Bournemouth Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 08/04 2017 KO 17:30 GMT

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I'd drop Costa and play the 3 mobile attackers in the front line, I don't think their defenders will like that at all. When Costa is playing poorly like he has been, all defenders had to do was to stay tight with him, get into a physical contest and Costa will be out of the game.

Huge game, and this type of 'easy' game is usually tricky at this stage of the season, thankfully they are no longer in the relegation battle, so it's just another normal game for them.

8 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

I'd drop Costa and play the 3 mobile attackers in the front line, I don't think their defenders will like that at all. When Costa is playing poorly like he has been, all defenders had to do was to stay tight with him, get into a physical contest and Costa will be out of the game.

Huge game, and this type of 'easy' game is usually tricky at this stage of the season, thankfully they are no longer in the relegation battle, so it's just another normal game for them.

Yeah i am starting to think drop Diego and use Pedro Hazard and Willian as a three pronged attack, a nightmare for those big lumpy center backs. Costa is making life too easy for the oppo defenders.

I'd drop Diego and play haz up top start for fab again, although zouma didn't play great I'd star the same back line or consider Ake instead, I think kenedy would be a perfect wb might be worth trying him on the right see if he can play that side be leafe Dave at cb 

16 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Ake knows Bournemouth, so if no Moses put him Ake in place of Zouma and matic for cesc from the last team. Really think putting out best finisher, Pedro, up front in place of Costa and bringing in rlc may not be the worst idea either. 

That's counter productive. Ake is left footed while Cahill is a right footed CB playing at LCB out of necessity. Put Cahill at RCB where his foot is natural and plug Ake right there at LCB where he'd also be natural. Problem solved. Also, there's no space for both RLC and Pedro while Hazard is also on the pitch. Not in this formation.

Edited by Barrettinator

I cant believe people want Costa out. He is our Only Striker and with the battle we have in the run in. We need the Guvnor. its only a matter of time before he scores a hat trick.  Have faith in Diego all strikers go through rough patches but at least he is still fighting

14 hours ago, Maksimov said:

Livescore used to be my favourite until I downloaded the Forza Football app for my phone. It does what livescore does, but also uploads links to video highlights as soon as they're available somewhere. Usually within a couple of minutes after the goal was scored. 

Thanks! always like learning about new apps. Installed! 

Unlikely that Moses will be available for this game too...think we should start with the same 11 we started the Citeh game with...nice blend of defensive strength with attacking flair...and hopefully Costa will forget about taking on their entire defence with his dribbling and just concentrate on hitting the goal...

Edited by doctorblue

We're starting with 10 and a half at the moment, for whatever reasons, Costa is nowhere near effective as he was in the first 20 or so games.

I hope he makes me eat my words on Saturday but hes becoming a liability that we have to carry, its almost as bad as having Torres back.

13 hours ago, coco said:

Yeah i am starting to think drop Diego and use Pedro Hazard and Willian as a three pronged attack, a nightmare for those big lumpy center backs. Costa is making life too easy for the oppo defenders.

People forget that even when Costa is off his game, he still draws a lot of attention from the defense, which gives others open space. He is a monster in the box given space and the opponent knows this. Yeah, he cannot dribble much and I scream for him to get rid of it as soon as he takes possession and yeah, he is overly dramatic, but remember how his presence forces the opposition to play us.

Edited by Chelsea Buzz
correct grammar

This is yet another huge one. They all are HUGE from now on I suppose :wink: Or at least until we win the title.

Back in the States after seeing the past two in person at the Bridge. I am looking forward to tomorrow's match. Spurs has a favorable run to the end of the season. We have two very difficult away games for sure in MU and Everton. Throw in a trip to West Brom, and it all could get more interesting than we all prefer. Must win these like Saturday. This just in: Moses is available tomorrow.

On a side note, after this trip to the Bridge, I really am going to miss the sight lines and closeness to the pitch of this version. I have sat in numerous sections, and all have spectacular views. I hope they consider the closeness of the fans in the new Bridge. Emirates and London Stadium are horrific due to the distance the fans are from the pitch.

Let's get all three points Saturday, lads!!

Come on you Chelsea!! :bluescalf::bluescalf:

I never thought I'd utter the sentence "thank f**k Victor Moses is available again".. but I just did.

For what ever his flaws are, he's a beast, a tank, a great balance of strength, power and speed.  Not overly creative, but not inept of creativity.  Not naturally defensive, but a role player.  Zouma on the ball is rusty, it's risky playing him in that back three and pushing Dave wide.  Dave is so good to have in the back three, because he's an A grade defender but also no slouch on the ball.  So Moses available means he can play wing back, Dave in the back 3 and Bournemouth won't score a goal tomorrow.

Diego put in a shift on Wednesday, I'd keep in in the team. 

Just now, Don Conte said:

MOSES is FIT

You dont know what u got till its gone. I hope all the moses haters can swallow their pride and accept that he is an integral part of the team.. All of a sudden i feel confident about the rest of the season.. Lets bash these bournemouth boys...    KING MOSES IS FIT

5 hours ago, doctorblue said:

Unlikely that Moses will be available for this game too...think we should start with the same 11 we started the Citeh game with...nice blend of defensive strength with attacking flair...and hopefully Costa will forget about taking on their entire defence with his dribbling and just concentrate on hitting the goal...

Moses.PNG

Hopefully those who retain faith in Costa get it repaid soon. Without him on form it will be a real struggle to remain top and even more difficult to beat Spurs in the fa cup semi. He is key to our success, or lack there of. 

On April 6, 2017 at 10:44, coco said:

Sorry i was being sarcastic again, when i said 'instant reactions' i meant knee-jerk comments.

Compared to Talk Chelsea match threads this place is full of Ty's.

2 hours ago, Van Butsen said:

I never thought I'd utter the sentence "thank f**k Victor Moses is available again".. but I just did.

For what ever his flaws are, he's a beast, a tank, a great balance of strength, power and speed.  Not overly creative, but not inept of creativity.  Not naturally defensive, but a role player.  Zouma on the ball is rusty, it's risky playing him in that back three and pushing Dave wide.  Dave is so good to have in the back three, because he's an A grade defender but also no slouch on the ball.  So Moses available means he can play wing back, Dave in the back 3 and Bournemouth won't score a goal tomorrow.

Diego put in a shift on Wednesday, I'd keep in in the team. 

The new system has been a godsend for him, my views on him as a winger are well documented but i think he's borderline world class as a wing back because strength, power and speed are massive requirement's there.