What is Burley's problem with us?

Myles_91

Not listening to 5Live commentary but read the transcript of what he said about AVB. I know he works for ChelseaTV but also does a lot of work for ESPN but he always comes across as vehemently anti-Chelsea. But why?

I vaguely remember him screwing up our chances in 96 FA Cup semi by backpassing to Beckham which eventually handed United the game late on and only a year later we went to Wembley and won the FA Cup without him in the picture and the rest is history, but why does this bitter man seem to despise us so much and more importantly why is he employed by the the club if this is the case?

He hates us, bu then again he hates pretty much everything to do with football. Which is strange considering its given him a great life. Bitter w**ker.

Used to really like him as a player. I do recall he got left out of the '94 FA Cup final squad when Hoddle dropped him in favour of himself. He was gutted to miss out 'cos he had a pretty decent season. Perhaps it still niggles him?!

Used to really like him as a player. I do recall he got left out of the '94 FA Cup final squad when Hoddle dropped him in favour of himself. He was gutted to miss out 'cos he had a pretty decent season. Perhaps it still niggles him?!

From what I can remember he was on the bench (alongside Hoddle in 1994), his irrational bitterness I think stems from 1997 when he was left out of the Cup final squad altogether (by Gullit)

He is so utterly bias against us so consistently it goes past being pathetic and just makes me feel sorry for him and his inability to move on.

From what I can remember he was on the bench (alongside Hoddle in 1994), his irrational bitterness I think stems from 1997 when he was left out of the Cup final squad altogether (by Gullit)

He is so utterly bias against us so consistently it goes past being pathetic and just makes me feel sorry for him and his inability to move on.

Good to have you back bjd

Cascarino was on the bench alongside Hoddle IIRC

He really got to me on 5live today.. (as it probably showed in the match thread!)

How the f**k does he work for Chelsea TV,

Tommy Langley got fired for speaking out of turn ?? That w**ker roasted us all game (whilst pissed apparently) let's hope the twat gets the boot.

Alan

Its not just Chelsea, when he was on Setanta I remember half a dozen games he covered when my team Sunderland were playing and he was always anti-Sunderland and never gave us praise.

My Newcastle Utd mates say the same.

I generally just think he is a tool.

No you're wrong there and so is your Newcastle mate. It's just Chelsea that the media hates.

Cascarino was on the bench alongside Hoddle IIRC

Yep you're right, I checked and Burley started the game, Hoddle and Cas came on as subs. Don't recall that at all, but to be fair I've tried to eradicate all memories of that awful day from my mind.

Edited by bjd

Much ado about nothing IMO. Just because he works for CTV i dont need him to portray us in a golden light all the time. Anyway...his criticism of the team are usually fairly justified. At the end of the day, if that is his opinion then he is entitled to it.

Much the same as most of what is spouted on here, it doesnt count for much and doesnt change anything in the grand scheme of things.

Anyone remember that absolute bollocking Hoddle gave him in 94 after he was subbed off v Spuds at the Bridge?????

Hoddle brought him off and as.he came over to the bench he must have said.something because next thing you know Hoddle launched him down the tunnel, never known Hoddle to lose his rag like that. He properly grabbed Burley and threw him like a rag doll, I even think Hod threw Burleys tracksuit top at him.

Was in the East that day, I doubt many in the ground saw it or heard it, there was no write up in the paper that I recall.

One of the stranger things I seen following Chelsea over the years.

Agree I thought it was just me, as he always comes across as very neagative towards Chelsea. he is NOT constructive in his criticism either, just blatantly ANTI !!

Slightly off topic, and in terms of ex Chelsea players & pundits, has Tommy Langley been sacked by the Club? A pal told me yesterday that he was openly critical of AVB on CTV and was sacked immediately after the show. He was very good as a pundit and often spoke what we were thinking.

Much ado about nothing IMO. Just because he works for CTV i dont need him to portray us in a golden light all the time. Anyway...his criticism of the team are usually fairly justified. At the end of the day, if that is his opinion then he is entitled to it.

Much the same as most of what is spouted on here, it doesnt count for much and doesnt change anything in the grand scheme of things.

Nothing counts for much or changes anything in the GRAND SCHEME of things. But much of what is "spouted" , as you put it, on here, is apposite and objective.

Of course he is entitled to his opinion - and we're entitled to our opinion of him.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Craig+Burley+...+on+Gullit,+Celtic+and+that+slope+at+Easter+Road!%3B...-a061130670

There were no "good luck" wishes from Chelsea manager Ruud Gullit when Craig BurleyCraig William Burley (born on April 24, 1971 in Ayr) is a former Scottish footballer and is the nephew of current Southampton F.C. manager, George Burley.

A midfielder, Burley started his career with Chelsea.

..... Click the link for more information. was transferred to Celtic for pounds 2 million a week ago - and that hurt the big Scot a little bit.

"I don't think he knew that I had been interviewed by Celtic," said Burley

as he settled in at Parkhead with Wim Jansen's other new recruits.

"He asked me how my injury was when he learned I hadn't been training. But I didn't have an injury. I had been negotiating my move to Celtic.

`Most of the lads wished me the best of luck, but that didn't include the boss - he's not a hands on manager."

Burley was convinced that his days with Chelsea were over after being dropped for the FA Cup Final against Middlesbrough.

Seems Burkly really wanted the Cup winners medal.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Craig_Burley

Controversies

On the 9th January 2012, the BBC began an investigation into complaints received about Burley's appearance on BBC Radio 5 Live during the Chelsea vs Portsmouth FA 3rd round tie the previous weekend. Listeners complained that Burley was "noticeably drunk" whilst on air, though the BBC declined to comment until its investigation has been completed. [6]

Edited by BlueSkies