Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

This is bullsh*t....

If true where are FIFA ?  There are rules, you can't just come in with a massive offer and de-stabilise a team.

Also why Costa ? If I was Mr China Man there are, not necessarily better players but bigger names out there.   

Don't get it......

Also, think it has been said, but why the bloody hell would he want to go there ? champions League footie next year unless it goes really wrong.

all a bit odd if you ask me.

Probably Pochettino calling the club putting on a Chinese accent ? 

If his head is indeed turned around by that silly money... then let it be. But it's surely is a pity to see such an amazing striker to go to a tinpot league in his absolute peak. :/
We'll miss him for sure, but there's no point keeping an unhappy player against his wishes. It'll be quite an uphill task to replace him, as I think there's hardly any centre forward available who could fit in as smoothly as Costa did in our team. It's really sad.

how do these journalists have so much inside info? i wanna think it's bullsh*t, but who knows considering people say matt law is reliable with chelsea stuff. those guys just seem to know so much, when these issues should be private. 

28 minutes ago, bluegraham said:

This picture  has me worried. Done deal I reckon. Lol 

IMG-20170116-WA0004.jpg

Love it  LOL.

All jokes aside though, surely with him being a want away striker in recent times and being left out at Leicester, these rumours should cause concern? Realistically, who could genuinely replace him at the moment? Especially during a january transfer window. 

2 minutes ago, Adam252 said:

Love it  LOL.

All jokes aside though, surely with him being a want away striker in recent times and being left out at Leicester, these rumours should cause concern? Realistically, who could genuinely replace him at the moment? Especially during a january transfer window. 

Not sure he can be replaced.  Hopefully  he acts professional  and helps us win the league and come may if he still feels the same he can f**k off with another league  winners medal in he's pocket 

14 minutes ago, PedroMendez said:

Anyone else think that the fact that he trained by himself yesterday and today whilst the others had the day off to prove his fitness suggests that he isn't on strike and trying to force his way out of the club

Dont think theres ever been the suggestion hes on strike. 

I would actually prefer it if costa was using this whole thing as leverage to earn money here, as at least I could understand it, despicable as it may be. 

Plenty of players have done similar although not in the middle if the season and not off the back of bust up off the pitch.

If it all ends with a long term 100% committed costa, then I'll be okay with that. 

It's going to hard to replace himy otherwise.

7 minutes ago, big blue said:

I would actually prefer it if costa was using this whole thing as leverage to earn money here, as at least I could understand it, despicable as it may be. 

Plenty of players have done similar although not in the middle if the season and not off the back of bust up off the pitch.

If it all ends with a long term 100% committed costa, then I'll be okay with that. 

I think Messi is doing it with Barcelona right now.

1 hour ago, PedroMendez said:

Anyone else think that the fact that he trained by himself yesterday and today whilst the others had the day off to prove his fitness suggests that he isn't on strike and trying to force his way out of the club

Happy learning about this. His commitment shows everytime he's on the field. That's why I can't see him moving to China

Some people said we should give Costa what he wants. I'd have to disagree with that. He has been very good this season, but at that rate Hazard would have been on 500k a week 2 years ago. Sorry, but it should take more than that, and the manner in which players go about things should be different, too.

Suppose they give Costa 300k a week now. What kind of precedence would that set? Hazard, Courtois, Azpi etc will come out soon and play the same card, possibly asking for even more money.

Sorry, but if the reports are true we'd have to sell, unless Costa apologizes and gets his act together until summer. Then a performance based contract might be on the cards.

We have to be reasonable :)

17 minutes ago, big blue said:

That what Sky Sports are saying

1 minute ago, PythonLu said:

Some people said we should give Costa what he wants. I'd have to disagree with that. He has been very good this season, but at that rate Hazard would have been on 500k a week 2 years ago. Sorry, but it should take more than that, and the manner in which players go about things should be different, too.

Suppose they give Costa 300k a week now. What kind of precedence would that set? Hazard, Courtois, Azpi etc will come out soon and play the same card, possibly asking for even more money.

Sorry, but if the reports are true we'd have to sell, unless Costa apologizes and gets his act together until summer. Then a performance based contract might be on the cards.

We have to be reasonable :)

Agree.

Plus if it is true...it is TERRIBLE timing. Cynic in me sees that its the same agent as Jose. Dont be suprised if hes involved.

1 hour ago, Adam252 said:

Love it  LOL.

No one can replace him but the next best thing to him is Lukaku. Big,strong and guarantees 20 goals a season. He would walk over hot coals to come back too.

Just now, DrogbaIsKing said:

this is gonna blow over and cooler heads will prevail everyone relax

Ive no doubt itll blow over and he will be back in the team.

That doesnt make him a happy bunny though, and it looks almost certainly like he will move in the summer.