World Cup Qatar 22

19 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Is a bit like Spurs getting dumped out of ECL by...whoever they were... England are serial bottlers in Football just like Spurs. Basically the international version of them, kit and all. 

You are comparing England to Tottenham. I used to like you.

2 minutes ago, CaitlinCFC said:

You are comparing England to Tottenham. I used to like you.

Is a good comparison. I lost hope and care in the National side between the bottle jobs in 96 and 98 and then all the media, rival fans ans rival players Chelsea hate during and around national team games.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The hosts beaten 1-0 by the mighty Linfield.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61889765

Irish Premiership champions Linfield have beaten World Cup hosts Qatar 1-0 in a practice match in Marbella.

A first-half goal from centre-forward Chris McKee gave the south-Belfast club victory.

A teamsheet posted by the club showed that seven players who started for Qatar on Tuesday evening also played in their 0-0 friendly international draw with Slovenia in March.

The 2022 World Cup will be played in Qatar in November and December.

Spanish coach Felix Sanchez's side will take on Ecuador in the tournament opener on 21 November before their other two Group A games, against Senegal on 25 November and Netherlands four days later.

Tuesday evening's training fixture in Spain was a first pre-season run-out for Linfield, who have been on a week's training camp in Marbella as they prepare to play in the Champions League next month.

David Healy's side have been drawn against Cymru Premier champions The New Saints in the first qualifying round, with the first leg taking place in Wales on 5 July and the return leg in Belfast a week later.

Linfield, whose title win in May was their fourth in a row and 56th in their history, have previous experience of playing against international opposition.

They defeated Kenya 1-0 at Windsor Park in September 2002 and, famously, hosted then reigning world champions Argentina at the Belfast venue in April 1990, losing 1-0 against a visiting side missing Diego Maradona as they prepared for the World Cup in Italy that summer.

Did anyone read that unmarried sex is not allowed and can get you a 7 year prison sentence?

apparently they are hell bend on enforcing this, not being able to book a hotel room if you cannot proof that you are married (i mean that you can't stay in the same room with a woman if unwed). They will also monitor the comings and goings so you won't be able to sneak someone in either. 

Edited by azpi28

On 24/06/2022 at 11:39, azpi28 said:

Did anyone read that unmarried sex is not allowed and can get you a 7 year prison sentence?

apparently they are hell bend on enforcing this, not being able to book a hotel room if you cannot proof that you are married (i mean that you can't stay in the same room with a woman if unwed). They will also monitor the comings and goings so you won't be able to sneak someone in either. 

Can't believe they will enforce that for foreigners.

On 24/06/2022 at 11:39, azpi28 said:

Such a wonderful, inclusive place to host a global competition. I can see why they were selected. 

season 8 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Will the sequence continue this year?

1998: 🇫🇷 World Cup Winners 🏆
2002: Eliminated in the 1st round

2006: 🇮🇹 World Cup Winners 🏆
2010: Eliminated in the 1st round

2010: 🇪🇸 World Cup Winners 🏆
2014: Eliminated in the 1st round

2014: 🇩🇪 World Cup Winners 🏆
2018: Eliminated in the 1st round

On 17/06/2022 at 19:45, strider6004 said:

Congrats to the Socceroos.

See they are now in Group D with France, Denmark and Tunisia.

It's very similar to our 2018 group which featured France and Denmark.

Ironically, Peru was also in that group in 2018.