West Brom v Chelsea (PL) 11/02/14 KO 20:00 GMT

Izanagi

Another weekday kick-off for us, this time on Tuesday, and we're away at The Hawthorns.

West Brom have not won in their last six premier league games and logically should therefore be there for the taking. However, this is the side that frustrated Liverpool recently and held them to a draw so this might not be as simple as some might hope. We need to keep the momentum going as Arsenal's next game is against Manchester United and Manchester City face Sunderland. Victory here assures us that we keep ahead of the pack.

Field the same side we did against Newcastle but maybe consider giving Salah a start over Willian or Oscar. 

He had a brief cameo against Newcastle but had a glimmer of hope in him.

2-0 Chelsea

They'll make it frustrating for us but they will cave in during the second half and we'll zerg-rush them.

This is a concerning game because our recent record there is poor and they almost beat us at the Bridge.  But we're in fine form and full of confidence, we really should be securing the points.  It'd suck to only be top for half a week.  Torres should be back for this so I'd give him a run out since Eto'o must be knackered.  Willian or Hazard for a rest but they really don't seem tired.  

------------ Cech ------------

Ivan - Cahill - Terry - Dave

----- Ramires -- Matic -----

Salah --- Oscar ---- Hazard

----------- Torres -----------

I expect West Brom will be well up for this, both the team and the fans given how much noise they made after our game at the Bridge against them.

Will be a tough one, just need to do the job and come back with the 3 points. We got a chance here for the title, but have to win games like this to keep it in our own hands.

I will also add we play a day before City, Liverpool and Arsenal. Big chance to put in a display to take up 4 clear. Without Clarkey leading WBA, we hopefully have a better chance of coming away with the points.

I just worry that theyll look at the west ham match at the bridge and decide to pack the box as well

We need to do these bums for their punk ass treatment of RDM & Stevie Clark. However, CFC Gaffers come to the Hawthorns & step on their crank. Then they get fired. The place is cursed for CFC. Still a win is a must for the Title. Come on you Blues!!!

Interesting point on this side being a bogey team. But seriously how many do we have then? Over recent seasons it seems to have been WBA, Everton away, Newcastle, Liverpool! West Ham too apparently? Lol.

Anyways, will be challenging but 0-2. 

It's good that we play before our rivals, a few seasons ago or whenever we were playing our games after them an forever playing catch up. A good chance to put some pressure on and extend.

...or a good time to balls it up, under Jose and away from home you have to be confident it will be the former. I sincerely cannot believe another team will have the 'luck' West Ham had against us.

I think I'd go for:

Cech

Cole

Luiz

Cahill

Ivanovic

Matic

Lampard

Shurrle

Oscar

Willian

Eto'o

Subs: Schwarzer, Terry, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Hazard, Salah, Torres

If we're struggling then we can bring Hazard and Ramires on for Shurrle and Lampard, or something along those lines. Resting some of our key players for the City FA cup game.

I think I'd go for:

Cech

Cole

Luiz

Cahill

Ivanovic

Matic

Lampard

Shurrle

Oscar

Willian

Eto'o

Subs: Schwarzer, Terry, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Hazard, Salah, Torres

If we're struggling then we can bring Hazard and Ramires on for Shurrle and Lampard, or something along those lines. Resting some of our key players for the City FA cup game.

Interesting idea, but I am left wondering where our goals will come from without Hazard. No one else in our attack is a prolific finisher.

Might be left to Brana again lol.

City home to Sunderland, should be a simple 3 points for them.

Free scoring Liverpool at Fulham, very likely a heavy defeat for Fulham.

Arsenal hosting Man United, well...Maybe United can keep it respectable.

All in all, must win for us to maintain the status as it is now.

no point in rotating too much now in the prem, JT back is a must - but why mess with a winning formula from a winning manager ?

WBA like to play football at home so cant see them parking any bus, will be a good game, must win as always,  lets hope the Hazard keeps on getting better

Archived