Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

15 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Great mid-60s footage, featuring Tommy Baldwin's first goal for us. Ossie in great form, with a memorable hand gesture towards the City fans.

The next game, Ossie broke his leg which derailed our season. He was brilliant up until that point.

11 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

That looks like Piccadilly to me. ( Air France HQ )

Both firms met by chance at Piccadilly Circus tube leading to something like 100 arrests, so presumably this pic is just before.

It is Piccadilly. According to those that were there this photo was taken after they had "met" Leeds (some of them on the track).....This is Chelsea heading back to the Bridge for the game.

15 hours ago, erskblue said:

The first FA cup win to Chelsea Football Club history. Chelsea has playing with Leeds United. First match result 2-2, scorers.The rematch result 2-1 unto Chelsea withal extra time

Look at the state of the playing surface at Wembley,changed days,did they not used to have the Horse Show the week before the final ?

7 hours ago, Larky Blue said:

Look at the state of the playing surface at Wembley,changed days,did they not used to have the Horse Show the week before the final ?

You are right mate !

The Wembley pitch, after the game, was in such a bad condition that the FA  decided to stage the replay at Old Trafford . Had  to double check it !

Edited by erskblue

Eddie McCreadie on Billy Bremner, FA Cup final replay 1970
Leeds great Johnny Giles said there was always a "special sort of animosity" between the two sides. And the Cup final replay showed why, thanks to Eddie McCreadie's tackle on Billy Bremner. Not that the referee noticed by waving play on.

FA Cup Final replay, Old Trafford, 1970
We've seen the McCreadie tackle, now for the full highlights. After all, it is regarded as one of the dirtiest clashes of them all. With the first match ending in a 2-2 draw at Wembley, Old Trafford saw Chelsea lift the Cup, but not before headbutts and punches had been traded.

Well well.I got myself very excited and nostalgic while on YouTube  looking at all things spurs n Chelsea. Some will remember me going on about my first away trip from the bridge to spuds that I said was 67 68 time. I gave my 12 yr old memory of that day,,,,,,don't say it,,,,,,,,,,,,I told of seeing hundreds of  Chelsea down Tottenham high rd singing,,,,,,,, we hate Tottenham and rearranging their supporters club......I then told how I saw the Chelsea steam the park lane, run out to the shelf area then go back into the park lane as one hoard. I related I saw them cease fighting while innocents escaped down the middle of the 2 mobs.....well I found a brief film on YouTube of the event. I tried to lift it but could t..it's on YouTube, . Vintage film of spurs and Chelsea fans fighting. It doesn't show it as it was  but the gist is there. As I scrolled to the bottom where comments are made it was November 67. You'll see cops go in helping people to get out. What you won't see is the ferocity of it all..zigga

Edited by Mike Carefree

8 hours ago, Mike Carefree said:

Well well.I got myself very excited and nostalgic while on YouTube  looking at all things spurs n Chelsea. Some will remember me going on about my first away trip from the bridge to spuds that I said was 67 68 time. I gave my 12 yr old memory of that day,,,,,,don't say it,,,,,,,,,,,,I told of seeing hundreds of  Chelsea down Tottenham high rd singing,,,,,,,, we hate Tottenham and rearranging their supporters club......I then told how I saw the Chelsea steam the park lane, run out to the shelf area then go back into the park lane as one hoard. I related I saw them cease fighting while innocents escaped down the middle of the 2 mobs.....well I found a brief film on YouTube of the event. I tried to lift it but could t..it's on YouTube, . Vintage film of spurs and Chelsea fans fighting. It doesn't show it as it was  but the gist is there. As I scrolled to the bottom where comments are made it was November 67. You'll see cops go in helping people to get out. What you won't see is the ferocity of it all..zigga

Watched one earlier on youtube,enter FOOTBALL DISTURBANCE:SPURS V CHELSEA-NO SOUND.Dont know how to post but that might be it.

Edited by Larky Blue
pressed reply before I wrote anything

On 29/02/2012 at 04:58, GarryJones said:

20-39

Bain_JA

Bain_JA.jpg

Baker_BH

Baker_BH.jpg

Baldwin_T

Baldwin_T.jpg

Ballack_M

Ballack_M.jpg

Bambrick_J

Bambrick_J.jpg

Bannon_EJ

Bannon_EJ.jpg

Barber_GF

Barber_GF.jpg

Barkas_E

Barkas_E.jpg

Barnard_D

Barnard_D.jpg

Barness_A

Barness_A.jpg

Barota_P

Barota_P.jpg

Barraclough_W

Barraclough_W.jpg

Barrett_FK

Barrett_FK.jpg

Barron_J

Barron_J.jpg

Bason_B

Bason_B.jpg

Bathgate_S

Bathgate_S.jpg

Beasant_D

Beasant_D.jpg

Belletti_J

Belletti_J.jpg

Bellett_W

Bellett_W.jpg

Bell_JB

Bell_JB.jpg

There is a little mistake here:
Barota_P
It's Bo not Ba, Borota_P, This is him, he is from my country he died some years ago:

petar-borota-chelsea.jpg?007

The penalty arc (colloquially "the D") is marked from the outside edge of the penalty area, 9.15 metres (10 yd) from the penalty mark; this, along with the penalty area, marks an exclusion zone for all players other than the penalty kicker and defending goalkeeper during a penalty kick

Both the goal and penalty areas were formed as half circles until 1902.

Previously, penalty areas extended the width of the field, but were reduced to their current dimensions in 1901.

17 hours ago, Mike Carefree said:

That's been posted Mike

Its on the when was our mob at its peak thread.