Who do you blame the most ...

barak81

Who would you get rid of!  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you get rid of!

• AVB
    • "The old gaurd"
    • Roman

So the genneral conencis is things could be better then they are right now, Joint 4th in the league, still in the FA cup, and still in with a shout in the CL?

Well I have seen alot worse but its not the point.

There seems to be a fair ammount of mud flying about but who is it sticking to the most.

If you had to get rid of one of the 3 above who would it be:

AVB and the "project" has made some interesting team selections and has made the deadly sin of not always picking lamps, cole and drogba. Also droping torres ( I find this bit funny, if he drops Torres its a big deal and the worst thing in the world, if he drops drogba like wise, the saying damnded if i do.... comes to mind.)

Depite sighning matta and Romeu he has also brought marelis in who is not going to be the player to push us up the leage and he continues to play malouda and bossingwa. On the other hand i believe is good qualitys shine through, he will do things his way, he is his own man and in time he will get the players he needs to execute the type of football he believes will win big things. That team currently is clearly not in place yet. Given time we could have the right man to start a proper legacy. However if you boot him out think about who you would bring in to replace him, no hiddink, no Jose...? capello is availible but its another quick fix really and he may not want to work.

The old gaurd who reportadly think the 0's at the end of there pay cheque should garantee them a starting place and arnt scared to say it, no matter how much it devides the chaging room. most of them IMO past the peak of there powers and stagnating the progression of this team. (ps did canagni remind any one of drogba 3 years ago??) on the flip side is they have done so much for us and a few of them will be chelsea legends now.

And finaly Roman who is quite happy to make vanity buys (apparently) when ever it suits him regardless of the managers wants and wishes. Keeps two complete stuges in jobs and is happy to have emmanulo doing somthing that closely resemebles doing nothing (the bonus here is that he takes them with him) but then the money goes as well, we may get a big buyer but there is no garantees?

I think the fact that we are asking this question is demonstrative of the wider problem - with a mentality such as this it's gonna soon start feeling like we're wired to fail. Clearly everyone on that list is partly responsible for our recent problems, just as they have been part of the club's strength at various points in the past.

The real question we should be asking is 'Who is going to be part of the solution?'. If 'AVB' or 'the old guard' don't come up on the answers to that then it is perhaps then that we should start looking at large personnel overhauls.

Without inside knowledge its hard to Judge who is most at fault but I'd say each of your choices Barak,

The question being "who would you get rid of" is the hard part for me as I think the one party we can't afford to get rid of could be the one causing (or not putting a stop to ) the problem.

Roman chose this Manager and brought him here with a long term plan, imo he has not had enough time here to do much more that start things rolling and already his head is on the block, the media are slaughtering him and hes been a dead man walking longer than Boris Karlof...if the players (old guard) are undermining him then for me they should be reprimanded and the manager can't do much reprimanding to players who possibly believe they have more clout than he does.

so to weigh it up, for me some players need to go before this team will start to grow but not because of the situation, more because it really is time that if they won't play a lesser role to the best of their abilities and help us bring some youngsters through while they sit out here and there we are never going to move on.

Blame for me lies in the owner because with a few choice words he could let the players and the press know where the manager stands by backing him and saying he has two years here.

the players then would do their best for him with some respect and the press would get of his and the teams back helping to calm the nerves a bit.

Sorry, Roman is culpable in EVERYTHING that has gone right AND wrong at our Club in the last few years.

Without him, we wouldn't be having this discussion but...........................................................................!!

Think about :

Arrivals that we did not want/need:

Peter Kenyon

Ron Gourlay

Avram Grant

Big Phil Scolari

AVB ???

Michael Emanalo

Exits that we did not want/need :

Jose Mourninho

Carlo Ancelotti

Ray Wilkins

Guus Hiddink

This is a collection of ridiculously poor decisions, and it does not appear that he is learning any lessons from them.

Really sorry Guys, it just has to be Roman

villas boas unquestionably.

roman has done nothing this season that directly would hurt the results.

the players are largely not good enough or past their best. but it's funny that this supposed monstrous 'player power' only seems to be an issue with weak managers. you don't lose a dressing room through dislike. there can't be more than 15 players who actively like capello having worked with him. but he didn't lose dressing rooms. you lose dressing rooms by demonstrating legitimate weaknesses. this group of players is not simply malevolent and out of control. they are not egotistical more than any other set of players who have been successful (and therefore know what that requires).

the whole idea that they are rebelling because they know avb wants to replace them is nonsense. playing poorly makes it more likely they will go, regardless of who is in charge. the whole world is watching, and it has reached a consensus: we need to replace and rebuild. these players are in the autumn or winter of their careers. not many international tournaments remain for them to go to. not many chances at the champions league remain for them to chase. at this point, players who clearly still have ambitions for the remainder of their time as top level footballers have a huge huge incentive to play well. the fact they cannot under the current manager indicates how discouraged they must be. how lacking in form and confidence they are. how little faith they have in their manager.

this isn't a side that could win the title under any manager. but this isn't what everyone was saying upon avb's appointment. it certainly isn't what villas boas himself said. as we've got worse and worse the manager has adjusted his targets. we can win the title. we could win the title. we're still in 4 competitions. well, 3 now. okay we're in 2. we'll finish in the top four for sure. this is a long term project. 3 years. etc.

The Board, so in a way, Roman.

But the trigger happy firing of managers is never going to help.

Then to See Gourlay sitting shaking his head next to JT in the stands is not good either. The Board and players should not be that close.

The problem is a failed team strategy that goes back several years.

Rather than refresh the squad on a steady basis, too much was expected of the youth system and Frank Arnesen. But no youngsters are making a strong claim for a starting role. Therefore, the old familiars have held on, year after year.

It took a few years to get here, it will take a few years to get out of it again.

ps Any talk about losing a dressing room has to go back to Carlo, who was accused of the same thing. Is he weak?

So the genneral conencis is things could be better then they are right now, Joint 4th in the league, still in the FA cup, and still in with a shout in the CL?

Well I have seen alot worse but its not the point.

There seems to be a fair ammount of mud flying about but who is it sticking to the most.

If you had to get rid of one of the 3 above who would it be:

AVB and the "project" has made some interesting team selections and has made the deadly sin of not always picking lamps, cole and drogba. Also droping torres ( I find this bit funny, if he drops Torres its a big deal and the worst thing in the world, if he drops drogba like wise, the saying damnded if i do.... comes to mind.)

Depite sighning matta and Romeu he has also brought marelis in who is not going to be the player to push us up the leage and he continues to play malouda and bossingwa. On the other hand i believe is good qualitys shine through, he will do things his way, he is his own man and in time he will get the players he needs to execute the type of football he believes will win big things. That team currently is clearly not in place yet. Given time we could have the right man to start a proper legacy. However if you boot him out think about who you would bring in to replace him, no hiddink, no Jose...? capello is availible but its another quick fix really and he may not want to work.

The old gaurd who reportadly think the 0's at the end of there pay cheque should garantee them a starting place and arnt scared to say it, no matter how much it devides the chaging room. most of them IMO past the peak of there powers and stagnating the progression of this team. (ps did canagni remind any one of drogba 3 years ago??) on the flip side is they have done so much for us and a few of them will be chelsea legends now.

And finaly Roman who is quite happy to make vanity buys (apparently) when ever it suits him regardless of the managers wants and wishes. Keeps two complete stuges in jobs and is happy to have emmanulo doing somthing that closely resemebles doing nothing (the bonus here is that he takes them with him) but then the money goes as well, we may get a big buyer but there is no garantees?

'Despite signing Mata' by any chance?

EB - I didnt vote for him, i think you get the money there is a bit of stuff you have to take with it. But he is a votable option.

That's true mate, but I doubt we'd have half of the players or the manager here that are part of this without Roman. I'm by no means happy with the constant firing of manager but I'd put that under the 'bit of stuff you have to take with it' that you mentioned, because at the end of the day some of these big name managers wouldn't be here if not for Roman IMO.

The fans. Yep the current fan base are to blame in my opinion, for about 3 years (at least) most people have recognised the need for the squad to evolve, and many have stated that they would accept a season of two where we're not realistically challenging for top honours while we change the squad. Then it starts to happen, we've got a very different starting 11 this season to previous seasons and people are calling for the managers head because we're not challenging??? More importantly though, at the start of the season when things first started going a bit wrong people started crying out for the old guard to be re-installed into the team. If the fans can start to accept that we need wholesale changes and the less successful seasons that will go with that, maybe RA and the board will start to accept it, and you never know we might even get a manager that's given the time to make those changes.

When we were sh*t we were famed for having a good set of fans. Oh how things change!

The fans. Yep the current fan base are to blame in my opinion, for about 3 years (at least) most people have recognised the need for the squad to evolve, and many have stated that they would accept a season of two where we're not realistically challenging for top honours while we change the squad. Then it starts to happen, we've got a very different starting 11 this season to previous seasons and people are calling for the managers head because we're not challenging??? More importantly though, at the start of the season when things first started going a bit wrong people started crying out for the old guard to be re-installed into the team. If the fans can start to accept that we need wholesale changes and the less successful seasons that will go with that, maybe RA and the board will start to accept it, and you never know we might even get a manager that's given the time to make those changes.

When we were sh*t we were famed for having a good set of fans. Oh how things change!

It's a sh*te that you can't "LIKE" a post more than once. This, in a nutshell, is it. Cracking post Barn.