Newcastle vs Chelsea (PL) 6/12/14 KO 12:45 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Seems like City, United, Liverpool and sanchez FC have all kicked in to form. We need to keep them at bay.

This fixture is a cr*p one for us, or rather normally is.

No Matic, so I guess that means time for mikel.

Courtios

Azpi

Brana

Terry

Luis

Mikel

Cesc

Willian

Oscar

Hazard

Costa

Hope our luck is better than at Sunderland.

We have to overcome these challenges, everyone fears this game, but in order to win the league we have to win games like this.

I think we can do it, Costa is hungry I reckon, I can see him being the difference in this game.

When was the last time we actually won here?

No matic will be a big miss, thank god Fabregas didn't pick up his 5th yellow at the same time or this would be a very difficult game.

I'd start Ramires instead of Mikel and perhaps instruct Oscar to play slightly more defensively, aside from that the team picks itself.

Another trip up to another ground that has been less than friendly, and we are missing Matic. Any news on Cahill?

If Cahill is out, I'd really like to see us play Dave and Luis in their natural positions and move Ivan into the middle.

Then maybe Ramires, Mikel, and Cesc

Willian hazard and costa

When was the last time we actually won here?

No matic will be a big miss, thank god Fabregas didn't pick up his 5th yellow at the same time or this would be a very difficult game.

I'd start Ramires instead of Mikel and perhaps instruct Oscar to play slightly more defensively, aside from that the team picks itself.

We beat them 3-0 under AVB was the last time I remember, Drogba and Mata with goals I think.

Home or away makes a big difference against teams in the north east. So this is a very tough game. With the trailing pack stepping up there game this ideally needs to be 3 points. My prediction 2-1. Costa to get both.

Matic out is a huge blow, I'd be disappointed to see mikel start. This is how I'd line them up.

Courtois

Ivan

Cahill

Terry

Azpi

Oscar

Ramires

Willian

Fab

Hazard

Costa

This is a pivotal game in our season. Win this and our confidence will shoot through the roof. Any dropped points and we'll start to feel the pressure big time. Especially if City win.

We beat them 3-0 under AVB was the last time I remember, Drogba and Mata with goals I think.

Drogba, Kalou and Sturridge with the goals.

Gotta keep the momentum up. Matic will be missed but at least he gets a day off to rest I suppose!

I worry for Mikel stepping in, he hasnt kicked a ball for any length of time in a match for some time, to give him 90 minutes is maybe a risk. What about Ramires?

Ramires should maybe play in the role alongside Fabregas. He is prone to getting yellow cards and is always a risk when doing defensive duties....so maybe let him play an hour or so, by which stage I hope we are leading by a couple of goals then Mikel can come on if Ramires is in a dangerous / fiesty mood.

Edited by Zola

Matic being out is a huge miss and I seriously worry about us without him. Mikel simply doesn't have any of his qualities and we'll miss so much fight in the middle which is why I'd personally prefer to see Ramires in there.

The rest of the team probably picks itself. Oscar has to have a massive game because he'll be cleaning up after either Mikel or Ramires.

Every game in the Premier League is tough. It seems like everyone is so afraid for teams like Sunderland and Newcastle. Of course, Chelsea doesn't have the best results against those teams, but hey, we are the number one in England. We are better than everyone else. If we just play our game, I'm confident we will win. Especially with Krul injured; sometimes he is brilliant and at those nights you don't want him against you. 

That Matic is suspended, is a shame, but on the other hand: he can use some rest too. Ramires should be able to replace him. 

Same football, same motivation and same support, that's what we need!

Newcastle will be aiming to stop our run, also Jose's tactics didn't work against them in past. But this year everything is different, I don't even see them take a half point from us.

Courtois

Ivanovic

Terry

Zouma (Depends if Cahill fit or not)

Azpi

Ramires (Should be fit for this one)

Fabregas

Willian

Oscar

Hazard

Costa

Our players in great form, I'd say 2-1 for us of course.

Every game in the Premier League is tough. It seems like everyone is so afraid for teams like Sunderland and Newcastle. Of course, Chelsea doesn't have the best results against those teams, but hey, we are the number one in England. We are better than everyone else. If we just play our game, I'm confident we will win. Especially with Krul injured; sometimes he is brilliant and at those nights you don't want him against you.

That Matic is suspended, is a shame, but on the other hand: he can use some rest too. Ramires should be able to replace him.

Good points here. Chelsea has a great squad, both regular starters and players coming off the bench. I don't know if I would necessarily call our team "deep" or "stacked" but they certainly have the personnel to win games regardless of who starts. However if Newcastle really tests them it will be interesting to see how they respond without Matić and his superb defense, and how they mesh putting regular subs into those starting spots.

The problem with Newcastle is they struggle to find the net. An early goal in this game and I think we'll run out comfortable winners.

I wouldn't start with Mikel. Let's play an attacking midfield and leave him to come on and just mop up in the second half like he did last night.

So - same team as last weekend with Ramires instead of Matic and Zouma in for Cahill if necessary , please.