Lukaku to Everton

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I disagree i really dont see Chelsea being that stupid,i think KDB will be at Chelsea next season.Do people think his best positon is one of the 3 behind the CF or the 2 infront of the back four?.

i think he can play as one of the 2 CMs, but yeah as onebelo says hes better suited for 4-3-3

maybe we could try a midfield trio of de bruyne, oscar and a pure DM

Sprouting nonsense again. While Sturridge was there, Coyle used Davis behind him because Sturridge is the faster player who can play on the shoulders of defenders while Davis was the guy holding up the ball and winning aerial battles. And do tell me how Sturridge played the majority of the time on the wing when Elmander/Taylor was used on one flank and Lee on the other.

Here are the details about the Bolton - Arsenal match and you can check the average position for all the players - notice how Davis and Sturridge are really close to each other against Arsenal due to Bolton surrendering possession in that match and relying on Davis capability to knock down some balls into Sturridge's path.

http://espnfc.com/en/gamecast/293037/gamecast.html?soccernet=true&cc=null

That heat maps backs up what I said, he played down the right wing cutting in for the majority of that game.

I think Lukaku will get a fair amount of game time next season. I expect him to start as 2nd choice striker (behind a new signing) with Ba being 3rd choice. Hopefully Torres leaves. 

If I was in charge Lukaku would regularly start in cup competitions and sometimes when the first choice needs a rest. If things aren't going our way offensively he would be the first one off the bench. He'd have every opportunity to play himself into the team.

You think Lukaku will make Ba 3rd choice? Im not so sure on that. It seems at Chelsea you play if you are a name or highly paid. Torres for example. We would have been far better off if Sturridge and Ba started instead of Torres.

Maybe hopefully that could be Capoue or even Chalobah,Romeu hasnt impressed me that much.

im very much hoping that will be chalobah. i know many fans are already dead set on sending him on a customary 'PL club loan', but id like him to be given a chance in the first team

he may be just 18-19, but if youre good enough, youre old enough

capoue would definitely improve us as a team, but he can put in some very rash and dangerous tackles in. he would pick up a lot of cards playing in the premiership

You think Lukaku will make Ba 3rd choice? Im not so sure on that. It seems at Chelsea you play if you are a name or highly paid. Torres for example. We would have been far better off if Sturridge and Ba started instead of Torres.

I think its possible. I haven't been blown away by Ba's performances so far. I think Lukaku could do just as well. And I'd say Lukaku is probably more of a name than Ba and came at a higher fee, so they could want to get more from him than from Ba. I'm not saying this is going to happen, more like what I'd like to see happen. But I think it is realistic.

im very much hoping that will be chalobah. i know many fans are already dead set on sending him on a customary 'PL club loan', but id like him to be given a chance in the first team

he may be just 18-19, but if youre good enough, youre old enough

capoue would definitely improve us as a team, but he can put in some very rash and dangerous tackles in. he would pick up a lot of cards playing in the premiership

I agree with all of this. Chalobah looks like he's a fast learner and would benefit from playing for our first team. Another loan is unnecessary imo as we're relatively weak in that position and there is no harm in giving him the first half of next season to see if he can justify his place in the squad rotation system at least.

Are there any Dutch (or is it Flemish or Afrikaans?) speakers on here who would be kind enough to translate this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOwLafg4w3k

The video is supposed to include English subtitles but unfortunately they only work throughout the first minute. It's a brand new interview and it seems pretty interesting. If only I had a clue what they were saying!

The last bit of the video shows footage of Lukaku when he was in high school I'm guessing?

Edited by Amputechture

Had just watched this via a link on Twitter.  Level headed young player.  Interesting to see he said that Chelsea have been contacting him "a lot in recent weeks" about things he can improve

Guest RFC_CFC

I am just thinking what would have happened if we didn't loan him out and he had a season like in WBA.

Oh the possibilities...

You would think he'd have scored more given the service he would get here.

Ba and Lukaku up top would be a monster partnership.

Edited by RFC_CFC

Just watching west brom v swansea, Lukaku playing v well, his hold up play is great, hes also creating space and chances for team mates, wonder if we can bring him back and send them Torres instead

He's had a superb first half, works hard for the team and scores. Lets hope when he comes back he gets a fair crack at being the main man here.

Guest RFC_CFC

So thats almost twice as many as FT in the league but played in less games

For a lesser team with less quality.

No doubt we will loan him next season too because we know sh*t all about football

For a lesser team with lesser quality thing I don't buy. You can't say if he scored more from Hazard's passes or Mata's. Torres also could have Lukaku's numbers if he played for WBA. We get a lot of goals from defenders from setpieces and from midfielders like Mata or Lampard. WBA play simple and fast, we play differently.

Anyway great to see our man playing great.