Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Don't believe anyone can criticize Torres over his performance last night, Eva clearly said he should be taken off but Jose told him to just stay on and stand next to one of United's midfielders to at least mark 1 guy of the game, even though he can't really run.

Jose said he did a ligament in his knee and will be out for weeks.

Still that's one way of avoiding a transfer this January... :rolleyes:

Probably when he was tackling Hazard.

Was he injured when he came on? He looked alright walking off at the end. To be honest I couldn't care less.

What a nice sentiment.

A shame that he was injured as he seemed to have a bit of form. Hopefully he'll be back in the mix soon.

In the meantime it'll be good to see Ba to get some game time.

Yawn.

Was at the game yesterday and watched our 2nd choice no:9 warm up on the sidelines very closely. He didn't look a happy bunny and when he came on he was very rubbish. Injury, no injury, a face like a slapped arse? No acknowledgement of his fellow players, fans or his manager at the end. As I said, I really couldn't care less about him. Thought he had turned a corner against the yods and Citeh and defended him earlier in the season but he has regressed yet again, (again, again, again), IMO and Jose obviously, and quite rightly, doesn't rate him over a past his prime 32 year old who has spent the last two years in Russian football.

Eto'o to be our starting centre-forward for the rest of the season. Torres gone in the summer. Happy days.

So if  this f*ckwit has made anyone sick, I really couldn't care less.

Oh and Bluehatter, the definition of a dunce must surely be an alleged true Chelsea fan coming on a Chelsea forum and then choosing to have an avatar with Benitez and Torres in their Liverpoo days. Duh!

Yawn.

Was at the game yesterday and watched our 2nd choice no:9 warm up on the sidelines very closely. He didn't look a happy bunny and when he came on he was very rubbish. Injury, no injury, a face like a slapped arse? No acknowledgement of his fellow players, fans or his manager at the end. As I said, I really couldn't care less about him. Thought he had turned a corner against the yods and Citeh and defended him earlier in the season but he has regressed yet again, (again, again, again), IMO and Jose obviously, and quite rightly, doesn't rate him over a past his prime 32 year old who has spent the last two years in Russian football.

Does that regression include back to back goals in away fixtures in the league since the start of the year? 

He was injured shortly after coming on yesterday but rather than being selfish and removing himself from play he stayed on the pitch for the good of the team. 

He's never looked happy whilst playing, could be he just puts his game face on and tries to concentrate on playing rather than giving a smile and a wave to everyone. 

It's clear you don't like him as a player and that's fair enough but let's try to keep a bit of perspective on things. 

.................. any hoo to move on from yesterday's one negative. Did anyone notice the number of Chelsea players who applauded Eto'o off the pitch when he was substituted?

Or perhaps they were applauding El Nino coming on?

I can't decide.

Yawn.

Eto'o to be our starting centre-forward for the rest of the season. Torres gone in the summer. Happy days.

So if  this f*ckwit has made anyone sick, I really couldn't care less.

Oh and Bluehatter, the definition of a dunce must surely be an alleged true Chelsea fan coming on a Chelsea forum and then choosing to have an avatar with Benitez and Torres in their Liverpoo days. Duh!

You are a strange lad but I think you probably already know that. So much anger directed towards torres that it is actually embarassing. I'll leave you to it

.................. any hoo to move on from yesterday's one negative. Did anyone notice the number of Chelsea players who applauded Eto'o off the pitch when he was substituted? Or perhaps they were applauding El Nino coming on? I can't decide.

I assume that was for Eto'o. The guy had just scored a hat trick against Manchester United. Whether they're tripe or not this season, it's still Man United.

Feel bad that he is out.

Story of his CFC career: every flicker of hope is instantly set back with an injury or suspension.

Let's hope when he comes back he is full of life and good luck to Demba, who will inevitably get some minutes now

I actually don't think Torres is capable of having a great scoring/playing run without picking up an injury. In his Liverpool days, when he was on fire and regularly banging them in, he was picking up injuries every few games and sitting out loads of matches. The first couple of seasons with us he wasn't playing very well and never got injured. The past season or so he's started to pick up form and score goals and since he has done that he has picked up three different injuries this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Why?

Because it's that old football cliche of players becomming better when they are NOT playing!

Have to say, an in-form Torres would certainly be a better bet than the Eto'o who turned up (or rather didn't) against Stoke and West Ham.

I am getting more & more envious of the City array of strikers by the week................(at least it looks like Aguerro will be out on Monday though).

Edited by Nibs

Only thing I dislike about Eto'o is the same thing I dislike about Torres, his current inability to put the ball in the back of the net on a consistant basis!!

I think Ba gets a lot of unneccesary stick, he plays dribs and drabs of games and has never really had a clear run of games to prove himself. We simply just should not have bought him if that is all we're going to use him for.