Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

In Torres' defence he, like Drogba, usually performs in the big matches. European finals etc..

Probably one of very few comparisons I could make between the two

You have to be f**kin sh*ttin us? Right?

Jesus H Christ! You should be banned for that statement.

You have to be f**kin sh*ttin us? Right?

Jesus H Christ! You should be banned for that statement.

Ban me? are you joking?

Torres scored in last years Europa League final. He scored in the 2008 and 2012 European championship final. was Spain's top scorer in the 2006 world cup, Scored against Barca at the Nou Camp in the 2012 CL semi final.

I stick by my statement that Torres performs in the big matches. 

Guest RFC_CFC

Ban me? are you joking?

Torres scored in last years Europa League final. He scored in the 2008 and 2012 European championship final. was Spain's top scorer in the 2006 world cup, Scored against Barca at the Nou Camp in the 2012 CL semi final.

I stick by my statement that Torres performs in the big matches.

Performs is a stretch.

In his time at Chelsea he has been below average the vast majority of times against the Arsenals, City's, Uniteds ect.

To compare him to Drogba in a big match situation is crazy mate, Torres whilst trying hard no doubt is nowhere near that level for us. Yes his scoring for Spain is good or was good anyway but he probably won't even make the squad for the World Cup which tells its own story.

Thought he showed more in his brief spell today than Eto'o did up top but that's not saying much.

Performs is a stretch.

In his time at Chelsea he has been below average the vast majority of times against the Arsenals, City's, Uniteds ect.

To compare him to Drogba in a big match situation is crazy mate, Torres whilst trying hard no doubt is nowhere near that level for us. Yes his scoring for Spain is good or was good anyway but he probably won't even make the squad for the World Cup which tells its own story.

Thought he showed more in his brief spell today than Eto'o did up top but that's not saying much.

Completely agree. When I said 'big match' situation I didn't mean at Chelsea i just meant in general. Obviously In big matches at Chelsea Didier is unrivalled

He's being paid millions of pounds a year to kick a damn ball, so that's no excuse. I know i could put friendship aside if i was being paid that amount of money per year. 

i dont think the money is the only factor for his excuse NOT to be depressed looking..Im sure all footballers , and anyone that does enjoy a job they do also take pride in doing so week in week out...Im sure hes unhappy looking coz he isnt achieving what he should...Being paid thousands would embarass me if i wasnt seen to be doing what im paid to do.

I suspect he knows he'll be gone by the end of the season. Or at the very least be benched a lot due to a new top striker coming in. It's all a bit sad but I suppose he was never going to reach the dizzy heights he reached at Liverpool. But he can say he has won three trophies here (perhaps more if our luck is in this season).

I suspect he knows he'll be gone by the end of the season. Or at the very least be benched a lot due to a new top striker coming in. It's all a bit sad but I suppose he was never going to reach the dizzy heights he reached at Liverpool. But he can say he has won three trophies here (perhaps more if our luck is in this season).

He's stil got a year left on his current contract at the end of this season.  I think the club will want to get rid of him, offload wages and get something for him while they still can.  However, I expect Nando will want to see out his contract and make the most of the money we're giving him.  I suspect he knows that he's on the decline, so unless some Qatar or Russian club comes in and offers silly money, then his next move will be a big step down in pay

He's stil got a year left on his current contract at the end of this season.  I think the club will want to get rid of him, offload wages and get something for him while they still can.  However, I expect Nando will want to see out his contract and make the most of the money we're giving him.  I suspect he knows that he's on the decline, so unless some Qatar or Russian club comes in and offers silly money, then his next move will be a big step down in pay

Is only 1 year left on his deal? Though he signed a 5 and a half year contract when we signed him?

If anyone thinks torres will just stay to pick up his wage packet they are wrong. it's funny because people will moan that he looks unhappy when he is on the bench but in the same sentence they will claim he is happy to stay at a place where he knows he won't be playing. If jose tells him he isn't in his plans next year you can be sure as hell torres won't be sticking around. And the stuff about no club other than a rich russian club would take him is complete tosh. He will get plenty of offers around europe

At least Ba can hit the target, Torres loses the ball long before he even gets sight of goal. Ba just hasn't been given a decent chance with us where as Torres has had far too much of a chance.

Can he? Two things usually happen when Ba shoots, it either ends up near the corner flag or he ends up on his arse....sometimes both.

Edited by timetowaste