Southampton v Chelsea (PL) Tues 30th Aug 2022 19:45 GMT

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

He's been sh*t the past 3 seasons, he can't stay fit. When he gets back on the pitch, his lack of match fitness shows and then he gets injured again. He's not carrying us, he is part of the problem. It's not his fault, but it is what it is.

He’s almost finished now and too injury prone…when he does play though he’s still miles better than any of our other midfielders.

Tuchel has the look of a man who doesn’t know what to do. He’s going to have to make some bold decisions. I don’t know if he’s up to it. It’s a bit troubling to think that we’re pinning our whole season on signing Aubemayang. If that doesn’t work out, then we’re truly f**ked.

Edited by Socrates

2 hours ago, Socrates said:

Tuchel has the look of a man who doesn’t know what to do. He’s going to have to make some bold decisions. I don’t know if he’s up to it. It’s a bit troubling to think that we’re pinning our whole season on signing Aubemayang. If that doesn’t work out, then we’re truly f**ked.

Can auba play centre mid. I think that’s our biggest concern atm. 

Edited by TilNev

5 hours ago, enigma said:

another telling interview....

Slam the players, but not any hands up for the dross we have seen for the prolonged period.

Yes, defending wasn't great - but why did we not attack ? why against leeds and southampton did we not create anything despite being behind? Why is tuchel playing the same players who he admits don't have the right mentality? 

writing is on the wall....

1 minute ago, nonotnowjim said:

another telling interview....

Slam the players, but not any hands up for the dross we have seen for the prolonged period.

Yes, defending wasn't great - but why did we not attack ? why against leeds and southampton did we not create anything despite being behind? Why is tuchel playing the same players who he admits don't have the right mentality? 

writing is on the wall....

Under Roman I think there is a chance he would have been gone in the summer. Todd and our new owners are unknown here, how much patience they have. They seem to connect well with TT, so much so he has direct involvement in transfer dealings.

They might give him a lot of leeway on this. A big test will be of we fail to finish top 4. Will they have the patience to give him another season if that happens?

A lot may be determined by how well he gets on with whoever our director of football is.

7 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I know exactly how good Kante is, especially when he is fit, where are you even getting the impression that I don't rate him highly? He was brilliant in that Champions League campaign, but it's a joke to diminish everybody elses contribution by saying he carried them. He didn't carry them at all, they all played at a really high level throughout the tournament as a team. 

To win cl you need the whole team to play well that goes without saying. But Kante was by far the biggest reason why we won cl. 

In cl final we lost Silva who imo the best cb in pl after 30min and we lost nothing. Let's say instead of Silva we lost Kante, it would have been a completely different story. No chance we could control city attack for 90 min. At that game, we absolutely blunted city attack through the middle. All thanks to Kante. 

This is what Kante offer you that no other player in the world can offer as what Tuchel said. Ability to absolutely destroyed opp attack and at the same time offer you offer ball progression and offensive output (I believe Mount last goal against Madrid in semi came after Kante robbed the ball from Madrid player, ran forward then feed puli who then feed Mount)  

When he played well, it is very easy for you to dominate the game and stop your opp to play and Kante can do this almost single handedly and suddenly you think the whole team play well. Hmm we played the exact same team minus Kante  vs spurs n leeds just 1 week apart and it was two very different game. 

Edited by Bob stark

15 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

To win cl you need the whole team to play well that goes without saying. But Kante was by far the biggest reason why we won cl. 

In cl final we lost Silva who imo the best cb in pl after 30min and we lost nothing. Let's say instead of Silva we lost Kante, it would have been a completely different story. No chance we could control city attack for 90 min. At that game, we absolutely blunted city attack through the middle. All thanks to Kante. 

This is what Kante offer you that no other player in the world can offer as what Tuchel said. Ability to absolutely destroyed opp attack and at the same time offer you offer ball progression and offensive output (I believe Mount last goal against Madrid in semi came after Kante robbed the ball from Madrid player, ran forward then feed puli who then feed Mount)  

When he played well, it is very easy for you to dominate the game and stop your opp to play and Kante can do this almost single handedly and suddenly you think the whole team play well. Hmm we played the exact same team minus Kante  vs spurs n leeds just 1 week apart and it was two very different game. 

Jorginho and Kante. Not Kante alone. 

4 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Sure but you take Jorgi out you replace him with kova, there will be slight drop off defensively (kova has improved a bit though) but not much. You take Kante out you put kova in, say good bye to cl. 

Take out Jorginho from our CL campaign and you can also say good bye to that trophy as well.

7 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Sure but you take Jorgi out you replace him with kova, there will be slight drop off defensively (kova has improved a bit though) but not much. You take Kante out you put kova in, say good bye to cl. 

Don’t say that Jorgi is the UCL and EC winner.. the man who can’t defend /assist/run/pass longer than 10 yards .. bravo

cost us the goal against spurs .. pathetic yesterday .. zero against Leeds.. if he was so amazing with a year left on his contract why weren’t there any offers .. especially given how his agent runs his mouth about returning to Italy.

2 minutes ago, Jangz said:

Don’t say that Jorgi is the UCL and EC winner.. the man who can’t defend /assist/run/pass longer than 10 yards .. bravo

cost us the goal against spurs .. pathetic yesterday .. zero against Leeds.. if he was so amazing with a year left on his contract why weren’t there any offers .. especially given how his agent runs his mouth about returning to Italy.

Imagine paying almost 300k per week for Koulibaly, having one of the best defender of his generation T.Silva and Azpilicueta... and then crying that it's the fault of Jorginho for letting 1 ball go though you're so hilarous when you blame him for Spurs scoring a goal after a clear foul and offside as well 🤣

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

Had we lost James we wouldn't have won because there would be nobody available to contain Sterling. Had we lost Rudiger wouldn't have won because he wouldn't have been there to make a goal saving block and keep that defence in control. Had we lost Jorginho, we wouldn't have been able to control the midfield. Had we lost Mount, we wouldn't have been able to press effectively in attack. There were a lot of players alongside Kante that would have been as much of a blow had they got injured that day.

There is no point to blame one, two or three players. We all failed yesterday and something in our tactics don't work anymore. Football these days is very technological, opponent teams can analyse and prepare their teams perfectly against us. Everyone know that our buildup is always from GK to the defenders, Jorginho will always get down to receive the ball and then we're missing creativity from other players in that buildup and ball possession.

Our reaction to second ball wasn't good enough, it was easy to beat us and keep playing forward in individual play or team play. 

We don't have a real striker to can take the defenders and play hard on them, I believe Borja proved a little bit of it in his minutes he played. 

Good thing was we changed for 4-3-3, but now it's time to work on this formation because whole team is prepared for 5-2-3 principles, time is needed.

We still have a long road and enough time to improve, let's hope for a good. COME ON CHELS!!

23 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Had we lost James we wouldn't have won because there would be nobody available to contain Sterling. Had we lost Rudiger wouldn't have won because he wouldn't have been there to make a goal saving block and keep that defence in control. Had we lost Jorginho, we wouldn't have been able to control the midfield. Had we lost Mount, we wouldn't have been able to press effectively in attack. There were a lot of players alongside Kante that would have been as much of a blow had they got injured that day.

🤣🤣🤣

We lost Rudiger we put Azpi on the left chris/chalo on the right we probably will still win cl. Jorginho control is just absolutely BS. We lose Reece, we put Azpi over there, no problem. We lose Mount, this is probably the hardest to replace because Ziyech is not as a good but we probably can still win it. No Kante, 0 chance 

43 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Imagine paying almost 300k per week for Koulibaly, having one of the best defender of his generation T.Silva and Azpilicueta... and then crying that it's the fault of Jorginho for letting 1 ball go though you're so hilarous when you blame him for Spurs scoring a goal after a clear foul and offside as well 🤣

If jorgi does his job RLC doesnt get pulled out of position giving the scorer a free shot from the middle.

lets just agree to disagree mate. i think there were enough of a passage of play between the foul and Jorginho had a chance to clear and he took a huge risk inside his box against spurs. So i also blame him a lot for this..

I really dont think Jorginho is the solution for the team and dont rate him in the EPL where the game is very physical. I think he is better in the continent.... you believe otherwise.. so its ok. 

3 minutes ago, Jangz said:

If jorgi does his job RLC doesnt get pulled out of position giving the scorer a free shot from the middle.

lets just agree to disagree mate. i think there were enough of a passage of play between the foul and Jorginho had a chance to clear and he took a huge risk inside his box against spurs. So i also blame him a lot for this..

I really dont think Jorginho is the solution for the team and dont rate him in the EPL where the game is very physical. I think he is better in the continent.... you believe otherwise.. so its ok. 

Literally 3 defenders made the same move and basically pushed each other that's the only reason why the guy was totally free 4 yards from the goal line but sure everything bad that ever happen to us, including a goal that shouldn't have stood, it's all the fault of 1 man only, the infamous Jorginho... you're wack 😆

🤣🤣🤣

We lost Rudiger we put Azpi on the left chris/chalo on the right we probably will still win cl. Jorginho control is just absolutely BS. We lose Reece, we put Azpi over there, no problem. We lose Mount, this is probably the hardest to replace because Ziyech is not as a good but we probably can still win it. No Kante, 0 chance 

Kante is only good because there is someone behind him covering for him which allows him to roam and put pressure on players. Take away that player for him and we're wide open and we have only 1 player that does that for Kante which has been Jorginho for the vast majority of the time. Jorginho had the most tackles and most interceptions out of all players when we won the CL, to say that Jorginho offered nothing is you being full of it.

1 hour ago, Jangz said:

I don't want attack jorgi. Honestly, I like Jorgi. He is not lazy and I like player who has strong gamesmanship. He has many strong atributes and I usually try to defend player like him but It is impossible to even rate him when he is being considered as tempo setter n pass master. 

4 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Kante is only good because there is someone behind him covering for him which allows him to roam and put pressure on players. Take away that player for him and we're wide open and we have only 1 player that does that for Kante which has been Jorginho for the vast majority of the time. Jorginho had the most tackles and most interceptions out of all players when we won the CL, to say that Jorginho offered nothing is you being full of it.

This is actually a very good post about Jorgi. He is very good at mop up duty. 

This is actually a very good post about Jorgi. He is very good at mop up duty. 

They are dependent on each other, obviously Kante does much more as he works as 3 players but Tuchel could compensate with buying another DM.

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

They are dependent on each other, obviously Kante does much more as he works as 3 players but Tuchel could compensate with buying another DM.

Nope you can't replace Kante. 

United spent 80m on casemiro. He can do Jorgi mop up duty and more because he is more athletic but even casemiro will think that you are crazy if you ask him to play like Kante.