Terry reinstated as England captain

Jones1905

Finally, 1 year on, common sense has prevailed.

I always felt that it wasn't what Capello wanted. In my opinion he bowed to pressure from the FA and the media. Regardless of all that though, the main thing is England have, once again, got a proper captain.

The fact that Ferdinand didn't want to meet the England manager to discuss the issue of the England captaincy tells you all you need to know about Ferdinand.

Capello surprised me when he bowed to pressure and stripped Terry of the England captaincy and has at least now had the strength to correct his own error. Of course he can't admit it was an error and prefers to say that Terry has served his punishment but only an injury prone nut horder would deny that the right decision has been made.

Worryingly enough, my reaction was pretty much exactly the same as loz's, particularly regarding Capello's delivery of the most arrogant crawling back [with his tail decidedly not between his legs] I've ever seen.

Either way, this is good news for England and hopefully will inspire JT to new heights of brilliance.

I think its kind of sad how little how much he pours his heart out for his country and does whatever he can for them on the pitch, and yet by most will just get slagged for something that has never been proven and for being honest at a press conference he was asked to take questions at,..... yet despite how often I see `JT`s Mutiny` in the papers, not once do they mention the result of said `mutiny`.... the best performance by England at the tournament by miles...... but hey, somehow that proves JT isnt fit to lead......

Great to see the Chelsea captain back as England captain again.

Capello really is an idiot though. Not only should it have not happened in the first place, when the deed was done that should've been that, all over, finished. But now he has re-opened the saga again and he is just going to invite criticism upon himself. I cant seem him being in place for Euro 2012, i really cant.

Also, I feel for JT here, he did the 'crime' , got his 'punishment' and moved on. Eventually, everyone else did too. Now its a story again and its just going to mean he gets more press and limelight when he actually hasnt done anything to warrant it. Expect Ferdinand to start moaning now, most likely through his Twitter and i wonder who the press will side with ? Far too much importance i place on the English captaincy anyway and Capello has bought right into it. It just means it gives Henry Winter something to write and write and write about now...

Its all a very sorry affair and Cappello should be ashamed.

About from caring about how the Chelsea lot do (because i have to prepare to stick up for them) I despise everything about this England setup.

Its great JT is back where he belongs, but Capello is a complete idiot and far too easily influenced by the media. The fact he took the captaincy of JT in the first place was a joke, but to take it off him and saying it was because of morals to then give it to Ferdinand made him look stupid.

The fact that Ferdinand didn't want to meet the England manager to discuss the issue of the England captaincy tells you all you need to know about Ferdinand.

Capello surprised me when he bowed to pressure and stripped Terry of the England captaincy and has at least now had the strength to correct his own error. Of course he can't admit it was an error and prefers to say that Terry has served his punishment but only an injury prone nut horder would deny that the right decision has been made.

It's hardly surprising he is injury-prone if he has hordes of nuts - it probably takes all his strength to raise his arse from the chair. :laugh2:

JT should never have been sacked - it was a moronic decision for all the wrong reasons

He should tell Capello and the FA to shove the armband right up their incompetent arses and leave it to Plug the drug and 'third choice' bar room brawler to lead in-ger-lund to their inevitable under-performance and failure

f**k em all

I love all the people coming out and saying "If he wasn’t the right man a year ago why is he now?"

None of them appear to be smart or honest enough to admit that Capello made the wrong decision a year ago.....after all, what good came of JT being stripped of Captaincy? A fantastic World Cup? A convincing start to Euro qualifiers? Team unity? A ground swell of support from the fans? None of these resulted from John Terry's demotion.

It is very telling that perhaps the best England performance since JT was demoted, and certainly their best showing at the WC, came after the 1 game John Terry showed his leadership right before it.....The so called "mutiny". Although when the owners of the ship (The FA) and the Admiral (Capello) ask you to take the helm, to me it can hardly be labeled a mutiny.

Or we can realize that some of the greatest leaders in human history were, at the time, considered scum rebels/mutineers....

The picture below depicts how much effort JT puts in for the Country.

While the other guy is busy saving his balls , JT puts his head on the line of Duty.

Terry_England.jpg

Really Captain Fantasico ....take a Bow !!!

Edited by Jawan