Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

If Torres leaves in the Summer, what will be his top 3 moments with us? 

1) Goal v Barca 

2) Goal in Europa league final

3) Goal v Bayern / Super Cup

Really struggling to think of many top class performances. Yes there have been some great goals and moments of brilliance but I can only think of individual moments - rather than a whole performance. I think it kind of sums up Torres time here with us..

1) Goal v Barca

Really struggling to think of many top class performances. Yes there have been some great goals and moments of brilliance but I can only think of individual moments - rather than a whole performance. I think it kind of sums up Torres time here with us..

His winner against city is a pretty important one for us surely?

He seemed aggrevated the entire time he was on the pitch. 

I don't know whats bothering him... It can't be the not scoring, he's been at that for a while now.

Well he's been match fit or a couple of weeks now, and yet he's still restricted to the bench in favour of the mostly ineffective Eto'o, who doesn't have the kind of pace Torres has anymore. It must be a bit frustrating for him.

In all honesty I can't see him still being here next season.

1) Goal v Barca 

Once he leaves, his top moment for me will always be him walking out of Stamford Bridge for the last time and me never having to cry tears of disbelief at watching him play ever again.

1) Goal v Barca 

QPR hat trick?

Torres can put in a shift for the Team but will never become the player we paid all that money for. He won't be easy to shift in the summer too because of his wages ..

Flog him back to Atletico, even on loan would be nice. Rumblings that Valencia are in for him as they are set for a billionaire take-over.

The gifs start right after the contact was made.

He did exaggarate the contact and it probably wasnt a foul, but he did get clipped

Whats embarassing here is the gif makers agenda and the petty tricks he uses

Exactly and the fact that the original poster chose to leave out the contact is odd (unless he did not know of course). Looks unecessarily bad out of context.

Torres is so slow now though, he's lost all the acceleration he had at Liverpool. Painful to watch our strikers at the moment. I hope Eto'o can pull something out of the bag vs Gala

What I don't get is sometimes in the odd game he does have it, so its all abit strange isn't it? He sometimes still pulls it out and then next game he can't do it. What's that all about? Adrenaline or something? Its really odd

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

What I don't get is sometimes in the odd game he does have it, so its all abit strange isn't it? He sometimes still pulls it out and then next game he can't do it. What's that all about? Adrenaline or something? Its really odd

I completely agree. People can say he's sh*t all they want or that he's a "confidence player" but that doesn't cut it for me. To those of you who think he is no longer capable of his performances of old, what about our game against Man City at the Bridge earlier this season? How did he "magically" turn into "the Torres of old?"

And more importantly, where did all that pace (against City) come from? I'm not trying to defend him, I'm really not. I do however wish I could understand what goes on in his mind that affects him to such an extent.

I completely agree. People can say he's sh*t all they want or that he's a "confidence player" but that doesn't cut it for me. To those of you who think he is no longer capable of his performances of old, what about our game against Man City at the Bridge earlier this season? How did he "magically" turn into "the Torres of old?"

And more importantly, where did all that pace (against City) come from? I'm not trying to defend him, I'm really not. I do however wish I could understand what goes on in his mind that affects him to such an extent.

Exactly you can't just suddenly be faster like that, its really strange with him.

I'm hoping he goes in the Summer tbh unfortunately we'll always look back and say he wasn't goid enough but at least he has the Europa League performances, the goal against Barca and let us not forget he won the corner in the Champions League final.

Exactly you can't just suddenly be faster like that, its really strange with him.

I'm hoping he goes in the Summer tbh unfortunately we'll always look back and say he wasn't goid enough but at least he has the Europa League performances, the goal against Barca and let us not forget he won the corner in the Champions League final.

The fact his pace is so up and down says to me he is protecting an injury or not fully confident in an old injury, hamstrings perhaps.

The fact his pace is so up and down says to me he is protecting an injury or not fully confident in an old injury, hamstrings perhaps.

Just about to say that. It really does seem like he is holding something back to protect that dodgy knee of his. He always takes at least 5 games after an injury to get into some kind of form. And then just when it looks like he is at full pelt his knee plays up again and he has another 2-3 week lay off