Moises Caicedo to Chelsea! "Official"

axman2526

1 hour ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Not only that metric too. 

IMG_2985.jpeg

I bet his offensive stats (besides goals) are far better than Rice's also, it's an underrated aspect of Caicedo's game. 

I thought Kante was a unit defensively but he wasn't the greatest at delivering the pass, a lot of our goals have usually stemmed from Caicedo finding someone in space. 

6 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

I bet his offensive stats (besides goals) are far better than Rice's also, it's an underrated aspect of Caicedo's game. 

I thought Kante was a unit defensively but he wasn't the greatest at delivering the pass, a lot of our goals have usually stemmed from Caicedo finding someone in space. 

5 minutes ago, Remodez said:

All explainable due to how Arsenal play. 

Caicedo has been okay overall and had a great game yesterday but these stats are not the compliment it seems. 

Rice is the only one of the 2 who is actually playing their actual position (box to box aggressor) now that Jorginho is being used as the holder. 

The point is that one is playing in a settled system and is labeled 'signing of the season' whereas the other is playing in a chaotic system/out of position and is labeled 'flop'. Yet when you compare them as midfielders, they aren't entirely different. 

image.thumb.png.cae7068d951f0c18482facf2e171507e.png

Just now, Sconnie Blue said:

Rice is the only one of the 2 who is actually playing their actual position (box to box aggressor) now that Jorginho is being used as the holder. 

The point is that one is playing in a settled system and is labeled 'signing of the season' whereas the other is playing in a chaotic system/out of position and is labeled 'flop'. Yet when you compare them as midfielders, they aren't entirely different. 

About what I expect besides the forward passes.

I sometimes lurk on rival forums to see what they're saying, and Chelsea fans on here are more complimentary towards Declan Rice than Arsenal fans are on ArsenalMania, he gets quite a bit of criticism on there and they've been challenging for the title. 

Caicedo has had his terrible moments this season but all in all I've been impressed with him. It's Enzo I've been worried about mostly, we need him to find his feet. Caicedo I can definitely see getting better with every season. 

2 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

I sometimes lurk on rival forums to see what they're saying, and Chelsea fans on here are more complimentary towards Declan Rice than Arsenal fans are on ArsenalMania, he gets quite a bit of criticism on there and they've been challenging for the title. 

Yup I've read some wild sh*t on that forum. Stuff even @Gol15 wouldn't even say, like they wish Jorginho starts every game from now on and that he is Pirlo levels. 

You heard me right. 

52 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

I don't think I've seen anyone say Rice is signing of the season, pretty much impossible for a 100m midfielder to be.

I understood the point though, I just thought the stats you used didn't really back up the point.

5 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Yup I've read some wild sh*t on that forum. Stuff even @Gol15 wouldn't even say, like they wish Jorginho starts every game from now on and that he is Pirlo levels. 

You heard me right. 

Arteta rates Jorginho a lot and if he hadn't had the injury problem that he carried from before he would have definitely started more matches for them, for good or bad.

Arsenal fans believe Arteta is a genius so they agree on anything he says, he can keep believing in G.Jesus and they will too, Jorginho hasn't been a bad player for them but in terms of actual importance he's not as influential as he was for us and that's the simple truth.

He’s growing in confidence and effectiveness. You have to think, and recall reading, that the pressure of the fee and signing for Chelsea did create pressure. He is settling now. 

I get the feeling the minute he is out of the team they’ll be a big hole we all talk about. It hasn’t quite worked with Enzo in a partnership, but that’s a conversation for another thread. 

Think we’ll look back in coming years as a great signing. Hopefully we can get him more box to box next year. 

On 17/04/2024 at 22:03, Sconnie Blue said:

Not only that metric too. 

IMG_2985.jpeg

Lol please don't compare Rice and Caicedo.

Put the stats with no context aside for one second, Rice is miles ahead of Caicedo. I was clamouring for us to get Rice instead, but here we are. The board has some weird obsession with Caicedo.

Does Liverpool still want him for 110m?

15 hours ago, I am a CPA said:

Put the stats with no context aside for one second, Rice is miles ahead of Caicedo. I was clamouring for us to get Rice instead, but here we are. The board has some weird obsession with Caicedo.

To be honest, I think it's embarrassing comparing any of our lot to Arsenal at the moment, other than Palmer. They have been title contenders 2 years running whilst we have been mid table. The only time we should start comparing our players to the best again is when we start playing at that same level.

We're just setting ourselves up for mockery.

Edited by Scott Harris

On 25/04/2024 at 07:25, I am a CPA said:

Rice never wanted to come in the first place. Caicedo wanted to be a part of CFC.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Rice never wanted to come in the first place. Caicedo wanted to be a part of CFC.

Personally I believe Rice wanted to come here for years but the combination of West Ham referring to sell, then Mount leaving and the reported "insulting" offer we made him ended the deal.

He spoke in an interview how he, and his family, are all Chelsea fans.

45 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Personally I believe Rice wanted to come here for years but the combination of West Ham referring to sell, then Mount leaving and the reported "insulting" offer we made him ended the deal.

Nah, if a player really wants to come it actually happens and Rice never had that in mind at all, fake person that changed his national team and what not... Lampard openly spoke about his interest in Rice when Mount was just having his breakthrough in the team and it didn't matter.

14 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Nah, if a player really wants to come it actually happens and Rice never had that in mind at all, fake person that changed his national team and what not... Lampard openly spoke about his interest in Rice when Mount was just having his breakthrough in the team and it didn't matter.

West Ham refused to sell then.

11 hours ago, axman2526 said:

West Ham refused to sell then.

If he wanted to come it would have been different, the main thing is the players will that can make or break a transfer. We had plenty of examples in the recent years, Jose said that the main reason why Matic could even sign for Man United was his own will to work with Jose, the opposite thing happened to us when we tried to sign Kounde and De Jong and the most positive was Caicedo that didn't want to go to Liverpool...

16 hours ago, axman2526 said:

It is just a joke really.