Lukaku to Everton

Lofty.
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Holy sh*t look what he did to Titus Bramble - it took Drogba about four seasons to get over his Bramble phobia. I get more excited about Lukaku every week...

People claim his second goal was lucky, but first he showed four important aspects of his game. The first 3 being strength, speed and determination. The 4th being a footballing brain. First shown be expecting Titan Bramble to make a mistake (not rocket science). But notice how when he goes to close down Mignolet he opens his body up, and in fact the ball comes off the inside of foot, giving it a better chance of going on target. Many many players would have turned their body on the keeper in that situation and the ball would have wildly gone out for a goal kick.

Unfortunately I can't see Lukaku ever playing for us. 

I'm 90% sure he will be sold in the summer. That's all we're doing at the moment. Buying promising youngsters, loaning them out and selling them. One thing is for sure though. Torres needs to be sold for any new striker to come in. 

Edited by JoeyN

First and foremost thank you Chelsea for letting us have this young lad for a season,he has been a credit to himself and Chelsea football club.

He's the most honest,hardworking beast of a striker i've seen since Cyrille Regis burst onto the scene. It's in our local press today that at the end of every game he takes the match dvd home to analyse his overall play and where he can improve his game.He is really driven and focused on nothing more than perfecting his game.I'm pretty sure he's got a big future ahead of him and while it would be great to have him for another season i think he is ready now. If you have any more gems please send them to us for some experience and coaching from the excellent Steve Clarke (not Torres though)

Good luck for rest of the season.

First and foremost thank you Chelsea for letting us have this young lad for a season,he has been a credit to himself and Chelsea football club.

He's the most honest,hardworking beast of a striker i've seen since Cyrille Regis burst onto the scene. It's in our local press today that at the end of every game he takes the match dvd home to analyse his overall play and where he can improve his game.He is really driven and focused on nothing more than perfecting his game.I'm pretty sure he's got a big future ahead of him and while it would be great to have him for another season i think he is ready now. If you have any more gems please send them to us for some experience and coaching from the excellent Steve Clarke (not Torres though)

Good luck for rest of the season.

We'll send you Torres and Mikel on loan for free on the condition neither of them have to come back.

Unfortunately I can't see Lukaku ever playing for us. 

I'm 90% sure he will be sold in the summer. That's all we're doing at the moment. Buying promising youngsters, loaning them out and selling them. One thing is for sure though. Torres needs to be sold for any new striker to come in. 

Im curious, can you name me all the promising youngsters we have bought over the years that we just loaned out until we sold them? Since this is all we are doing lately such a list shouldnt be hard to compile..

he would be fantastic for chelsea. Watching him the thing that i find impressive is the way he holds up the ball and allows the wingers to make runs to the side of him. because of this west brom always seem a threat when in the final third unlike chelsea ATM.

Im curious, can you name me all the promising youngsters we have bought over the years that we just loaned out until we sold them? Since this is all we are doing lately such a list shouldnt be hard to compile..

Kakuta

Piazon

De Bruyne 

Bamford

Bruma

Kalas

Van AanHolt

Just a few there and I'm sure there's more.

Does anyone honestly expect them to be given a chance at Chelsea? I would LOVE to see some youngsters given a chance, but we won't, because we will spend £20M on a new player when one of the first team regulars at the moment move on.

Edited by JoeyN

I'm 100% sure your wrong.

Do you really think Roman is going to settle for Ba and Lukaku next season? He's going to splash the cash on a £30M+ signing. I'm not including Torres because I'm 100% he will be sold in the summer. 

Will Lukaku really want to be 3rd choice? 

Edited by JoeyN

Do you really think Roman is going to settle for Ba and Lukaku next season? He's going to splash the cash on a £30M+ signing. I'm not including Torres because I'm 100% he will be sold in the summer. 

Will Lukaku really want to be 3rd choice? 

why wouldnt we put him on loan again if thats the case?

Kakuta

Piazon

De Bruyne 

Bamford

Bruma

Kalas

Van AanHolt

Does anyone honestly expect them to be given a chance at Chelsea? I would LOVE to see some youngsters given a chance, but we won't, because we will spend £20M on a new player when one of the first team regulars at the moment move on.

Number of players on your list who Chelsea have sold: 0

Number of Abramovich-era youth products who started the Champions' League final last May: 1

Since you originally said Chelsea loan people out until we finally sell them, would you like to name somebody we've actually sold? Who went on to reach the level they'd need to make the current squad?

(and, for the record, I would guess at least one of Kalas and Kenneth Omeruo winds up getting a solid shot at CB for us, with at least one of Piazon and De Bruyne seeing some time in midfield, and we'll also see Chalobah and Lukaku at some point)

The Lukaku blueprint has already been made with Sturridge; sign potentially great young striker - fail to play him in his first seasons at the club. Send  young striker on loan, he romps through the league and people question why he was loaned instead of being given matches ahead of under performing first team regulars. Young striker is recalled and played out of position or a given a bit time role where and is unable to improve. Young striker is sold and proceeds to score with his new club while we still have Torres. 

If we fail to learn from the past we are doomed to repeat it. 

Simply put we should sign some veteran striker for cover and be content with Lukaku and Ba

Lukaku is proving a serious point! I really believe he can surpass Drogba and be the new Van Persie. He's still really young and has plenty time to improve. Look at Falcao, he's only just blossomed at 26 years old. Not sure if signing someone like Falcao or Cavani would be the answer. I think the Premier league could be a step too far for their ability. 

Edited by enigma

Kakuta

Piazon

De Bruyne 

Bamford

Bruma

Kalas

Van AanHolt

So thats a no then? Besides KdB, none of these players have sufficient quality atm to a) improve the club or b) get enough games to develop like they can on loan. Keeping all of them at the club would have been incredibly stupid

Number of players on your list who Chelsea have sold: 0

Number of Abramovich-era youth products who started the Champions' League final last May: 1

Since you originally said Chelsea loan people out until we finally sell them, would you like to name somebody we've actually sold? Who went on to reach the level they'd need to make the current squad?

(and, for the record, I would guess at least one of Kalas and Kenneth Omeruo winds up getting a solid shot at CB for us, with at least one of Piazon and De Bruyne seeing some time in midfield, and we'll also see Chalobah and Lukaku at some point)

All these players will be sold. 

As Las7 said. It will follow the blueprint of Sturridge. 

Do I want it to happen? no. Will it? More than likely. 

LoL "The blueprint of Sturridge". So basically you are saying because we sold one player who had a half a season on loan and dint play that much here, then "Its all we do with talented youngsters"? One player does not a trend make.

How about a friendly wager since you are so sure? Im saying Lukaku wont be sold in the summer, you saying he will. Loser donates 50 quid to the Shed

LoL "The blueprint of Sturridge". So basically you are saying because we sold one player who had a half a season on loan and dint play that much here, then "Its all we do with talented youngsters"? One player does not a trend make.

How about a friendly wager since you are so sure? Im saying Lukaku wont be sold in the summer, you saying he will. Loser donates 50 quid to the Shed

I'm not going to bet £50 on it. 

I just think we'll keep forking out money for big players and ignore our youth. 

Roman = instant success. Bringing in youth takes time. No managers have time, therefore different players are in different managers plans. I stand by what I say. I doubt Lukaku will ever play for Chelsea again and if he does, he will be 3rd choice, and he will put in a transfer request because he's too professional. 

Hell play and if hes good enough hell get games. Just because we sold one young talented player doesnt mean thats our MO. Plenty of young players have gotten playing time for the team this year and besides Sturridge we havent sold one talented youngster without giving him the chance. Playing youth just for the sake of playing youth is stupid and like I said both Lukaku and DeBruyne are in much better positions because of their loan spells to contribute next year, the others are still some bit away and would never seen meaningfull playing time here this year. Stop acting like we have been selling high quality players left and right cause we havent.

All these players will be sold. 

As Las7 said. It will follow the blueprint of Sturridge. 

Do I want it to happen? no. Will it? More than likely. 

Danny Sturridge started 28 Premiership matches last season and was our joint-top scorer in the league. He did get sold after less time than he'd seemed to earn, but if Lukaku follows the Sturridge pattern he'll be starting regularly next year. I'd also be very wary of extrapolating from kids who compete with Fernando Torres for playing time to kids who don't - center forward the last year or two has been picked rather less on merit than some other positions.

Again: when has the club sold someone good enough to play for us after sticking them out on loan and never trying them? You obviously believe that's going to be done to everyone who's currently loaned out, but do you have any actual examples of it happening?