Marc Cucurella

Zeta
Chelsea Megastore

22 hours ago, axman2526 said:

In an ideal world we sell both Cucurella and Chilwell. (Also Kepa, Lukaku, Sterling and anyone else in the high earners club not named Reece James).

But who is going to buy them and pay them anywhere near what we do?

Unfortunately of all the players you listed, the one most injury prone is the one you don't want us to sell. For me it's an easy decision to put him up for sale but attach a cut off, say if he's not fully embedded in the team due to injuries by October of next season, just cut our losses and put other clubs on notice he's up for sale.

At least we are a bit lucky in the sense that Gusto has been more than a worthy deputy. 

10 hours ago, OriginalS said:

Cucurella has obviously flopped here overall but I also believe it's gone a bit under the radar how poor Chilwell's been for two consecutive seasons. He's generally been a disaster every time he's been on the pitch this season and last and I don't think there is a lot between them at the moment.

This! 

• 2 weeks later...

I see the ball. I see the ball. I run towards it. I run towards it. I run towards it. I must have it. I must have it. The player behind me. I do not care.

Just now, Scott Harris said:

Never seen a more desperate player in my life. He never looks in control of any situation. 

As many have said in the thread, all he does is run at the ball like a lost puppy, can't believe he was a highly rated player at one point. 

30 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

As many have said in the thread, all he does is run at the ball like a lost puppy, can't believe he was a highly rated player at one point. 

TBF Alfie Gilchrist looked like a deer in the highlights. He is very young, and is a centre-half rather than a fullback. That said, I'd play him at left back ahead of Cucurella every single time. Forever.

1 minute ago, just said:

TBF Alfie Gilchrist looked like a deer in the highlights. He is very young, and is a centre-half rather than a fullback. That said, I'd play him at left back ahead of Cucurella every single time. Forever.

Agreed about Gilchrist.  I said on the match thread I think he deserves a little slack tonight. He is very inexperienced, playing out of position,  got no protection from Madueke tonight and, would never have thought he would be in amongst such a car crash performance by more experienced players. 

what an absolute waste of money.. to think we paid 70 mil for him. No pace, cant pass, cant tackle, cant cross, cant head. I regularly sltaed Alonso on this site and to think he makes ALonso look worldclass.

Edited by Jangz

Shame. I was enthusiastic about this signing, he was good at Brighton. But it's just not working out. I think we need to cut our loss this summer and replace him.

11 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Shame. I was enthusiastic about this signing, he was good at Brighton. But it's just not working out. I think we need to cut our loss this summer and replace him.

I would agree but unfortunately he is only the tip of the iceberg so many more need to be shifted it's gonna be a huge and expensive task .

54 minutes ago, Zeta said:

I am not sure there is anyone willing to pay his salary. 

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

I am not sure there is anyone willing to pay his salary. 

Same problem with Chilwell, who I'd be inclined to try and move on first to be honest ... which is more a statement on where Chilwell is at right now, rather than a vote of confidence for Cucu btw 🙂 

3 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Same problem with Chilwell, who I'd be inclined to try and move on first to be honest ... which is more a statement on where Chilwell is at right now, rather than a vote of confidence for Cucu btw 🙂 

Chilwell is a very good fb. Injury after injury has hurt his athleticism (hopefully the same thing won't happen to Reece). 

Just now, Bob stark said:

Chilwell is a very good fb. Injury after injury has hurt his athleticism (hopefully the same thing won't happen to Reece). 

I think a lot of people have this misty eyed view of Chilly, based mainly on 7 games (3 goals) at the beginning of 21/22 ... before he got injured. Never been anywhere near that level since ...