Everton v Chelsea (PL) Sun 1st May 2022 14:00 GMT

I would guess some players would be rotated out given the short time between United and this game.

Kante came off because apparently he asked to come off, so might have a niggle there. James coming back from injury may be a risk starting so soon again.

Havertz and Mason clearly need a breather too.

And whoever is picked we know Charity FC will show up right so may as well give some players minutes lol.

Mendy

Chalobah

Christensen

Rudiger

RLC

Jorginho

Barkley

Saul

Ziyech

Lukaku

Pulisic

7 minutes ago, just said:

Wouldn't mind seeing a front three of

Kennedy.                        Barkley.                       Kepa.

Can't be any worse than what we are used to.

Season 21 Yes GIF by The Bachelor

Make sure Kepa is on Pens too.

I'd like to think that we'd turn up on Sunday and walk away with 3 points, but the way we've been playing as Charity FC lately anything could happen.  Our play since December, apart from the odd game here and there has been dire for the most part and not enjoyable to watch; although apart from the 2 teams above us and the resurgent Newcastle, most of the other teams fans are likely thinking the same about their clubs performance this season.   

Our defence this season has been a mixed bag of going from being stalwart, to a pile of sh*te; and our forward line, given the names on the shirt, has been a complete dogs breakfast for a majority of the season. Our midfield has been all over the place and TT has continually tinkered too many times for my liking. I'm not sure how many times he's made changes to the team that won the week before only for the changed team to f**k it up; the other thing that drives me nuts with him, is he makes substitutions way too late in the game when clearly they should be made at HT or shortly thereafter.   Frank will have the inside track on all the players, so I think we can expect to see a tactical game of us keeping the ball getting to their box and then playing it back to our box, and back to their box and them hoping that Richarlison and maybe Lewis hitting us with the ball over the top of the defence...

I hope we get the 3 points we badly need to reach our points target to secure a top 4 rather than dragging this season on to the last couple of games...but knowing our lot the best I can hope for is yet another bore draw and more changes to the line up. 

Suspect Alonso and Rudiger will be motivated for this.

Good to see Alonso scored yesterday and it was a good strike too.

Head says draw or Everton win, intuition says we will create more problems for Frank. 

Missed a lot of chances yesterday perhaps they will all go in against Everton..............

Ancelotti at some point last season managed to come to the 2nd spot with this Everton team, maybe it didn't last long but the question is if that was a sign that their players are actually decent or if Ancelotti is just that good of a manager... Lampard said he'll focus on Everton but on paper if our squad doesn't give them any gifts we should win this one.

We should be beating these as their defence is typical Frank. They will be putting alot of effort in so we will need to match them. 

It would be sad to help relegate Everton with Frank in charge. He hasn’t really had the impact they wanted. 

11 minutes ago, JM7 said:

We should be beating these as their defence is typical Frank. They will be putting alot of effort in so we will need to match them. 

It would be sad to help relegate Everton with Frank in charge. He hasn’t really had the impact they wanted. 

They are better than United are. Even they beat United.

6 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Ancelotti at some point last season managed to come to the 2nd spot with this Everton team, maybe it didn't last long but the question is if that was a sign that their players are actually decent or if Ancelotti is just that good of a manager... Lampard said he'll focus on Everton but on paper if our squad doesn't give them any gifts we should win this one.

We should win Gol. Goodison though is one of the most difficult grounds to go to. It’s what I call a proper old skool stadium. Defeat the crowd and your part of the way there.

I actually don't enjoy watching us play at the moment. Having our mediocre midfield sprinkled with one foot Alonso, and past his peak Dave in the starting XI just makes us so predictable.

We don't have a fear factor anymore and that makes a huge difference. I'm hoping we'll get a result as we don't want to rest on our laurels and think 3rd (or 4th even) is guaranteed.

We desperately need to upgrade our midfield next season, the total lack of creativity just dulls my sense of enjoyment.

Goodison is never an easy ground to play in, and in past years stronger Everton teams have proved a challenge but SF’s Toffees are abject to say the least, will we see Charity FC turn up again tomorrow and more lost points ? 

Probably😅

9 minutes ago, General said:

Goodison is never an easy ground to play in, and in past years stronger Everton teams have proved a challenge but SF’s Toffees are abject to say the least, will we see Charity FC turn up again tomorrow and more lost points ? 

Probably😅

Everton always seem to raise themselves when taking us on at Goodison, most recently on the occasion Big Dunc took over for the first time and they broke all their records for distance covered, tackles made, sprints made, energy expended, calories burned etc. They were also helped by a ref who turned a blind eye to their thuggery. We are the most overplayed team in Europe and frequently fail to put teams away even when dominating, as was the case at OT on Thursday, but also in the  Everton fixture at the Bridge). It will be no surprise if  Everton pick up a point or three tomorrow. I'd actually put money on it if Naismith was still there. I expect someone who hasn't scored in aeons to come up with a goal (Dele Alli is due one or two, shudder).