Thibaut Courtois

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

So instead we believe the word of red tops?

Are you being sarcastic?

The signs that Courtois isn't happy here is so obvious Conte even noticed it, if you can't see it then I don't know what else to say.

The signs that Courtois isn't happy here is so obvious Conte even noticed it, if you can't see it then I don't know what else to say.

Ah so you're basing that on all those quotes we've seen from Conte since agreeing to take over at Chelsea?

And Courtois' unhappiness is based on his submission of a transfer request or public declaration of unhappiness and desire to leave Chelsea clearly.

Or maybe. Just maybe you're buying into a media created narrative.. Y'know the media who invent stories to sell newspapers and generate website clicks?

Just an FYI. I know I posted the "what if" scenario regarding KDB and Cech, but I did state "if true...."

I am not buying into all the crap getting thrown about in the papers.  I've followed this team long enough to know that the press love a dig.  Christ, if you believed everything that was written, we'd be seeing Cesc, Oscar, Costa, Tibo, and Eden all leave this summer because they are "unhappy."

Are these the benefits of being Mikels agent? Haha You get all the juicy gossip.

Why you writing stuff that simply isn't true or no one else has seen. Your the only one who sees it.

re-sign cech.

stranger things have happened, we got rid of him for one

That would make me so happy. He deserves better than Arsenal. We also could really use a veteran player and club legend to mentor younger players next year if JT isn't there.

Ah so you're basing that on all those quotes we've seen from Conte since agreeing to take over at Chelsea?

And Courtois' unhappiness is based on his submission of a transfer request or public declaration of unhappiness and desire to leave Chelsea clearly.

Or maybe. Just maybe you're buying into a media created narrative.. Y'know the media who invent stories to sell newspapers and generate website clicks?

I don't know if he's unhappy here, but I get the feeling even if he's not unhappy, he still would be happier to go to Madrid. It makes sense for him not just from a professional perspective but also from a personal perspective.

I can't imagine that his Madridista girlfriend, who recently had a baby, wouldn't pressure him toward choosing Madrid if the choice arises. I certainly would if I were her.

I don't know if he's unhappy here, but I get the feeling even if he's not unhappy, he still would be happier to go to Madrid. It makes sense for him not just from a professional perspective but also from a personal perspective.

I can't imagine that his Madridista girlfriend, who recently had a baby, wouldn't pressure him toward choosing Madrid if the choice arises. I certainly would if I were her.

Should have thought about that before signing a 5 year, £100,000 a week contract then shouldn't he?

Should have thought about that before signing a 5 year, £100,000 a week contract then shouldn't he?

I think its £120,000 a week :-/

Can buy a new car every day of the year, but still can't buy perfect birth control.

If he leaves,then we are doomed,Unless we but Neuer or De gea,there is no keeper better than him.

Bollocks. A keeper only comes into play if defense fails.

If we get 50m for him we should go and get Laporte for that money.

Begovic can be no.1 or we can sign someone else like Forster or Navas.

Edited by Orpington_Blue

Bollocks. A keeper only comes into play if defense fails.

If we get 50m for him we should go and get Laporte for that money.

Begovic can be no.1 or we can sign someone else like Forster or Navas.

I agree it is nonsense that we are doomed if Courtois leaves however the idea that they only come into play if the defence fails is far too simplistic.  A top quality goalkeeper is worth a sh*t loads of points to a team every season and the quality of the defence is, to some extent, down to the confidence they have in the keeper behind them.   A back ljne that isn't confident in their goalkeepr makes more  mistakes as they don't have the confidence in how that goalkeeper organises them or that they will be dominant at set pieces or when the ball is crossed into the box. As soon as a back line lacks confidence in the goalkeeper they make rash mistakes.

I agree it is nonsense that we are doomed if Courtois leaves however the idea that they only come into play if the defence fails is far too simplistic.  A top quality goalkeeper is worth a sh*t loads of points to a team every season and the quality of the defence is, to some extent, down to the confidence they have in the keeper behind them.   A back ljne that isn't confident in their goalkeepr makes more  mistakes as they don't have the confidence in how that goalkeeper organises them or that they will be dominant at set pieces or when the ball is crossed into the box. As soon as a back line lacks confidence in the goalkeeper they make rash mistakes.

Your spot on, Chelsea are not doomed if Courtois does want to leave, I think Forster and Butland are very good keepers, Butland is nearly better than Hart in my opinion and younger.

Every pundit says a world class keeper is worth 10-12 points to a team and its true. Cech at his best was the most commanding keeper I have seen in the prem, Chelsea would be the only team to go to places like Stoke and say come on then hit us with your long balls knowing Cech would come for everything and that's with the world class saves.

Same with Schmeichel and Seaman. I bet Leicester fans could go back through the season and find saves Schmeichel has made which has saved them points.

Arsenal only got a good replacement when Chelsea gave them one :(

That is exactly what I meant. Any decent goalie behind a top notch defense would do the job. Think back to Valdes at barca or lehman and the pony tail guy at arsenal.

The keeper not being a numpty is a given. I am not suggesting going out and buying mignolet or someone like that.

That is exactly what I meant. Any decent goalie behind a top notch defense would do the job. Think back to Valdes at barca or lehman and the pony tail guy at arsenal.

The keeper not being a numpty is a given. I am not suggesting going out and buying mignolet or someone like that.

Still think you under estimate the value of a top class keeper. 'The 'pony tail guy at Arsenal' was absolutely top drawer whilst Lehman and Valdes were not in the very top level but were comofrtably better than average.

begovic is too good to be a number two, but he's not good enough to be a first choice for a side with our ambitions. I don't think he'll be at the club next season.

keeping courtois is going to be an important part of our summer work. if not, it is almost impossible that we'll get someone of a similar level.

Still think you under estimate the value of a top class keeper. 'The 'pony tail guy at Arsenal' was absolutely top drawer whilst Lehman and Valdes were not in the very top level but were comofrtably better than average.

Put it this way. A team winning the league with Courtois, will most likely win the league with Begovic. Unless its a very close title fight which we see probably once in 5 years.

What you say is more valid in cup competitions where one brilliant game by a keeper can be the difference between winning the trophy or now, sort of like Cech in munich

Put it this way. A team winning the league with Courtois, will most likely win the league with Begovic. Unless its a very close title fight which we see probably once in 5 years.

What you say is more valid in cup competitions where one brilliant game by a keeper can be the difference between winning the trophy or now, sort of like Cech in munich

I disagree.  I think that is like saying a team that wins the league with Drogba is most likely to win the league with Remy

Seaman was a top notch keeper, one of the best in the premier league ever. Valdez wasn't even playing with a great defence, there defence was average but the team was so good they had 90% possession most of the time.

A top notch goalie is worth at least 10 more points, a decent one isn't. Your fighting a worthless point.