Rafa Bashing, replacement & other

HMSBASTARD

Ive not been too interested in the Rafa out stuff, Im a fan of the game & this normally doesn't effect me but after seeing the video below  I was left wondering & had to sign up to ask.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o9zZRJFaL3s

Was it a small minority of fans who heckled/abused the manager as he walked out to face the FA cup tie or is the sentiment expressed in the video & the way it was expressed a feeling that is shared amongst a much larger group of fans? I found it a pretty stupid thing to do, if you want your team to win you get behind them on a matchday, even if you dont like the manager you give him space to work as best he can on a matchday & leave your complaints at home. There are more than enough facilities for complaining, Twitter, forums, email the club, petitions etc. Why the hell this sort of chanting was deemed appropriate & for any benefit to the club I find impossible to answer.

Does anyone feel the same?

A replacement?

Hiddink? .... on a cushy number at anzio, mucho wonga & no risk of the sack.

Capello? .... Russian Manager but no better than the spanish waiter surely.

Jose? ....Not happening mid season

Pep?.... Not Happening at all

Laurent Blanc? No experience here & no better than the bald manuel

Err 

Every other possible is either no better than the omelette eating bin dipper reject or Abramovich has already sacked them.

Other

As of 21/01/2013 Chelsea are 13 points up on last seasons tally when the bald pingu lookalike was in charge, yet there are some fans still calling his name and asking for a reinstatement over Rafa? Why? He was just not good enough period.

Chelsea are 3rd in the league after a bad league run last season and a 6th place finish, so how on earth can the fat spanish waiter be receiving worse abuse than Fat head Allerdyce did at Newcastle? Rafa hasnt brought chelsea down to relegation form?

I am really at a loss to understand what is occuring I really am, can someone please just reveal the stuff I have so obviously missed as I am baffled by past & recent behaviour of the chelsea faithful.     

Ive not been too interested in the Rafa out stuff, Im a fan of the game & this normally doesn't effect me but after seeing the video below  I was left wondering & had to sign up to ask.

Was it a small minority of fans who heckled/abused the manager as he walked out to face the FA cup tie or is the sentiment expressed in the video & the way it was expressed a feeling that is shared amongst a much larger group of fans? I found it a pretty stupid thing to do, if you want your team to win you get behind them on a matchday, even if you dont like the manager you give him space to work as best he can on a matchday & leave your complaints at home. There are more than enough facilities for complaining, Twitter, forums, email the club, petitions etc. Why the hell this sort of chanting was deemed appropriate & for any benefit to the club I find impossible to answer.

A replacement?

Err 

Every other possible is either no better than the omelette eating bin dipper reject or Abramovich has already sacked them.

Other

As of 21/01/2013 Chelsea are 13 points up on last seasons tally when the bald pingu lookalike was in charge, yet there are some fans still calling his name and asking for a reinstatement over Rafa? Why? He was just not good enough period.

Chelsea are 3rd in the league after a bad league run last season and a 6th place finish, so how on earth can the fat spanish waiter be receiving worse abuse than Fat head Allerdyce did at Newcastle? Rafa hasnt brought chelsea down to relegation form?

I am really at a loss to understand what is occuring I really am, can someone please just reveal the stuff I have so obviously missed as I am baffled by past & recent behaviour of the chelsea faithful.

I don't know where to start with this one. You are entitled to your opinion on Benitez but I think you will most people on here would side with those that chanted the songs at Brentford.

As for your comments about RDM. Really? It is hard to take anybody seriously on here when they would rather insult RDM than Benitez. Your stats are wrong too. We may be 13 points better off than this stage last year but I think you will find it was AVB in charge then and we were definitely in a very bad moment (sorry Carlo). In fact we amassed more than half of our current total this season under RDM. His record in the first 12 games this season was worth 24 points vs. 23 in the same number of games under Benitez. And, as we have covered on other threads, we faced much tougher opposition under RDM.

I will agree with you on one point. We probably won't replace Benitez before the end of the season. As long as we are relatively comfortably in the Champions League places I think he will keep his job. But that doesn't mean we have to like him. Those that run the club made a terrible decision in replacing RDM with Benitez and we have every right to voice our displeasure.

I take your point on the RDM first 12 games, it makes that '13 points up' stat a bit meaningless really so wipe that from the record.

I didnt like pingu & dont believe he was the long term managerial solution, the manner of the champions league win was bereft of any real glory & felt a little fake & I was just waiting for his inexperience to be found out. I would credit the players more than him for any success last season but all of that is just my opinion & Im not looking to argue that point.

I just think the ethic is all wrong, Rafa is realistically the manager this season & therefore the end of the season is the time to storm the ground, picket the chairmans office & ram the point down his throat. Not shouting your a w**ker at the manager 3 minutes before kick off in such a nobel competition.

Makes Chelsea fans look stupid imo, especially considering the fact that no real viable replacement is anywhere on the radar.

So many things I disagree with in this post.

The coach that took a team failing miserably on all fronts to an FA Cup and the first ever CL win for a London team wasn't good enough?

You don't think Capello or Blanc would be better than the FSW? And you can't think of anyone outside that list that is better?

That 13 point deficit wasn't the fault of Robbie, we were well behind the pace when he took over from AVB and after the comeback against Napoli and drawing Benfica in the QF's, I think that was always going to become the main priority.

Chelsea were top for most of this season under Robbie, undone only by the scummy work of Clattenburg and the FA as per usual, and we were only 4 points behind the leaders when he came in. Now we're 13 points behind or something like that, lost the CWC to Corinthians, and lost in the COC semi-final's to Swansea, you really think he's doing a better job? It's already been posted he's had the worst record of any manager in the RA era.

Just take that game from where that video is from as an example of how ridiculously bad he is as a manager. He starts a fairly full strength squad against a League 1 side in an early round FA cup game, Mata, Hazard and Ba the only names missing from our strongest 11. We get completely outplayed and are losing to a side a good 60 or so rungs down in the football league ladder. Rafa decides at halftime to take off one of our attacking players and bring on another attacking player, while we still have a defender playing as a winger (god knows why he even started that game).

Still losing come the 80th minute so he does a straight right back for right back swap.

Eventually saved by FT scoring a goal that he would only have scored one in every hundred opportunities.

How can you think all of this is the mark of even a semi-competent manager?

I take your point on the RDM first 12 games, it makes that '13 points up' stat a bit meaningless really so wipe that from the record.

I didnt like pingu & dont believe he was the long term managerial solution, the manner of the champions league win was bereft of any real glory & felt a little fake & I was just waiting for his inexperience to be found out. I would credit the players more than him for any success last season but all of that is just my opinion & Im not looking to argue that point.

I just think the ethic is all wrong, Rafa is realistically the manager this season & therefore the end of the season is the time to storm the ground, picket the chairmans office & ram the point down his throat. Not shouting your a w**ker at the manager 3 minutes before kick off in such a nobel competition.

Makes Chelsea fans look stupid imo, especially considering the fact that no real viable replacement is anywhere on the radar.

Why do people seriously find the time to troll internet forums online. Seriously, your life must be amazingly sh*te if your up at 2am in the morning trying to stir a reaction from Chelsea fans with your sly comments.

Do one!

Never mind, clearly a poor troll.

Didn't think a troll would waste so much time writing a long topic though, mirin the dedication son.

You've chatted a lot of sh*t in a short period of time, but that sentence fragment takes the cake. Ask any Chelsea supporter how glorious the Champions League victory was. Since you've signed up to our forum to spread pro-FSW garbage, I can only assume you're a scouser. How glorious and real was your Champions League victory that would have never happened if Lubos Michel weren't blind?

I don't want him here and I even tried to give him a chance as a manger but he's done nothing to convince me he's even competent at his job.  However I disagree with the chants at the Brentford game, I just don't think it is necessary to abuse somebody like that and it certainly isn't helping team morale.  Mata looked more intimidated than he did in the video.  As I've always said, he's just a mercenary looking to use us as a springboard to save his failing career.  He'll say anything to get what he wants, including the rubbish he said about us when he was at Liverpool to endear himself to their fans.  

I just want to say this again.....HARRY willdisappear from QPR if they go down...IMO, he ll bring an English feel to the club and get these , erm,proffessionals working together again with balance and belief.....RB isnt the be all and end all of the problem...The players need to take some responsibility too

Ha ha.....why is Di Matteo like Pingu?  He has always struck me as perculiarly Chinese looking for an Italian.......but nothing like an aquatic, flightless bird.

Your points regarding finding a suitable successor for Benitez now are valid.  We've already sacked most of them.  :biggrin:   But devaluing what RDM achieved last season is pretty stupid in my opinion.  He took over with the team in a mess and overturned a 3-1 away defecit against Napoli which AVB left him with.  Then he defeated Benfica and Barca over two legs.....then beat Bayern in their own stadium to lift the Champion's League trophy.  He also beat Tottenham (no, smashed Tottenham) at Wembley...then defeated Liverpool at Wembley in the FA Cup Final.  I wouldn't fancy us doing that under Rafa.  Regarding his league points last season, no, it it wasn't amazing but he was resting players at the end for the cup games and it was already a lost cause after all the points dropped under AVB.  He was sacked this season with us only trailing the leaders by a few points.

I personally don't boo Benitez as I feel he's just doing a job.  He had been out of work for a while and a job like Chelsea comes up so of course he's gonna take it.  That said, surely you can understand why some feel aggrieved?  They sacked a club legend who had just delivered the European Cup and replaced him with someone who they knew was unpopular.  It shows they don't give a f*** about what the fans think.  I've heard people say "oh but you can't criticise Abramovich because of all he has done for Chelsea."  Of course, this makes it difficult.....but it was a decision that baffled many so why shouldn't they voice their disapproval?  It's like someone letting you live in their house for free.......of course you would be grateful.....but then them curling out a turd on the coffee table.  Despite all they've done for you, you'd still have to say something wouldn't you?  You're not gonna be happy with that regardless of your free accommodation (erm....I think this analogy works).

As for the CL victory being bereft of any glory and feeling fake.  To you maybe......but I was in Munich for it and it didn't feel like that for me.  It was f***ing brilliant and I pity you if you support a team which will probably never achieve that.

Now please get cat aids, f*ck off and die.

I'm at a loss to understand why so many people, usually non-Chelsea fans, are so desperate for us to accept Tubby. Why do you care that we don't? I don't remember many signing up here to defend Avram Grant.

THIS!

The fact that OP called RDM 'pingu' shows his true colours.

Like all of us, I fail to understand this silly obsession scouse fans have, trying to reason with us to like the FSW.

He's clearly an incompetent fat fraud.  

A replacement?

Err 

Other

Bore off.

Ha ha.....why is Di Matteo like Pingu?  He has always struck me as perculiarly Chinese looking for an Italian.......but nothing like an aquatic, flightless bird.

Your points regarding finding a suitable successor for Benitez now are valid.  We've already sacked most of them.  :biggrin:   But devaluing what RDM achieved last season is pretty stupid in my opinion.  He took over with the team in a mess and overturned a 3-1 away defecit against Napoli which AVB left him with.  Then he defeated Benfica and Barca over two legs.....then beat Bayern in their own stadium to lift the Champion's League trophy.  He also beat Tottenham (no, smashed Tottenham) at Wembley...then defeated Liverpool at Wembley in the FA Cup Final.  I wouldn't fancy us doing that under Rafa.  Regarding his league points last season, no, it it wasn't amazing but he was resting players at the end for the cup games and it was already a lost cause after all the points dropped under AVB.  He was sacked this season with us only trailing the leaders by a few points.

I personally don't boo Benitez as I feel he's just doing a job.  He had been out of work for a while and a job like Chelsea comes up so of course he's gonna take it.  That said, surely you can understand why some feel aggrieved?  They sacked a club legend who had just delivered the European Cup and replaced him with someone who they knew was unpopular.  It shows they don't give a f*** about what the fans think.  I've heard people say "oh but you can't criticise Abramovich because of all he has done for Chelsea."  Of course, this makes it difficult.....but it was a decision that baffled many so why shouldn't they voice their disapproval?  It's like someone letting you live in their house for free.......of course you would be grateful.....but then them curling out a turd on the coffee table.  Despite all they've done for you, you'd still have to say something wouldn't you?  You're not gonna be happy with that regardless of your free accommodation (erm....I think this analogy works).

As for the CL victory being bereft of any glory and feeling fake.  To you maybe......but I was in Munich for it and it didn't feel like that for me.  It was f***ing brilliant and I pity you if you support a team which will probably never achieve that.

Now please get cat aids, f*ck off and die.

this!

Winning the Champions League was devoid of glory and fake? Yeah right, I still cringe... :rolleyes: The memory of that night is keeping me upright this season FFS! What else can we do but administer some Rafa-bashing?!

I suppose hes right when you compare it to Utd winning it against Munich after being battered for 89 minutes then just throwing everyone forward for set pieces. Or Liverpools v Milan when they got demolished in the first half, dived to win a penalty to give them a chance etc. Or Liverpools when they had to beat those european giants Crusaders, Trabzonspor, St Ettiene and Zurich. Tough tough competition that.

Archived