In praise of Frank

ethicalstrategy

Bit of a nothing article really.

Tells us nothing we don't already know. We know he's good. He is appreciated by Chelsea fans (by some more than others though ES) and we know we will miss him in a couple of seasons time when we have to replace him.

Love the way the journo sings his praises but then admits he'll be voting for Rooney!!

Good article. Thanks for posting.

It's always a shock when you find journalists who can't write a proper sentence:

Lampard is the player who, when he joined Chelsea in 2001, we all baulked at the £11m fee paid to West Ham.

That's just abysmal grammar!

I think the main problem i have with Lampard (not really Lampard, when people talk about him) this season is that when others perform badly, the likes of Kalou, Deco, Ballack, Mikel etc etc and Lamps performs badly it gets swept under the table. Im grateful for everything Lampard has done for us but if you criticise the guy you get shot down on these forums when sometimes it's equally deserved as the likes of Ballack, Deco and Mikel on performances during matches.

For example, Deco could have a good match and Frank was non existant and Deco would get alot of criticism for it.

Thats my only problem, i agree people have short memories here. I posted in the thread about do we need to freshen up for next season, a post like that comes after every time we fail to perform such as Inter and Spurs, what i don't like is that everyone blames a number of key players such as Ballack and Deco and point fingers at Ancelotti .When it's everyone's fault in the team if we fail too win, including the "untouchables" such as Lampard, Terry, Drogba etc etc.

Incredible really if you think about it. 23+14 and no nomination for anything. Lamps have had the same kind of season he was nominated second best in the world after Ronaldinho.

Need we say more. Lampard is in his own class. Above everyone else!

Think about how much we would suffer if he'd leave...We'd miss him like no other player in the team.

Incredible really if you think about it. 23+14 and no nomination for anything. Lamps have had the same kind of season he was nominated second best in the world after Ronaldinho.

Need we say more. Lampard is in his own class. Above everyone else!

Think about how much we would suffer if he'd leave...We'd miss him like no other player in the team.

His stats may be the same, but he hasn't been as outstanding this season. His stats are very impressive, but he hasn't dominated the midfield as he normally do.

I think when he scored the pen against the scousers after his Mum had sadly past away he became my joint all time favorite Chelsea player .. along with Zola.

His consistancy over so many seasons makes him the player of the Decade without a doubt.

Is there a stricker in world football with a better scoring record ? what is it about 6 or 7 seasons (?) with 20+ goals, I cant think of one.

Possibly the greatest player ever to pull on the shirt - if not the greatest then certainly top three.

Had a shocker against Spurs though - even Joe was better

Has his garden tools sponsored by 'ethicalvision'

No nomination for frank is almost as crazy that giggs won it last year with only playing 15 league games as starter and 13 as sub with 2 goals and only 7 assists????? HOw is this in any way representative of a good season when in that same season frankie had 37 league games all as starter no sub appearances had 12 goals and 10 assists. These stats are only for the league but still its a joke!

I think when he scored the pen against the scousers after his Mum had sadly past away he became my joint all time favorite Chelsea player .. along with Zola.

His consistancy over so many seasons makes him the player of the Decade without a doubt.

Is there a stricker in world football with a better scoring record ? what is it about 6 or 7 seasons (?) with 20+ goals, I cant think of one.

This is frankies 5th season of 20plus goals, and the season before that he got 19. Only one player comes to mind for a better goal scoring record and that is David Villa who has about 9seasons of 20plus goals.

Really good article but slightly inaccurate. When the journalist is comparing frankie to the nominees for the award he takes franks goal tally from all comps but uses the other players tally from only the league. Frank is actually on 18goals in that regard. Still a fantastic total, equal in fact with jermain Defoe.

I'd almost have to say that's my favourite moment since we last won the title, never forgive Andy Gray for f**king going on about Torres going off and ruining the moment.

Frank deserves a hell of a lot of credit. A lot of people in the media seem to dislike him for whatever reason. Probably because he is a Chelsea legend.

Once he retires, people will realise what is missing.

It scares me to think who would be able to replace him

He's having his best season, goals-wise, so far and considering a good part of the first few months of the season he had a very long dry spell because of being played at the tip of the diamond.....phenomenal.

• 2 weeks later...

21 goals to his name and 15 assists it is ridiculous how Frankie has not won any personal awards or special praise from anywhere. Question is: What does he need to do to get the accolade he deserves? He plays in the toughest league of the world. He also seems to score in crucial games as he did yesterday.

Hope he gets to lift the cup weekend to remind people he was the key ingredient to the success.

21 goals to his name and 15 assists it is ridiculous how Frankie has not won any personal awards or special praise from anywhere. Question is: What does he need to do to get the accolade he deserves? He plays in the toughest league of the world. He also seems to score in crucial games as he did yesterday.

Hope he gets to lift the cup weekend to remind people he was the key ingredient to the success.

To be fair he did get a Football Writers Association Award for Special Achievement back in Jan.

I know what you mean though. He is staggeringly amazing on a consistent basis. What gets me most is that he now he seems to get more credit and respect than he used to from people who have had a pop at him in the past - writers, fans etc but the thing is he isnt playing any better, just the same.

As Chelsea fans we know just how how good he was and is, it just seems people everywhere are starting to realise it too.

Archived