Moises Caicedo to Chelsea! "Official"

axman2526
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, abister1 said:

A player makes a clear as day mistake in not assessing the threat or danger around before making a misplaced, heavy pass and yet some how it's the other player that is recipient of pass at fault. 

So let's recap, 

1. Lack of situational awareness 

2. Not anticipating the danger around. 

3. Passing the ball to your player with a heavy touch and away from him. 

But somehow it's the other players fault. It's not like Badashile didn't have a badly sh*tty game but let each player carry his own sh*t.

Talk about blinded by being a fan boy. 

Think its quite well noted that i've not been Caicedo's biggest fan since we've signed him on here. 

I've also played full back and centre half at academy level until i was 16. That is as much, if not more on Badiashile than Caicedo. At no point would you stop your run towards your own goal when asking to receive a pass and being closed down by attackers. You'd be told to create as much time for yourself by backing off. Caicedo passed the ball to where Badiashile should have been moving to, completely stopping and planting your feet like that is beyond weird. Even if the pass is miss hit or Caicedo tackled, Badiashile should be on his toes to be ready to receive a slightly wide pass and react to any danger. 

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Both contributed to it, it was a poorly chosen pass but if Badiashile had read it and not just stopped it would likely have been a fairly straight forward pass back to the keeper by him on receiving it. But its symptomatic of our generally awful possession play when deep, especially against presses.

Also another indication of this squad's lack of composure when to control matches. Always has to be 100 miles per hour. 

2 minutes ago, Ukraine Bolt said:

Think its quite well noted that i've not been Caicedo's biggest fan since we've signed him on here. 

I've also played full back and centre half at academy level until i was 16. That is as much, if not more on Badiashile than Caicedo. At no point would you stop your run towards your own goal when asking to receive a pass and being closed down by attackers. You'd be told to create as much time for yourself by backing off. Caicedo passed the ball to where Badiashile should have been moving to, completely stopping and planting your feet like that is beyond weird. Even if the pass is miss hit or Caicedo tackled, Badiashile should be on his toes to be ready to receive a slightly wide pass and react to any danger. 

Yep, this.

1 minute ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Also another indication of this squad's lack of composure when to control matches. Always has to be 100 miles per hour. 

And this. We look like a team trying to pass around a press but have never trained to do it, its shambolic.

9 minutes ago, Ukraine Bolt said:

Who slows down to receive a ball when you have men closing you down? You'd be trying to create distance between yourself and the Utd players, not just completely stop your movement. It was another error from Badiashile. 

There was plenty of space for Badiashile and he would easily have passed it on to Cucurella. What you don't want to do in a situation like that is to "run away" from a press, just move the ball instead and let the United players run between it. Premier League players do it successfully every single game.

Reckon me and @just could have handled that better and he's got weak knees! 😉

Edited by OriginalS

Let's flip it around so you can see just how bizarre what Badishille did is. 

Assume for one second that Badishille was positioned where the pass actually went to and Caicedo misplaced the pass to where Badishille was actually standing. Even in this situation it is okay, not ideal, but still better than what Badishille actually did because he would now be in a position to defend and hold up United's runners until back up comes and threat is nullified. 

By every metric, everything you are taught as a defender, he was completely in the wrong. His brain just shut down. Teams that play out from the back do this routinely, I have no idea what he was thinking. 

3 minutes ago, OriginalS said:

There was plenty of space for Badiashile and he would easily have passed it on to Cucurella. What you don't want to do in a situation like that is to "run away" from a press, just move the ball instead and let the United players run between it. Premier League players do it successfully every single game.

I've explained why you're wrong, it's up to you what you do with that information. 

Have a good day. :dead_horse:

24 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

I think Remodez has a point looking back at the replay. Badiashile is caught flat footed when it clearly looks like Caicedo was passing to his stronger foot so he could pass it back to Petro. Both caught in two different minds. 

I do think Lavia at some point will be the one who comes in to take this burden off of Caicedo who isn't a lone DM. 

That assumes Lavia is ever reliably fit for more than 30 minutes. We need another player who can cover this position reliably.

Just now, forbzy said:

That assumes Lavia is ever reliably fit for more than 30 minutes. We need another player who can cover this position reliably.

Ugochukwu! Oh wait never mind he's chronically injured too. Wonder if Mikel can take some time away from his podcast for one last hoorah. 

5 minutes ago, Ukraine Bolt said:

I've explained why you're wrong, it's up to you what you do with that information. 

Have a good day. :dead_horse:

What's hilarious is that you can look at all this space and seriously mean that Badiashile at no point should stop running towards his own goal to recieve the pass like he's Forrest Gump. The only thing that could possibly do at that point there is to invite more pressure from United instead of breaking it by two extremely simple passes. And he's in plenty of space.

9 minutes ago, Remodez said:

Let's flip it around so you can see just how bizarre what Badishille did is. 

Assume for one second that Badishille was positioned where the pass actually went to and Caicedo misplaced the pass to where Badishille was actually standing. Even in this situation it is okay, not ideal, but still better than what Badishille actually did because he would now be in a position to defend and hold up United's runners until back up comes and threat is nullified. 

By every metric, everything you are taught as a defender, he was completely in the wrong. His brain just shut down. Teams that play out from the back do this routinely, I have no idea what he was thinking. 

You can make a case for Badiashile's role in the awful give away, but Caicedo had not business attempting that hospital pass. Either put the ball out for a throw, or play it back to the goalkeeper. 

If this was a one off that would be one thing, but he seems to make a habit of such giveaways.

7 minutes ago, OriginalS said:

What's hilarious is that you can look at all this space and seriously mean that Badiashile at no point should stop running towards his own goal to recieve the pass like he's Forrest Gump. The only thing that could possibly do at that point there is to invite more pressure from United instead of breaking it by two extremely simple passes. And he's in plenty of space.

Watch this. Every time a city player makes a pass they drop off to give an option. Find me an example of a defender just completely stopping their run when looking to receive a pass. Just standing there inanimate. Look at Kompany back peddling at the start, this is just basics here. 

Caicedo should have gone straight back to the keeper, but Badiashile made that into the mess it was. 

16 minutes ago, forbzy said:

You can make a case for Badiashile's role in the awful give away, but Caicedo had not business attempting that hospital pass. Either put the ball out for a throw, or play it back to the goalkeeper. 

If this was a one off that would be one thing, but he seems to make a habit of such giveaways.

Teams that play out from the back do those type of movements all the time so I fully understand why Caicedo attempted it as I'm sure it worked at Brighton. I'm sure he now knows better than to trust our CB's so will 100% go back to the keeper next time. 

Just now, Remodez said:

Teams that play out from the back do those type of movements all the time so I fully understand why Caicedo attempted it as I'm sure it worked at Brighton. I'm sure he now knows better than to trust our CB's so will 100% go back to the keeper next time. 

I'd be fine if he played it back to the keeper in future. Take the no risk option. I thought the same thing when Robert Sanchez used to give away the ball with poor passes like the one against Arsenal. if you are uncertain take the safe option and welly the ball out for a throw.

8 minutes ago, Ukraine Bolt said:

Find me an example of a defender just completely stopping their run when looking to receive a pass

Literally happens all the time in every single game. You can by all means think Badiashile should enter into a footrace with Hojlund and Garnacho for space there when he's already got the space he needs to begin with but I think you are way off.

Looks like a 30 million player... 

Thought we bought him to play out from the back progressively? He doesn't do that

Thought he's good at defending? Not quite he fouls a lot and has a lack of awareness

Luckily hes still young so can grow into a mature midfielder but 100m for him cmon what a joke lol

Would have been better to throw that on Osimhen 

Edited by Conte

15 minutes ago, OriginalS said:

Literally happens all the time in every single game. You can by all means think Badiashile should enter into a footrace with Hojlund and Garnacho for space there when he's already got the space he needs to begin with but I think you are way off.

No ones talking about entering into a foot race with an attacker? Its just a natural play to create separation from attackers and be ready to enter a sprint should Caicedo lose the ball to Antony (?). You always peel off for the option, if you're last man you certainly don't stand flat footed and stop moving. 

25 minutes ago, Remodez said:

If he did see that several players were right there around the CB it's his fault and if he didn't see it it's once again his fault, he could have put it out for a throw-in or just clear it anywhere.

It doesn't matter if something worked for him in the past, he had options and chose the wrong one, even at that his pass had poor accuracy so it wasn't even a good pass to begin with.

It's not about trusting another player, it was his mistake first and foremost, if he can't trust others he shouldn't be playing anyway.

Edited by Gol15

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

If he did see that several players were right there around the CB it's his fault and if he didn't see it it's once again his fault, he could have put it out for a throw-in or just clear it anywhere.

It doesn't matter if something worked for him in the past, he had options and chose the wrong one, even at that his pass had poor accuracy so it wasn't even a good pass to begin with.

It's not about trusting another player, it was his mistake first and foremost, if he can't trust others he shouldn't be playing anyway.

He played the ball to where BB should have been had he continued to drop off like a normal defender...

I'm sure next time he won't trust our useless CB's and go back to Petrovic instead though. All part and parcel of an inexperienced squad i guess.

What’s all this lark about Bads being at fault? Caicedo made a horlicks of the pass. Inaccurate, too strong and passed it to the opposition rather than a teammate - regardless of said teammates positioning. He knows it, we know it, Utd knew it, everybody knows it.  

• 2 weeks later...