Chelsea Vs Manchester City (PL) Wed 05/04 2017 KO 20:00 GMT

Just now, Stas1 said:

In Costa's defense, he does a lot of running trying to harass City players. I think he will come good in this game. Zouma is a little nervous, needs to gain his pre-trauma confidence pretty damn quick. On a side note, I was very pissed off when Jose got rid of De Bruyne, I wish he was on our side.

Running isn't enough though. When he is on the ball he needs to be smarter. Control it better, use his strength and try and lay it off to Fabregas or get it wide to Pedro or Hazard. He's not doing that though, he's always looking to run with the ball even before he has the ball under control. It's conceding possession far too easily.

1 minute ago, Don Conte said:

Cant wait for next season when we will have andres Christenseon back. He is definitely a great passer of the ball and a good defender. Zouma has to improve his passing in this formation. He struggles against the press

Matic for Zouma. pretty smart from Conte. Pep was going to exploit zouma in the second half

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Running isn't enough though. When he is on the ball he needs to be smarter. Control it better, use his strength and try and lay it off to Fabregas or get it wide to Pedro or Hazard. He's not doing that though, he's always looking to run with the ball even before he has the ball under control. It's conceding possession far too easily.

Especially seeing as he's an incredibly sh*t dribbler and isn't the fastest bloke on the pitch. He should be looking to lay it off and get into open spaces.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

You are right. I guess this is a classical glass half empty / half full. At least he does not sulk and avoid play play. He is the best striker we have at the moment :(

I really hope Zouma can get back to where he was, he was such a prospect before that knee injury, it makes me sad he's struggling to get back in to it. 

I know it's still early days but hopefully next season with a full pre season under his belt he can be back to his best.

20:58

Nearly two. Kyle Naughton, another ex-Spurs man in this Swansea line-up, comes in from the right, leaves Ben Davies for dead (that gets written a lot), then puts his shot wide via a deflection. From the resulting corner, Leroy Fer heads over.