Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Not sure what to take on this man.. The most notably standout CV was juventus with that unbeaten record to date but then again it's juventus in serie A.. Big gun, calciopoli and all that, it's hard to seriously acknowledge that achievement..

Most importantly is about the philosophy that he would bring to the team, hopefully roman sticks to his gun on what he really want.. 

Not sure what to take on this man.. The most notably standout CV was juventus with that unbeaten record to date but then again it's juventus in serie A.. Big gun, calciopoli and all that, it's hard to seriously acknowledge that achievement..

Most importantly is about the philosophy that he would bring to the team, hopefully roman sticks to his gun on what he really want.. 

Why is it hard to acknowledge the achievement of taking a 7th place team and winning the league unbeaten in your first season? It's one of the finest managerial achievements I have ever seen. 

Why is it hard to acknowledge the achievement of taking a 7th place team and winning the league unbeaten in your first season? It's one of the finest managerial achievements I have ever seen. 

I already stated, it's juventus in serie A.. I'm not even sure whether to take that league seriously after the calciopolli.. it happened before and what make you think that kind of thing has totally stopped.. I doubt that 'outside influence' totally diminished.. 

I already stated, it's juventus in serie A.. I'm not even sure whether to take that league seriously after the calciopolli.. it happened before and what make you think that kind of thing has totally stopped.. I doubt that 'outside influence' totally diminished..

Sorry mate for all of EPL's complexity and difficulty, the UEFA co-efficient is proving to the contrary. We are seeing teams of this assumed wishy-washy leagues progress to advance stages in european competitions while the EPL's 'sky four' have been below par recently.

I think Conte's biggest achievement is not winning the league with Juve but by turning them into a genuinely competitive European outfit despite playing in a weak league and being unable to attract the top brass.

I don't think he's a long-term option but Chelsea need someone to develop a strong structure to the attack. We need someone to come and teach this team how to construct opportunities.

It's crazy to think Guardiola, Klopp and now probably Mourinho and Conte will be managing in the same league.

Recent article with pirlo heaping praise on conte, but warning the owner needs to let conte do things his way.

http://www.espnfc.com/chelsea/story/2816217/andrea-pirlo-hails-beast-antonio-conte-amid-chelsea-link

Transcript:

I love the man, I have nothing but respect and admiration for him. I know if he takes a job, any job, it will have to be on his terms," Pirlo told the Mirror.

"The players he wants to sign, those he wants to get rid of, the style he wants to play. If you sign him as your coach and then as the owner you want to start making ­decisions, he is not the coach for you.

Antonio Conte won three consecutive Serie A titles during his time with Juventus.

"If you let him get on with things and do his methods, then you will have a team that plays attractive football and will, without doubt, be successful."

Pirlo lauded Conte's maniacal work ethic and attention to detail, and added that the Italian's passion for football is not restricted only to the pitch.

"There is a beast in him," Pirlo continued. "I have been in his dressing room at half-time when we have been winning, but he comes in and will be throwing full bottles of water around because of a mistake we made or because he feels we should be further ahead.

"His life is football. I know he is up until 3-4 a.m. in the morning, studying videos, looking at errors, ­studying the opposition of the next game. It is a good job Elisabetta is such an understanding wife, and if he takes the Chelsea job then she will have plenty of time to enjoy London, because he has two wives -- Elisabetta and football.

"I even know he will turn on the bedroom lights in the middle of the night because he has thought of something he needs to write down -- you will not find a more understanding woman than her."

Pirlo continued: "I have played under a lot of great managers. But I can say that Conte is a genius. Like all men who possess genius, he is a little mad.

"The man can be a beast, a dressing room when he is angry is one of the most dangerous places you can be."

Edited by enigma

I don't agree with this appointment because I can't see him succeeding in this league. 

He's too soft and comforting with his gentle blue eyes. We need a hard man like Simeone to grab the players by the throat and demand them to perform. 

If you think Conte is soft then you cant know much about him. This is what Pirlo says

Pirlo: "The man can be a beast, a dressing room when Antonio Conte is angry is one of the most dangerous places you can be.“

Pirlo also describes Conte as a Genuis.

Pirlo said: “I love the man, I have nothing but respect and admiration for him. I know if he takes a job, any job, it will have to be on his terms.

“The players he wants to sign, those he wants to get rid of, the style he wants to play.

“If you sign him as your coach and then as the owner you want to start making ­decisions, he is not the coach for you.

“If you let him get on with things and do his methods, then you will have a team that plays attractive football and will, without doubt, be successful.”

Pirlo has also described Conte as “a beast with two wives” – his own and football. The midfielder, who played for the incoming Blues boss at Juve, revealed that Conte’s wife Elisabetta is fully ­understanding of his obsession with winning and his attention to detail.

He added: “There is a beast in him. I have been in his dressing room at half-time when we have been winning, but he comes in and will be throwing full bottles of water around because of a mistake we made or because he feels we should be further ahead.

“His life is football. I know he is up until 3-4am in the morning, studying videos, looking at errors, ­studying the opposition of the next game. It is a good job Elisabetta is such an understanding wife, and if he takes the Chelsea job then she will have plenty of time to enjoy London, because he has two wives – Elisabetta and football.

“I even know he will turn on the bedroom lights in the middle of the night because he has thought of something he needs to write down – you will not find a more understanding woman than her.”

Chelsea held talks with Conte in London on Thursday. He is understood to have spoken with director Marina Granovskaia having already impressed ­Technical Director Michael Emanalo. Conte has previously managed at Arezzo, Bari, Atalanta and Siena.

At Bari, he clinched the Serie B title. At Siena, he finished second in the same division. As a player he lifted five titles, the Champions League and the UEFA Cup among a clutch of trophies with Juventus.

“I have played under a lot of great managers.” said Pirlo.

“But I can say that Conte is a genius. Like all men who possess genius, he is a little mad.

“The man can be a beast, a dressing room when he is angry is one of the most dangerous places you can be.”

Pirlo said: “I love the man, I have nothing but respect and admiration for him. I know if he takes a job, any job, it will have to be on his terms.

“The players he wants to sign, those he wants to get rid of, the style he wants to play.

“If you sign him as your coach and then as the owner you want to start making ­decisions, he is not the coach for you.

“If you let him get on with things and do his methods, then you will have a team that plays attractive football and will, without doubt, be successful.”

Pirlo has also described Conte as “a beast with two wives” – his own and football. The midfielder, who played for the incoming Blues boss at Juve, revealed that Conte’s wife Elisabetta is fully ­understanding of his obsession with winning and his attention to detail.

He added: “There is a beast in him. I have been in his dressing room at half-time when we have been winning, but he comes in and will be throwing full bottles of water around because of a mistake we made or because he feels we should be further ahead.

“His life is football. I know he is up until 3-4am in the morning, studying videos, looking at errors, ­studying the opposition of the next game. It is a good job Elisabetta is such an understanding wife, and if he takes the Chelsea job then she will have plenty of time to enjoy London, because he has two wives – Elisabetta and football.

“I even know he will turn on the bedroom lights in the middle of the night because he has thought of something he needs to write down – you will not find a more understanding woman than her.”

Chelsea held talks with Conte in London on Thursday. He is understood to have spoken with director Marina Granovskaia having already impressed ­Technical Director Michael Emanalo. Conte has previously managed at Arezzo, Bari, Atalanta and Siena.

At Bari, he clinched the Serie B title. At Siena, he finished second in the same division. As a player he lifted five titles, the Champions League and the UEFA Cup among a clutch of trophies with Juventus.

“I have played under a lot of great managers.” said Pirlo.

“But I can say that Conte is a genius. Like all men who possess genius, he is a little mad.

“The man can be a beast, a dressing room when he is angry is one of the most dangerous places you can be.”

Thats just what we need a nasty conte in charge.

I wonder where Mr. Emanelo will end up......on the scrap heap I hope. But I do hope he keeps Steve Holland around.

Me too. I also wonder, depending on conte's English, whether it would be worth trying to persuade one of our ex Italians to join his back room staff, zola is the obvious one, but vialli would be perfect having played with conte at juve.

It would certainly help conte get his point across, and help familiarise him with the club.

I cant see rdm coming back as an assistant though!

We definitely need a manager who will grab this club by the scruff of the neck and slam down some authority, Conte looks like that man.

But what worries me is how some of the players react to his authority, are we going to end up with players not giving it their all on the pitch again ?

Edited by coco

Would like this appointment, he's a very smart, very flexible coach.

I don't think we can really talk about his transfer work but increasingly that's a non factor in football and at the club- Jose was a break from that but I'm guessing we'll revert to the type of transfer work before him (for good and bad). I'm sure conte will ask for one or two specifically and surely the club will acquiesce to that.

Speaks English better than I thought.

This is also good because I'm not a fab of allegri and while I do like pellegrini I don't think the job he's done at city is all that impressive and the message signing a manager discarded by our rivals in a season where we finish mid table would not be encouraging.

P.s. I don't see us having the type of center backs to play his 352. Christensen and maybe jt aside.

Good post, agree with all of it except one thing I am curious about - why is it you don't rate Allegri?