Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Tremendous!.Torres and the centre back should be making the same run.Torres to pounch,if the keeper parries the ball to the feet of a proper centre forward and a proper centre half to stop that from happening!.as for fully supporting every player that pulls on a Chelsea shirt,should we have fully supported malouda?.like Torres another player who's attitude stank

L

What was wrong with supporting Malouda at the time ? i thought he was ok for us, especially when we won the double.

Guest RFC_CFC

What was wrong with supporting Malouda at the time ? i thought he was ok for us, especially when we won the double.

Exactly.

How does Torres's attitude stink exactly? I would find it hard to imagine Carlo and Jose would pick a player 'who's attitude stank' to start games.

It's exactly as Nibs pointed out, people just using Torres to blame everything on because he has not lived up to what he was.

It's pathetic from so called Chelsea fans.

Guest RFC_CFC

You are so right!!!!

I dont believe in just because someone plays for Chelsea that they deserve our full support.

Says it all then and backs up my thoughts on you.

Thanks god the Chelsea boys I surround myself with are nothing like you.

Isnt that the very definition of the word "Supporter"? Unbelievable isn't it. 

I think its quite sad that some modern fans first move when a player hits a bad patch is to slag them off and boo them, not support them and try and help through. This doesn't really equate to Torres though who at matches has been well backed during the majority of his time with us. But the abuse Malouda got a times was unbelievable.

Edited by dkw

Not wanting Torres to play doesn't equate to wanting him to fail.  Stop reframing the issue to gain some sort of moral high ground, it's just intellectually dishonest.  Nobody wants Chelsea players to fail,

Castiel, I have a lot of respect for your posts but sorry, do me a favour and glance back at some of the 400 odd pages (I know, I can't be bothered either!).

But honestly, there are those who now hate Torres so much and hold him responsible for all manner of issues, that I firmly believe they would rather see us fail than us have success that can be any way attributed to Torres. That is certainly what comes over in their posts and it's pretty sad and petty imo. I know I have players who I haven't rated (Kalou and Mikel to name but two) but I give / gave them credit when credit's due and at least try and be balanced.

Edited by Nibs

It's quotes like these that completely sum up this thread. If you think playing for a club like hull is the same as playing for a club like chelsea you need your head checking. Long is still a good striker and I'm certain that if he played 3 years for Chelsea he would do a hell lot more than Torres. 

People need to show a bit more respect to Long and stop comparing him to players like Torres who play in front of some of the best attacking midfielders in the Prem. Just because he is not some fancy Spanish international doesn't mean that in the EPL he is not just as good as the Chelsea Torres we have all witness miss countless chances over the years. 

On a more serious note the only trophy to which Torres massively contributed is the Europa League - his contribution in our CL and FA Cup wins is comparable to Bosingwa  

Very clever how long did this one take to think up?

Back to the point about contributing to trophies just because he didn't get the goals in the champions league doesn't mean he didn't contribute to them in a big way. Was very good when he came on as a sub against napoli when we were level. Played a big part in our win away at benfica and scored the goal at barcelona which meant we avoided any repeat of the devestating last minute goal which would knock us out. Then when he came on in the final against bayern he was very good again and yes drogba scored the goal but I very much doubt we would of had that corner in the first place if bertrand was still on the pitch.

My point is he has given us good times in a chelsea shirt and our own fans slagging him of non stop saying he has been sh*t ever since joining are morons in my opinion and are ungrateful. Makes you wonder if they would stick around when we eventually hit a rough patch. By rough patch I don't mean losing a couple of games in a row I mean a real rough patch like dropping down the table.

My point is he has given us good times in a chelsea shirt and our own fans slagging him of non stop saying he has been sh*t ever since joining are morons in my opinion and are ungrateful. Makes you wonder if they would stick around when we eventually hit a rough patch. By rough patch I don't mean losing a couple of games in a row I mean a real rough patch like dropping down the table.

Yeah weren't you the guy who called Schurrle sh*t during our last match?  

Like I've said in the FA Cup and CL - Torres contributed about as much as Bosingwa. That's my opinion on the matter. I supported a lot of players which doesn't be the case with you - all do you do is defend Torres but it's quite alright for you to call other player sh*t/crap etc. 

Edited by Las7

Guest RFC_CFC

Like I've said in the FA Cup and CL - Torres contributed about as much as Bosingwa. That's my opinion on the matter. I supported a lot of players which doesn't be the case with you - all do you do is defend Torres but it's quite alright for you to call other player sh*t/crap etc.

To be fair to Bluehatter I have seen him frequently in the match day threads comment on how bad Torres has been in certain games and our need for a good striker.

No one is expecting anyone to get Torres 9 on the back of their shirts or get streamers while singing a Torres song but to see the same posters over and over again posting the same things in here is quite frankly boring and uncalled for.

He has been called lazy and what not by many on here yet the best manager in the world has said Torres trains and works as hard as anyone in the squad.

He's not a world class striker anymore...yes we know and very few of us expect anything like what he done before but he does try and continues to do so. So when you come on here and see after a good perfromance like at the weekend the same posters are taking cheap shots just because they dislike him it's pretty pathetic in many peoples eyes.

Wtf are you on about? I was actually the one quoting people saying schurrle was sh*t and laughing at them. Go and take a look at the thread again if you don't believe me. Good way to go of topic though and not actually answer the point I made

I`m not sure if your claiming Bosingwa did very little during our CL win?

Now I though he was important especially in the semi final and final; I though Torres was an important member of the squad as well; just don't see how either was massively important for us or integral in those wins. 

Wtf are you on about? I was actually the one quoting people saying schurrle was sh*t and laughing at them. Go and take a look at the thread again if you don't believe me. Good way to go of topic though and not actually answer the point I made

fair enough I was thinking about timetowaste 

Now I though he was important especially in the semi final and final; I though Torres was an important member of the squad as well; just don't see how either was massively important for us or integral in those wins. 

Seriously? Bosinga was outstanding in both the semi final and final. Of course he was bloody integral to the win. Jesus, the lengths some people will go to disparage a player. If you dont like him fine, but rewriting history to suit your agenda just makes you look bitter and idiotic.

Seriously? Bosinga was outstanding in both the semi final and final. Of course he was bloody integral to the win. Jesus, the lengths some people will go to disparage a player. If you dont like him fine, but rewriting history to suit your agenda just makes you look bitter and idiotic.

To me integral in our CL victory were Drogba; Lamps; Rambo; Cech. 

Please continue with the insults - I at least bother to learn players names. 

I don't see how Bosingwa was integral considering he was not even in the first team for the large majority of knock out matches; he was important after Terry and Cahill's red cards against Barca. I certainly rate his importance above Torres personally but that doesn't mean I rate him on the same level as Drogba; Lamps; Rambo or Cech. Those players were integral - we wouldn't even be in the Semi final if it wasn't for them overturning the tie against Napoli and than they were also our best players in the semi and final. 

Edited by Las7

Guest RFC_CFC

To me integral in our CL victory were Drogba; Lamps; Rambo; Cech.

Please continue with the insults - I at least bother to learn players names

I'm pretty sure Ramires wasn't named 'Rambo' or Lampard 'Lamps'.

Yes it's petty but it seems that's where we are headed here....

Ah resorting to pointing out a spelling mistake, well done you. He played almost the entire semi final out of position after chill got injured and the final and was outstanding. If that isn't integral then I don't know what is.

Ah resorting to pointing out a spelling mistake, well done you. He played almost the entire semi final out of position after chill got injured and the final and was outstanding. If that isn't integral then I don't know what is.

I didn't bother to call you bitter and idiotic for not agreeing with your view of events but I can change my mind about that. Like I've said I view about 4 players integral for our CL victory if you find that offensive - very well carry on being outraged 

i'll be honest, at £250,000 a week i think hard work is the bare minimum that we can ask for! hard work should be free, you pay extra for some quality, which unfortunately he has never really delivered. i will still support him, as he will only be even worse if the fans get on his back, but i wont be too upset if/when he goes. hoping we sign a top striker in the summer as it is so obvious to everyone we need one. 

i understand what your saying but its not really his fault he gets paid that much. He doesn't go on a football pitch and purposely try's not to score. I think he does work and try his hardest but unfortunately his best isn't good enough and at the end of the day that's all you can ask of someone is that they give there best.

Guest RFC_CFC

Who will end up being the lucky team this summer to purchase his services? Italy? Back to Spain maybe? Would be interesting to see him at another prem club but I doubt it

A slower league would be ideal for him.

Not wanting Torres to play doesn't equate to wanting him to fail. Stop reframing the issue to gain some sort of moral high ground, it's just intellectually dishonest. Nobody wants Chelsea players to fail, but many are tired of seeing him flop around the pitch sulking, waiting in hope for that one game in 10 where he'll actually do something productive. The other day he literally got into Hazard's way. Against Fulham he had no excuse to not make the run Schurrle did when Hazard played the through ball, why couldn't he have made that same run? Why was he completely static? Why didn't he make any run, even to try to draw a defender? Why is he walking?

schurrtkjk7.gif

The very fact that sometimes he does play well, like against City at home, makes it more infuriating to watch him because it proves that a lot of the time he just can't be arsed. Eto'o and Ba at least give their best. Eto'o is just a spent force and Ba is a bit of a donkey, but they can't be accused of laziness.

They say a picture paints a thousand words.like a Sunday league player,shocking, really shocking.if we think this is acceptable from a premier league player,never mind a title challenging team player god help us. Edited by kevin o'kane

Torres has had his moments, in the champions league campaign, what he contribuited was hunger, especially for the pretty bad moments he had... he is hard working, nobody can't deny that, it's just that he doesn't has that hunger anymore, shurlle show it with the run!! he wants to be in the first team, torres it's just that, the hunger isn't there anymore