Lukaku to Everton

Lofty.
Chelsea Megastore

Shouldn't you wait til we actually sell De Bruyne before complaining about it?

(and, if we're selling De Bruyne to Dortmund in the currently rumored deal, whether we manage to come away with Lewandowski/Bender/Gundogan/Subotic/Hummels?)

according to bild, hes signed a 5 year contract with borussia

But they haven't mentioned the clubs agreeing a fee yet - and as dkw says they're not the most reliable tabloid on the planet.

De Bruyne's an excellent player, but given how strong we are at the position he's not untouchable, and Dortmund have the cash (from selling Gotze and Lewandowski) and players to make a pretty irresistable offer. I'd prefer to see him with the club next year, but I'll wait and see exactly what we get before criticising a sale.

I may be in the minority here, but I feel Lakaku needs another season of first team football on loan before stepping into our side.

He strengths are many, but I'd argue he still needs to work on aspects of his game like his touch and positioning before being ready to make the grade here and I'd much rather see him learn this stuff on the park playing on loan at another club than on the bench at Chelsea.

If we loan him again we should send him back to WBA, provided they want him.  Considering he was their player of the year, I'd guess they do.  He's already established some team chemistry there and they really seem to appreciate his contribution. 

Edit: After the ballboy incident Swansea can f**k off. 

Edited by Castiel

Ba will be 2nd choice though? Assuming Torres is out and a top quality striker is coming in.

Jose works primarily with just the two first team strikers (with someone else within the squad capable of being 3rd if needed) and as well as he's developed and done this season, i'm not sure Lukaku is ready to be relied upon as the 2nd striker for a side that will be looking to compete on both the domestic and European stage.

I wouldn't even be overly surprised of Jose looked to move both Ba and Torres out and rather than spend €60m on Falcao, spend €30m each on say Lewandowski and Higuain. (or Rooney)

Edited by startedwithglenn

i'm not sure Lukaku is ready to be relied upon as the 2nd striker for a side that will be looking to compete on both the domestic and European stage.

Personally i think it's more for Lakaku's benefit more than ours that he should be first choice on loan rather than 2nd choice here

Two scenarios for Chelsea: Trust the trio Ba, Torres & Lukaku OR buy a world class striker like Cavani, Lewa or Falcao and loan out Lukaku. If I was Chelsea I'd risk nothing and go for world class.

There is no sense for Romelu to come sit on our bench at that age and form.

Guest RFC_CFC

Hat trick against the champions after coming on in the second half.

Surely will get his chance next season if Jose comes back....he does like the Drogba powerhouse forward types

Came on in the second half to rip United to pieces.  We don't need a new striker.  We just need to bring him back.  I had a look on Redcafe's match thread to see if it was a great performance or if the numbers flattered to deceive: 

3-5 Lukaku is some player.

The man is a beast.

Lukaku has destroyed us.

Lukaku is quality, but Buttner is a bit... well, a bit sh*t.

The next Drogba ... He's got a scarier potential

Lukaku gives me the f**king fear

Ripped apart by Lukaku. Shocking.

3-5 goals galore. Lukaku again.

Lukaku is going to be some player for the Chavs

Moyes sign Lukaku.

Lukaku has raped us in this second half.

Lukaku is so good it really is crazy.

I can't believe Chelsea let Lukaku go on loan.

I can't imagine other fans saying that about anyone we currently have on our books.  That brings his season total to 17 league goals and 4 assists.