Chelsea Vs Peterborough (FAC) Sun 08/01 2017 KO 15:00 GMT

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

It's progression in the cup, according to the crystal ball. Here are the predictions for the ball's first FA Cup match:

Chelsea (3-4-3): Courtois; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Mati?, Fábregas, Alonso; Pedro, Willian, Batshuayi
Subs: Collins, Ivanovi?, Zouma, Loftus-Cheek, Kanté, Chalobah, Costa

Prediction: Chelsea 1-0 Peterborough United (Willian)

Just the one goal from false nine Willian, who starts up top despite Batshuayi being in the team. Most of the starting team are regulars so this won't go down well with some who wanted to see youth/squad players get a run...but a win is a win. Hoping for a big one this week. Plenty of goals, just not a repeat of the Bradford City match. COYB!
Edited by BellettiBullet

we have lost another legend due to his playing style not fitting the coach. Its funny how ramires was sold to china bcoz hiddink didnt rate him as a midfielder and now mikel is being shipped to china bcoz conte doesnt rate him. All in all Thanks a lot JOHN MIKEL OBI. Any player who picks Chelsea over Man u is a legend in my books

1 hour ago, doctorblue said:

This is a League 1 side and it's time to rest and do some experimenting...Zouma in a back 3 with Pedro LWB, Azpilicueta RWB, Chalabah midfield, Bats up front 

Pedro left wing back ? I'm all for a bit of experimenting but why bother putting Pedro at left wing back ? He would be awful there. He doesn't have the physical attributes or defensive capabilities to play in that position.

12 minutes ago, Batshuayi said:

Does anyone know that Kenedy and Musonda are firstly fit, and secondly eligible to play?

They both are fit but presumably lack of full match fitness as they have not had much minutes this season and yes, secondly they can play but it means both would not be eligible to go on loan to another team. Also, even if either play for our U23, it means they will also not be able to go out on loan. Musonda has been linked heavily with Roma, but I doubt he will get starts there, especially when Salah is back from AFCON. Kenedy, I would like to see here and provide support for thr WB position.

Batshuayi and Zouma both confirmed to start by Conte:

"He (Zouma) is ready to start. I'm pleased for him. He deserves this. It's a good opportunity for him.

His injury was very bad. I knew this, I talked with my club about it in May. For this reason we knew he needed more time.

But now he's in good shape, he's ready to play & ready to resume his career."

(...)

"I have a good opportunity in this game to see Michy from the start. This is important. Diego is playing a lot.

I think it could be a good opportunity for Michy to show me his progress."

I'd love to see the younger players run out same as anyone but let's not forget we're done to only 1 competition if we go out, however unlikely that is. Hopefully we don't go too rotation heavy and come out flat. Peterborough will surely be up for this one from the get go. 

---------------------Thibo

------------Dave---Terry---Zouma

Aina----------Cesc------Nat---------Alonso

-----Willian--------Bats--------Pedro

Bench: Bego, Bran, Moses, RLC, Solanke, Matic

Hazard and Luiz need a little break. Kante deserves one and so do Cahill and Costa. I wouldn't be surprised to see Matic start instead of Nat either but I think he is earning Conte's trust and he repays him with a start. As much as I would love to see Kenedy start for Alonso and Musonda for Pedro it would tie them to us for the rest of the season and it would behoove us to have a little continuity going forward especially with our two best goal threats watching from the stands. I'd keep Thibo in because one error could cost us dearly, it's not as if he needs a rest. Better safe than sorry etc.. 

Anyone else get a sinking feeling Ivanovic will start at RCB for this one?

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

19 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

I'd love to see the younger players run out same as anyone but let's not forget we're done to only 1 competition if we go out, however unlikely that is. Hopefully we don't go too rotation heavy and come out flat. Peterborough will surely be up for this one from the get go. 

---------------------Thibo

------------Dave---Terry---Zouma

Aina----------Cesc------Nat---------Alonso

-----Willian--------Bats--------Pedro

Bench: Bego, Bran, Moses, RLC, Solanke, Matic

Hazard and Luiz need a little break. Kante deserves one and so do Cahill and Costa. I wouldn't be surprised to see Matic start instead of Nat either but I think he is earning Conte's trust and he repays him with a start. As much as I would love to see Kenedy start for Alonso and Musonda for Pedro it would tie them to us for the rest of the season and it would behoove us to have a little continuity going forward especially with our two best goal threats watching from the stands. I'd keep Thibo in because one error could cost us dearly, it's not as if he needs a rest. Better safe than sorry etc.. 

Terry is out injured

On 1/5/2017 at 09:31, TrueBlueBIH said:

We should start the bench players.

Begovi?

Zouma - JT (if fit) - Cahill

Aina - Chalobah - Fabregas - ?

Willian - Michy - ?

I struggle to see what we could do for the Alonso position, someone stated Kenedy i am not sure if he is registered to play, or Musonda.

Kenedy and RLC

Posh fan in peace. I hope we all get to see an entertaining game without any injuries whatever the result. Strong odds on a home win not surprisingly. I just hope we don't cave in without giving you any opposition whatsoever. Keen to see Stamford Bridge before a new stadium takes its place. I think most neutrals have grown to admire Conte this season, he is a more than competent manager and comes across well in interviews.

I just hope we can get back to Kings Cross despite the tube strike. Cheers all.

I really like Kenedy,  he hasn't played much for us but I think he's one talented boy with passion and who just wants to work hard and win!  I remember his celebration after scored for us in some cup game - could see it meant a lot to him!  I really hope he's one who gets a chance with us and Conte so that he can improve and grow into the team.  He can eventually become a good LWB and alternative to Alonso.  I worry for that side of our pitch and hopefully my worries come to nothing!

If he's recovered - i hope he gets a chance to train and play in cup games.  

6 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Pedro left wing back ? I'm all for a bit of experimenting but why bother putting Pedro at left wing back ? He would be awful there. He doesn't have the physical attributes or defensive capabilities to play in that position.

Agreed, Kennedy at left wing back is what I want to see, I'm not sure he's match fit though.

5 minutes ago, charierre said:

Will be interesting to see who gets a start on Sunday. I'd be very surprised if the team has more than 4/ 5 changes or it could get very disjointed and we wouldnt get to know how certain players assimilate into the structure.

Normally i would agree charierre, but with the holiday fixtures and us being a commanding five points in front, i think we should rest as many of the first team as we can.

8 minutes ago, coco said:

Normally i would agree charierre, but with the holiday fixtures and us being a commanding five points in front, i think we should rest as many of the first team as we can.

I can see the merits of your argument. My own feeling is that Conte will look to secure the victory before wringing wholesale changes. I'd hope to see Aina and Chalobah starting , be surprised if RLC does so with him going out on loan. I'd expect to see Zouma and Ivan in the back 3. The left wing back will be the interesting one.

3 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

I don't get a sinking feeling, i would be happy for him to play. He's not useless, he's still good enough as squad player. I certainly have faith in him to put in a good performance against a League One team.

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't get a sinking feeling, i would be happy for him to play. He's not useless, he's still good enough as squad player. I certainly have faith in him to put in a good performance against a League One team.

Guess I haven't washed the memories of him flailing around last season away. I think he's even less suited to play there than RB