Chelsea v Southampton (PL) 16/01/2013 KO 19:45 GMT

Davey Baby

Unfortunate that this one isn't away from home which would of made it a near on certain 3 points . Nevertheless a game that we should win comfortably . Like all recent games at the bridge (sigh) we are going to dominate possession and will be forced to break them down .

Line up I'd like to see

Azpi , Ivan , JT , AC

Lamps , Rambo

Marin , Juan , Hazard

BA

Luiz for a rest , Marin for width. Ba over Torres now a no brainier . Not too fussed on Cahill or Ivan to start .If JT is up for it would love to see him back where he belongs leading the back line .

so is this another game like QPR & Swansea that a lot on here were 4 niling and saying EASY win  ???

well lets face it who knows whats gonna happen  currently, if FSW continues his striker rotation then FT will start over Ba, his

midfield rotation will bench Lamps, etc. etc. its Arsenal on Sunday (must win for pride & 3 pts) then Swansea away (must win by 3-1 or better & get in the final) on Weds, then a week off so IMO the best 11 can easily play 3 in a row , that means playing this lot - Cech, David, Cahill, Ivan or JT, Coley, Lamps,  Luiz or Rambo, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Ba

so its all up to the Fatman, Lord Help us then

I'd like to see Terry start, if fit. I'd start Ba again to see if he can make a difference when the opposition park the bus as they surely will.

Might play Oscar in this game.

Cech

Ivan Luiz Terry Cole

Ramires Lampard

Mata Oscar Hazard

Ba

Will Cahill be available for selection? In that case Terry should be on the bench again and Cahill-Ivan should start. Luiz back to midfield (where he belongs).

I think Oscar will start. Also Mata and Hazard should too. Hazard is showing glimpses of what he is capable of in recent games after a period of lull so he should be allowed to continue. If we're comfortably ahead by half time or in an hour's time, a couple of them could be rested. 

As for the million pound question of Ba or Torres, I think the answer is pretty clear to everyone in the world apart from probably Torres' mom. Torres could be brought on if we're comfortably ahead in the game but not before that.

Should win this if we apply ourselves but that would be the main problem as tiredness and fatigue comes into picture.

Oscar isn't getting enough minutes in my view, someone so talented deserves to be a starter week in week out.

I'd love to see the front 3 consisting of Oscar, Mata and Hazard, so long as they keep width and don't all drift into the centre at the same time. That being said, the coming together of those 3 lets us enjoy intricate passing moves which might fashion an opening for Ba to get on the end of.

Oscar isn't getting enough minutes in my view, someone so talented deserves to be a starter week in week out. I'd love to see the front 3 consisting of Oscar, Mata and Hazard, so long as they keep width and don't all drift into the centre at the same time. That being said, the coming together of those 3 lets us enjoy intricate passing moves which might fashion an opening for Ba to get on the end of.

I actually prefer Oscar in CM.  He doesn't seem to have the same flair that Hazard and Mata have (not to say he doesn't have flair!), but he is a much more capable ball winner and has a wonderful passing range.  He also has excellent stamina.  I can see him performing more like Lampard, especially if he puts on a bit of weight.  I do agree that he isn't getting enough minutes lately. 

I have a strange feeling..............................................Ahh thats it ive just scratched it...........................ERM back to weds night.....ILL TELL YOU THE SCORE IN ADVANCE................CHELSEA 4 SOTON 0...................It will be 2 0 at half time.................BA , LAMPS.TERRY.MATA will be the scorers..........38,865 in the ground

Southampton cannot be taken lightly. We need to field our best team.

They will resort to "park the bus" tactics and hopefully Benitez has worked on it during training sessions.

Getting the win is absolutely essential. 

We should start Mata and replace him with Oscar when we are comfortably ahead.

-----------------------------------------------------Cech-------------------------------------------------

Azpili---------------------------Cahill------------------------Ivanovic--------------------------Cole

-----------------------------------Luiz---------------------Lampard-----------------------------------

Hazard--------------------------------------------Mata------------------------------------------Marin

----------------------------------------------------- Ba---------------------------------------------------

Prediction:  Chelsea 3   Southampton 0

I have a strange feeling..............................................Ahh thats it ive just scratched it...........................ERM back to weds night.....ILL TELL YOU THE SCORE IN ADVANCE................CHELSEA 4 SOTON 0...................It will be 2 0 at half time.................BA , LAMPS.TERRY.MATA will be the scorers..........38,865 in the ground

Spooky.

I have the exact same feeling.

Like that, but the ground will be full, so more like 41,246.

I have this bad feeling that Benitez will continue rotating Torres and Ba every game. Makes alot more sense to always start Ba and rest him for Torres when we have a good advantage (2-0+).

I'm sure this team would give us 3 points :

--------------Cech----------------------

Azp-------Cahill--Iva-----------Cole

---------Lampard--Ramires---------

Hazard-------Oscar--------Mata

-----------------Ba---------------------

Subs :  Terry, Torres, Marin ( when we got a 2-0 lead)

Well, we have learned never EVER to rest both Mata and Hazard at the same time. However, Oscar needs some more game time and Luiz needs a game off.

Now, people have been parking the bus at the Bridge of late so we need some width to get round the back so Marin to start.

Cech

Azpi     Cahill             Ivanovic      Cole

Lamps      Ramires

Hazard            Oscar                Marin

Ba

That should do the job.

I hope.

Archived