baku's heat and had to sub our best attacking players early. Unluckily, Jensen got injured in ET, so England played 11 vs 10 for 20 minutes or so - it doesnt seem like anyone outside Denmark noticed though. And lastly, that some unfortunate things happened on and outside the pitch - the booing of the Danish anthem, the refs decision to give a pen and not to stop the play even though another ball was nearby, the laser on Schmeichel and Pierre-Emile and afterwards the misbehaving of some English fans towards the Danish fans. Even though there are morons everywhere I can't imagine spitting on children etc. happening in Denmark or indeed anywhere else in Western Europe for an international match, especially not when the homeside wins, sorry to say. 

But, the vast majority are able to give recognition to England for a fully deserved victory. I'm wondering how the English media would have reacted had it been the other way around. 

49 minutes ago, Ph.c. said:

But, the vast majority are able to give recognition to England for a fully deserved victory. I'm wondering how the English media would have reacted had it been the other way around. 

The players are all sh*t, the manager should be sacked and the fans are a disgrace. The usual we’re used to hearing every two years. The British media have the lowest morals of anyone in the country. 

52 minutes ago, Ph.c. said:

Yes, and he got a yellow for it, not a pen. That's why most pundits and experts in Denmark blame the ref, not Sterling. I do hope that young Damsgaard has learned from that, though, even if it may be wishful thinking as he does play in Italy.

In Denmark, the widespread narrative is that England were the best team and deserved the victory. Next, that Denmark as many feared got tired because of the exhausting match in Baku's heat and had to sub our best attacking players early. Unluckily, Jensen got injured in ET, so England played 11 vs 10 for 20 minutes or so - it doesnt seem like anyone outside Denmark noticed though. And lastly, that some unfortunate things happened on and outside the pitch - the booing of the Danish anthem, the refs decision to give a pen and not to stop the play even though another ball was nearby, the laser on Schmeichel and Pierre-Emile and afterwards the misbehaving of some English fans towards the Danish fans. Even though there are morons everywhere I can't imagine spitting on children etc. happening in Denmark or indeed anywhere else in Western Europe for an international match, especially not when the homeside wins, sorry to say. 

You had a very dodgy penalty in the opening game yourselves which was rightly overshadowed by the Eriksson incident. These things do happen and its the VAR rule that requires looking at, maybe a referee should review a penalty decision along with a red card from the screen. it doesn't surprise me that Anthony Taylor was involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnRFRWMj4aU&t=2m45s

As for the unsavoury incidents, I do think you will find this the minority and shouldn't be used to brand a full nation( something you have been guilty of previously). The article that you highlighted earlier said other fans stepped in and stopped it, this I would expect, even the hooligans of the 70s and 80s  had morals years ago.

1 hour ago, Ph.c. said:

I saw Neville, Mourinho and Wenger saying that it wasn't a penalty but that England was a better team. All that about not checking with VAR enough and not going to a screen to see the replay at least one of them mentioned don't remember but I think it was Wenger. But the key point is that England was the better team overall so not much of a difference from their view and how people see it in Denmark.

Now if Denmark had that same penalty instead they would have said the same thing but the difference would have been that England being the better team would have lost after a strange penalty so the majority in the media would have had a different take because it's not the same when the worst team gets a huge leap with the help of the ref, that is just human nature.

With that said, I'm still waiting for the underdog to get a huge decision like that going their way, if you ask me VAR would have been a crucial factor if a Danish player had dived and the ref probably wouldn't have given that same penalty for them anyway, maybe I'm wrong but that's just my opinion and it doesn't change the fact that Italy:England is the best possible final as they were the best teams of each bracket.

Interestingly enough the ref in the final will be Björn Kuipers, he already was the ref in a match between England and Italy in 2014 World Cup during the group stages where Italy won and Verratti said not too long ago that Bjorn told him to F off a couple of times in a CL match.

8 hours ago, dkw said:

What a massive load of sh*t this is. There is no entitlement from the fans at all, 99.9% of English fans are pessimistic and dont expect anything from our national team, theres definitely no entitlement.

As for talking up a player, yeah were definitely the only ones that ever do this arent we...

Anyone else claims their team is great, can win etc are great, oh isnt it good that they have confidence, look at them supporting their national team, its so lovely to see....England fans say we think we have a good squad and a decent chance of getting to the semi finals = OH MY GOD ENGLISH FANS ARE SO ARROGANT AND ENTITLED!!!!!

I`m sick of people claiming stuff like this so they can slag us off while completely ignoring all the negatives of other nations, their fans and their media. 

I mean, look at this sh*t

777.jpg

Well, entitlement doesn't arise from optimism. You can be the most pessimistic person in the world (or nation) and still feel entitled. Just as Man U and Liverpool fans are often pessimistic, but believe they 'deserve' silverware because of their 'history'. That is entitlement. "It's coming home" in its popular usage (maybe not in how it was initially intended) reeks of entitlement, or that is at least how it is perceived. And pessimism or optimism has nothing to do with it. And here's a random article I found with a Google search that explains the difference http://www.realitycheck.focusonclarity.com/archives/1444

And it's funny that so many people here suddenly find these ref-favouring-a-team type conspiracy theories so absurd 🙂 The forum is full of such absurd theories in any post-match (or match) thread. Against several clubs, including many English clubs and Barcelona, Real Madrid. Somehow this reaction doesn't manifest then.

And finally, the English media, fortunately or unfortunately, reaches a very large part of the world. So while other countries' media probably talk up their teams, the 'world' doesn't get as big a dose and therefore perceptions are likely to be different.

And it's very convenient for you (all) to forget the other reasons people have grown to dislike English fans:

A section of English fans have been consistently booing other countries' anthems, a completely unnecessary thing to go and disrespectful. Most countries' fans have not done this, not even an "ungeneralizable section" as we love to say.

A section of fans choose to consistently boo the personal political/social choices of the very team they claim to support, i.e., the kneeling. Again disrespectful, and does the fans no favours in the eyes of the 'world'.

And this is excluding the spitting, the laser pointed at such a vital moment, etc.

I think all the talk about "unfairness" because of home advantage and "diving" etc. is absolute nonsense because every team has benefited from these at different times, even from dodgy referee calls. Personally I find the team and manager really likeable and wouldn't mind England winning at all.

It's just really amusing to see everyone brush the real reasons as to why the team/fans are disliked and pretending that the behaviour of the fan base is no different from anyone else while creating straw men to discuss on the forum.

And this is the same forum where fans of Tottenham, Palace, West Ham, Millwall and other London clubs are routinely called obnoxious but when they (and other clubs fans) all come together and act like idiots, they must be defended with vehemence 🙂

It's really ok to condemn the actions of these fans, acknowledge that the current match going fan base has some issues, while continuing to support the national team. It's really ok.

4 minutes ago, ashwin said:

And it's very convenient for you (all) to forget the other reasons people have grown to dislike English fans:

I think you’re missing my argument. There’s a lot of vitriol be spouted about the English people as a whole based on the action of a small number of people who don’t represent the majority.

I’d agree that a lot of England fans are scumbags because they are!

3 hours ago, charierre said:

You had a very dodgy penalty in the opening game yourselves which was rightly overshadowed by the Eriksson incident. These things do happen and its the VAR rule that requires looking at, maybe a referee should review a penalty decision along with a red card from the screen. it doesn't surprise me that Anthony Taylor was involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnRFRWMj4aU&t=2m45s

As for the unsavoury incidents, I do think you will find this the minority and shouldn't be used to brand a full nation( something you have been guilty of previously). The article that you highlighted earlier said other fans stepped in and stopped it, this I would expect, even the hooligans of the 70s and 80s  had morals years ago.

Of course it's a minority, even if I accidentally wrote 'English fans' and not 'some English fans' I'm not that stupid. I just think that you might have a bigger problem in your fan base than many of you care to recognise.

Edited by Ph.c.

11 minutes ago, Ph.c. said:

Of course it's a minority, even if I accidentally wrote 'English fans' and not 'some English fans' I'm not that stupid. I just think that you might have a bigger problem in your fan base than many of you care to recognise.

Having met how many? Having attended yourself how many games in England? Of course there are some idiots, every country has them. 

4 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

When we played Denmark most of Europe were against us, now its Italy I think about half are with us.

I don't. The only country in the world that called itself "Great". And we really aren't.

24 minutes ago, charierre said:

Having met how many? Having attended yourself how many games in England? Of course there are some idiots, every country has them. 

Like trees, every country has them - some more and bigger than others. 

1 hour ago, just said:

I don't. The only country in the world that called itself "Great". And we really aren't.

Great Britain is not a country; it's a landmass. It is known as 'Great' because it is the largest island in the British Isles, and houses the countries of England, Scotland and Wales within its shores.,

1 hour ago, Ph.c. said:

Danes mostly love England btw, our BBC has been airing Barnaby for decades and fish 'n chips are everywhere. Just please keep buying our bacon, it pays for half our NHS. 

Is your bacon very good?