Worst Signings of the Season?

JMaher94

Just about every signing QPR made.

Joe Allen and Fabio Borini to Liverpool would also have to be up there.

Giroud has also been a flop, I think his goals/game ratio is actually lower than Torres's this season.

Danny Graham to Sunderland, not sure if he has even scored a goal?

Probably Jarvis to west ham and adebayor to spuds too, considering how much both of them cost.

I think Rodwell/Sinclar/Maicon are all quality players, they just haven't been used enough, especially Rodwell who I think will be far better than Barry or Milner in the center of midfield.

...Park to QPR. That's just to name a few..

Park Ji Sung to QPR is more like a strategic move to capture the fanbase in Asia.

Ok player and allow you to catch the attention (and selling replica kits) in Asia.

Joe Allen and Borini was a big waste of £25 million. They were amazingly worse than what Liverpool already had. 

Adam Johnson and Danny Graham were a big waste of £20 million, considering Sunderland finished 17th.

Adebayor was extremely poor considering he was Tottenham's only fit striker. They should have stumped out £10 million more for Damiao and they may have got in the top 4.

But honorary mention goes to QPR's transfer policy. The hospice of the Premier League. 

Rodwell, Sinclair and Maicon to Manchester City, Granero, Hoilett, Samba, Bosingwa, Park to QPR. That's just to name a few..

Rodwell?... Are you mad?... He's been fantastic everytime he has played for us but he has been injured. Granted most of our signings last summer were poor but Rodwell will be a beast in City and Englands midfield for years to come.

Rodwell?... Are you mad?... He's been fantastic everytime he has played for us but he has been injured. Granted most of our signings last summer were poor but Rodwell will be a beast in City and Englands midfield for years to come.

Thing is though City stumped up £12m for a player who at 22 years old already has a big question mark over his fitness, he broke through at Everton aged 17 or 18 so has 5 years of being involved in first team football and yet he still has yet to clock up 100 senior appearances. 

Adebayor and Javi Garcia up there too.

This one looms the biggest for me, not because of the pittance he cost, but for what his worthlessness did to Tottenham's season.

They got him in August permanently and knew they had a dud by winter, but Levy didnt replace him. When their season came down to a matter of two missed points, how much do they regret sticking with him now.

Adebayor should just retire. Plays out of his mind when he is looking for a contract or a move, plays like garbage once he has signed his contract.

I don't think he will ever be fit enough to get to that stage, it's Kieran Dyer all over again.

Any truth to these rumors about QPR's compromised finances? I heard just last week that Fernandes had to take out a loan this month to cover wages.

If they're hurting now, how bad will it be in a few months when nobody takes all that deadweight off them, and they are pulling in 10% of the revenue?

Any truth to these rumors about QPR's compromised finances? I heard just last week that Fernandes had to take out a loan this month to cover wages.

If they're hurting now, how bad will it be in a few months when nobody takes all that deadweight off them, and they are pulling in 10% of the revenue?

Each team can face that same fate at some point in their future but for now... Just now... Could it happen to a nicer club/set of fans?

Maybe I'm being harsh here but what about Marko Marin?

£7m, 15 appearances, 1 goal. Was obviously signed as a back-up in case we didn't get the Champions League but he's spent the vast majority of the season receiving rub downs from Eva Carneiro.

Lucky bar steward.

£7m, 15 appearances, 1 goal. Was obviously signed as a back-up in case we didn't get the Champions League but he's spent the vast majority of the season receiving rub downs from Eva Carneiro.

Lucky bar steward.

Certainly a bad signing and definitely our worst but I think others have failed to delivered a lot worse than Marin.

Yes his fee is higher than some other players mentioned in the thread but the level of expectation for him to deliver was a lot lower than players like Samba and Adebeyour.

Lucky bar steward.

I think he's a lot better than he's shown for Chelsea, but when you consider how little he's contributed this season for the money spent on him, he looks like quite a poor signing.

And marin hasn't been a flop, he's just been a bad signing, if we'd have given him a 5-6 game run in his position and he hadn't performed then we could call him a flop, he just didn't get a chance.

Archived