Gary Speed has died

loz

I just cannot believe this. I am shocked and saddened at the tragic passing of a player I always respected and rated very highly, and from whom I was anticipating a fine managerial career. I would never have guessed by his conduct and constant professionalism that he was in emotional torment. A dark day for British football.

RIP Gary Speed - you shall be truly missed.

I just cannot believe this. I am shocked and saddened at the tragic passing of a player I always respected and rated very highly, and from whom I was anticipating a fine managerial career. I would never have guessed by his conduct and constant professionalism that he was in emotional torment. A dark day for British football.

RIP Gary Speed - you shall be truly missed.

Well said mate.

I've just been out talking to my next door neighbor about it, and we were both saying how decent, and

down to earth he always came across.

I feel devastated not only for him, but for his family.

Christ, and here we are worrying about a bit of bad form, puts it into perspective a bit.

You just never know do you? The secret curse that people carry with them, no matter what face they show to the outside world.

Must be a horrible place to be to prefer death. I feel truly sorry for his family and for him. The news of someone young passing away is always bad but it always seems worse when it is like this.