Romeu - Valencia bound

mad_mac

Oriol Romeu has agreed a one year loan deal to go to Valencia.  Final details coming out, but initially it seemed that Valencia were going to keep him if he had a good year.  Now some Valencia related twitter accounts are claiming that he will sign a 4 year deal at the end of this year.

I think the ship has sailed for Romeu's CFC career, and I wonder if given the competition for places in the mid and Oriol's bad knee injury, the club have decided that it is best he should move on.

Chalobah is the better prospect, so not too fussed about this. He looked okay when he first came in, but he gradually declined and the last few times he played he was pretty shocking.

I really had high hopes for him when he first came it's a shame if he does move on but I won't be surprised. The timing of his injury couldn't have been worse.

btw Mac

#VoteFreddie  :biggrin: 

Would have easily solved our DM problem but got unfortunate with two very bad injuries.

Also them keeping him if he has a good year seems like a stupid thing to agree to so I have a hard time believing that unless we already have a new DM in  mind. 

Sad to hear he's gone, but I am glad it is to a club I have an affinity for, and to a place where I am sure he will further his career. Valencia seem to have a great effect on young players .Best of luck to him. Hope he can get healthy and consistently show his ability as a player. At age 21 he still has alot of time to make it big. 

If this is going through, I have (want)  to believe the club are very close to nailing down De Rossi.

Sad to hear he's gone, but I am glad it is to a club I have an affinity for, and to a place where I am sure he will further his career. Valencia seem to have a great effect on young players .Best of luck to him. Hope he can get healthy and consistently show his ability as a player. At age 21 he still has alot of time to make it big. 

If this is going through, I have (want)  to believe the club are very close to nailing down De Rossi.

Also, this makes me a little more relieved about the prospects for Van Ginkel getting serious game time.

These are my thoughts too.  I think we are either 1 step away from signing De Rossi, or we are giving others a fair chance at playing time.

Either way it's good news

This was more than expected. Van Ginkel coming in probably nailed this coffin. I like Romeu and his style and under Rafa he looked good but the injury turned it all around for the man. Lets hope he has a good season at Valencia!

I remember when he first arrived he was so good that we were all worried that Barca were going to take him back last summer. The he had a very bad injury and wasnt quite the same. I think the club have given in on him and are now putting him in the shop window by sending him on loan.

I actually think hos performances when he first arrived were massively overrated, due to people's mixed opinions on mikel. Hopefully this year gives him the opportunity to regain fitness and improve as a player, however im not sure how much game time he will get.

I take it there's no definitive news on Chalobah and whether he's coming back. However, as good as he is I'm not sure that he is the answer just yet. tires early and often subbed late on by Zola and probably still developing physically. I tried to watch him as much as I could when he was in the Championship and just get the feeling he could be found wanting in the Premiership speed of thought wise at the mo. However his composure, eye for a pass and vision is great.

I take it there's no definitive news on Chalobah and whether he's coming back. However, as good as he is I'm not sure that he is the answer just yet. tires early and often subbed late on by Zola and probably still developing physically. I tried to watch him as much as I could when he was in the Championship and just get the feeling he could be found wanting in the Premiership speed of thought wise at the mo. However his composure, eye for a pass and vision is great.

Taken from Jose's interview with the club website:

Among the many established stars that will be in the touring party to be announced later today, there are likely to be some junior players included, following this week's work at Cobham.

'We have been training with six of them,' Mourinho reports.

'They are players that are not going to belong officially to the first team, but we are looking for their development and all of us together are going to make decisions for their benefit.

Not sure who the 6 would be? Chalobah, McEchrean, Fruez, Walker, Piazon and Blackman?

But it would suggest that we might see one or two those sent on loan again rather than being involved in our first team. 

Done deal:

Oriol Romeu has today (Friday) joined Valencia on a season-long loan.

The midfielder has appeared 33 times, scoring once, for the Blues. He is a Spanish Under-21 international and also played at last summer's Olympic Games.

Romeu, 21, made nine appearances for Chelsea last season, but missed the second half of the campaign due to injury.

In his first season, following his switch from Barcelona in the summer of 2011, Romeu had appeared more regularly, earning a run of 12 consecutive matches over the Christmas and New Year period.

We wish Oriol well in his homeland, and you will be able to keep up with his progress here on the official Chelsea website.

Archived