Strikers

Rthompson94

Still would like to see someone else brought in... as much as i'd like to see Bamford given a shot I don't think he's ready. Schurrle gives us genuine pace and agility up front, but I'm not sure if he has the killer instinct in front of goal that may be needed at critical moments. I'd either like to see someone like Lavezzi, or give Boga a chance to impress.

I seriously don't think so.

If Costa gets injured we're f**ked. I mean we will depend on Drogba and Torres. With no disrespect to Drogba but I don't think he can lead the lineup for the team who are gonna chase CL and EPL. And even he'll be out in Jan. And this time we don't even have BA..

And Torres do I even need to say anything about him? lol

To be honest, i am a little worried about it. Costa is still unproven in the prem and is a bit of a nut case so Torres and Drogba are going to need to step up, personally i don't think they are capable of doing that.

We are very vulnerable, if Costa get's injured i don't see who is going to score the goals up front.

No way, if Costa doesn't play over 90% of our League matches we have ZERO chance of winning the title. 

No offense to the big man - I'm happy with him being back in the club but he would be most useful coming off the bench for 20 minutes and big cup games rather than starting. 

The less said about Torres league record the better, we'd be better off playing several of our defenders up top instead.

im going against the grain here but i think we are in decent shape. we have 2 out and out strikers (and, erm, whatever torres is classified as these days!), plus we have back-up in the form of schurrle and salah who can both play up top and offer something. we're better placed than we were last year. would have liked to see torres moved on though, and either lukaku or ba retained instead

No way, if Costa doesn't play over 90% of our League matches we have ZERO chance of winning the title. 

No offense to the big man - I'm happy with him being back in the club but he would be most useful coming off the bench for 20 minutes and big cup games rather than starting. 

The less said about Torres league record the better, we'd be better off playing several of our defenders up top instead.

I disagree there, we came pretty close with having Eto'o, Ba and Torres up front so we'd still have a chance if Costa missed a few games. But that being said we'd be silly to go into the season with Torres and Drogba as Costa's back ups.

Well Costa is a big upgrade on anything we had last season.

But Torres is depressingly still here. 

And Drogba is not the player he was.

So another top striker would definitely be welcome. 

But knowing our Board we'll do nothing and hope for the best. 

We are in urgent need of another striker, Costa and drogba just won't cut it and heavan forbid an injury to the beast.

What the f**k is up with this mass hysteria?! Yes, a better 2nd option would be nice, but some of you are acting like we're absolutely doomed if transfer window ends tonight.

What the f**k is up with this mass hysteria?! Yes, a better 2nd option would be nice, but some of you are acting like we're absolutely doomed if transfer window ends tonight.

Look at man city's strike force then ours

If that's not a case for mass hysteria then I don't know what is

I think what Lane is saying is that if  months ago we were told we could swap Lukaku, Eto', Ba and 4million to get Costa and Drogba with a month left in the window, most of us would be smiling like the cat who got the Canary.  We are in a great position and that's regardless if we get another striker or not.  If we do, even better, if we don't I still think we are favourites if not sharing that status with City.

Edit: and we ran City ragged without Costa.  Our striker situation has vastly improved, theirs has remained static.  We have addressed out biggest weakness in a strong manner, City has not.

I think what Lane is saying is that if months ago we were told we could swap Lukaku, Eto', Ba and 4million to get Costa and Drogba with a month left in the window, most of us would be smiling like the cat who got the Canary. We are in a great position and that's regardless if we get another striker or not. If we do, even better, if we don't I still think we are favourites if not sharing that status with City.

I see what you are saying I just get so frustrated with our transfers/policy

Too much Football Manager 2014.

I just think for the amount of trouble we have in the striking department, and they amount of cash we have generated, I was hoping we would have that department fairly well stocked this summer.

Yes it is better than last season, but for the money we have available, it can surely be better.

Still a month left though, so anything us possible.

Jose's being politically correct in saying that he's happy with our front three for this coming season ... but he's NOT kidding anyone!

Costa cannot be expected to carry the whole goal-scoring burden on his shoulders alone.

Torres is a 100% proven complete waste of space.

And there are rightfully question marks over DD's return, at the age of 36.

Overall, it's still hopelessly inadequate IMO.

Therefore, I feel this will result in us falling just short, once again :0(

However, it will be close but fine margins make the difference ...

Archived