Chelsea v Spurs LC Final 01/03/15 KO 16:00 GMT

Eight Times

With our recent game against Spurs, and a lot of their performances since, I'm starting to get a little worried.

There won't be much in this, going to go for a 2-1 Chelsea win.

We've beaten some of the great English sides in cup finals, Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, Leeds, Villa, Everton, would be great to add Spurs to that list (after two failed attempts).

COME ON CHELSEA!!!

The boys will be keen to make amends for the horrible league performance at White Hart Lane, obviously Kane is the danger man but really we should be able to handle him if the defense plays well.

You fancy us scoring goals against this Spurs defense especially if our attacking midfielders show their recent confidence of taking on their man, the wide Wembley pitch should should them for that.

This is a good chance to help build confidence going into the final stage of the season.

Gonna be a tough tough game, I don't think we will make the same mistakes we did at White Hart Lane but Harry Kane is in such great form he is very dangerous. You may notice from wtching him that he never stops and looks to shoot at pretty much every opportunity, he's my biggest worry for the final.

All over the pitch though we have better players, it's just whether they'll be up for it or not.

Spurs play away in the EUFA Cup 3 days before Wembley. Unless they get a decent win in the 1st leg (the week before),doubt they will rest their 'key' players?.
They are playing well at the moment, but 3 weeks & 5 games before Wembley can easily change that.
Either way, as long as we're 'up for it', we are a better team than they are.

Remember, we put 3 goals past them at White Hart Lane.

We were an utter shambles, defensively and it won't happen again. It was a once in a decade result for them.

We always score against Spurs. 

Mourinho's records in finals is very good. 

Their only real threats are hurrykane and Eriksen so if we can keep them quiet then we should easily. But nothing is won on paper. If we play to even 80-90% of what we are capable of then we will win. We're a better team than they are. The 5-3 as aforementioned was a blue moon result.

Also can't help but think Bamford could be our very own Harry Kane given the chance.

The Lloris situation is interesting.

Possibly the best keeper in the league this season and their captain I believe.

He hasn't played in any of the preceding rounds.

If they stick with their reserve keeper for this one we could be quids in.

Difficult decision for Pochettino.

We know what Jose would do ..

Play his best keeper.

I'm pumped about this! We're back at Wembley which seems like a lifetime ago now.

I'm very eager to see us hopefully avenge our League Cup Final defeat against them back in 2008 and I'm also eager for us to atone for that defeat that occurred on New Years Day and to win the League Cup for the first time since 2007. Maybe winning the League Cup will galvanise us for the rest of the season like it did in 2005.

This is a big chance for Jose and the boys and we can hope they deliver the goods. We're a better side than Spurs but there's no question they'll be up for this and with Harry Kane in red-hot form he's someone we'll need to keep a close eye on if we win this and please Jose don't put Cahill on him. 

The boys know what happened at white Hart lane and they know what's happened in years past. Willian, he knows, he hates Tottenham! I have confidence they'll get the job done in such a big game. It may be close, possibly a 3-2 kind of game, but a nail-biter all the way.

I think Wembley will suit our passing game to a T. With our pace and if we move the ball quickly then we will really put Spuds under pressure. We will create loads and need to be more clinical than we were at the Lane, they will really fancy their chances so I think they will have a real go on the back of the 5-3 and that could be their downfall.

Harry K is their threat along with Erikson, quality players and must be respected. WE are better player fpr player on our day so we need to make sure we turn up.

Keep The Faith

The Lloris situation is interesting.

Possibly the best keeper in the league this season and their captain I believe.

He hasn't played in any of the preceding rounds.

If they stick with their reserve keeper for this one we could be quids in.

Difficult decision for Pochettino.

We know what Jose would do ..

Play his best keeper.

They'll almost certainly play Lloris. Think City had a similar situation a few years ago in the FA cup where they'd played Pantilimon in every previous round, but brought Hart back in for the final. 

Let's hope Lloris puts in a similar performance to the one he put in at the Bridge in December...

Archived