• Lampard
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • sturridge
    • Kalou
    • Cahill
    • Malouda
    • Ramires

A good result in the end but a pretty casual performance which we are fortunate didn't bite us on the rear end. With Arsenal losing that would have been a criminal two points dropped.

Ivan's two goals must make him a clear candidate for man of the match however I have gone for Mata who I felt, before he was taken off, was pulling all the strings for us.

Great to see Torres finally getting a league goal but it was far from his best performance although that could be aimed at a number of players.

Terry for me, apart from 10 mins most of the players did ok i thought though. Still disapointed with the midfield at times though particulary when Villa put the pressure on - surely the area that needs to be first looked at in the Summer.

Edited by bjd

Mata for me, after looking tired last time he certainly upped his game, could have easily been dropped points and I hope the we've done enough attitude doesn't come again, against a better team that would have been points thrown away.

Still disapointed with the midfield at times though particulary when Villa put the pressure on - surely the area that needs to be first looked at in the Summer.

We have a good player and his name is Romeu. What's happened to him?

Injured.

Are you sure about that ? I thought he was back fully fit last week. I just cant understand whats happened to his position in the squad the past two months.

I thought RDM had said last week before the Benfica game that Romeu was still out? Or was it last weekends game when he said it? Either way, he defintely said it with in the last week or so.

I went for Torres. He was involved in all the goals, finished his beautifully and considering the shift he put in mid week he lasted very well.

Also-rans are obviously Ivan, who did well to score two, however I think a lot of our problems at the end were caused by poor positioning from him which soured his performance a little.

Mata was a nice surprise - I thought he wouldn't be in the starting 11 looking at how tired he seemed against Benfica, but he did well, and his control was, as usual, superb.

Are you sure about that ? I thought he was back fully fit last week. I just cant understand whats happened to his position in the squad the past two months.

I remember Di Matteo saying last week that he was just back from a knee injury. Maybe he's not back to match fitness yet, so was dropped in favor of Essien on the bench?

I voted Torres, for the assist and the goal. Ivanovic scored well, obviously, but he looked painful late in the match at right back. Mata also had an outstanding match until he was rested.

I thought Torres was great, despite waited 90 minutes to score the goal. For the first time, he was able to make movement in the middle and receive passes and crosses, and his near post flick scared the s* out of Villa. 2 desperate piece of defendings stopped him from scoring, but that's what happen when you are down on your luck. I reckon the goal will do him loads of good, next time he will keep the nerve down a bit and place the ball like he did back to his hay days. Great pass by Sturridge at the end, it looked simple but a lot of players would have gone for the goal and messed it up.

Some good perfomances out there,well done Mata & Ivan,but I'll give my Motm to Nando.

He made spaces for himself,got himself in front of goal more often than not & made the Villa defense look nervous at times.

Plus he helped in 2 goals & scored 1 for himself with a superbly placed shot. I suspect earlier in the season, he would have looked to have squared the ball rather than shoot so hopefully, the sign's that his confiedence is returning & we are finally seeing the 'real' Torres at long last.

Well done to him.