Our Youth on Loan

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sunderland-target-chelseas-christian-atsu-4722470

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/542025/Chelsea-Christian-Atsu-Everton-Sunderland-Loan-Recall-Ghana-Stars-Update-Latest

We're threatening to recall Christian Atsu from Everton unless he receives more playing time. Apparently Sunderland are interested in him on a loan deal even though he's at Everton in a season-loan deal. 

Because you never know. He could have been a wonderkid and broke into our starting 11 like Oscar did or he might have been an ok player that we could have made a profit on like KDB was.

But he was already 22 when we bought him, so he was already a "foreign" player as apposed to an Under 21 taking up a valuable squad place and by his age you can generally see how talented a player is by that point, there aren't that many late bloomers, especially wingers. 

Generally we are buying Under 21's and I can't see why the club went against their own recruitment policy for Atsu. 

Just a bizarre signing by all counts. 

It's upsetting, why don't Chelsea recall him?

So he can come here and not play? Doesnt really matter much. I guess we can always loan him out to a Championship side so he can get some games. I think the club over estimated his level and if he had a good loan spell in Germany some team might offer a decent fee for him, Championship would have been more suited for him, but potential reward just wasnt there

Hes a hell of a goalscorer at that level, I would love to see  him on loan at a prem team for the second half of the season so we get to see if he is good enough at this level.

Hes a hell of a goalscorer at that level, I would love to see him on loan at a prem team for the second half of the season so we get to see if he is good enough at this level.

Was just coming to post something similar! I don't think he has much chance of a 1st team squad place until he has scored a few in the prem. Not sure where he would get game time for anyone though. Even the worst prem teams have strikers that would be ahead of him like ings, chamahk, Austin.

Really like him as a player though.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know how Van Ginkel is doing?>

"In December Van Ginkel sustained a right ankle injury in training which is expected to rule him out until February. He had made two Serie A appearances prior to the injury. " 

On Chelsea's website. Didn't know he had another injury after the one in September/October. Looks like he'll only make a handful of appearances for them during the season. Pity.

Muntari tackled him on his right ankle in training. Van Ginkel was furious and didn't want to speak to him, lol. I can understand it though, it really is a shame he has so much bad luck. According to Dutch media he is fit for the Milan-game in january against Sassuolo. Hope he gets the chance to play a serious run of matches from then to show what he is able to.